***The Official Boxing Thread**

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Love Alvarado
    Close fight

Barring bullshit, we're gonna have a third. That fight may very well be my bachelor party
  • Options
    Alvarado won that fight. Don't give a fuck about rounds, as a fight, he won
  • Options
    God, that face.

As I said, missed the last fight but hbo is doing well for themselves
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Put him on queer st.......wow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Agreed....it was close...but the right call
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Agreed....it was close...but the right call

Sign the papers for the third tonight
  • Options
    Fuck.yes

His eye his fucked
  • Options
    They still want to fight
  • Options
    What a crazy post fight :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Rios said he was never hurt...bullshit
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    What a crazy post fight :lol:

Love it. It should be old school boxing, go till someone falls.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    I could watch Rios and Alvarado fight 10 times. If half the boxers in boxing had their hearts, Boxing would be one of the most popular sports around again. Bring on 3!!!
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I could watch Rios and Alvarado fight 10 times. If half the boxers in boxing had their hearts, Boxing would be one of the most popular sports around again. Bring on 3!!!

No doubt. The fact that Rios won the first fight and had Alvarado hurt early and he fought back and won decisively is pretty incredible. Can't wait till 3. The outcome tonight will make looking in the mirror a lot easier for Alvarado tomorrow. Can you imagine what that face is gonna look like?

I hate to repeat what everyone is saying, but we have our new Gatti-Ward
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

No doubt. The fact that Rios won the first fight and had Alvarado hurt early and he fought back and won decisively is pretty incredible. Can't wait till 3. The outcome tonight will make looking in the mirror a lot easier for Alvarado tomorrow. Can you imagine what that face is gonna look like?

I hate to repeat what everyone is saying, but we have our new Gatti-Ward

What I love about this is that neither one of them really bitched or moaned after either loss and neither one of them have been disrespectful to the other. I think it's outstanding that right away they were both ready for a 3rd fight and Rios immediately said "yeah, I'll fight in Denver". Now it's just up to the promoters to get involved and screw everything up.
  • Options
    Fight Weekend. Expecting a good one tomorrow.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Now that are a couple of fast dudes. The Cuban was the clear winner.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

Yeah, tactical fight without much excitement. Good win but not going to gain him a lot of popularity
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Yeah, tactical fight without much excitement. Good win but not going to gain him a lot of popularity

Agreed. Rigeondeaux won the fight, but it wasn't as wide as Lampley and crew made it out to be and I hate boxers who get ahead and then run all night. Its smart but its boring as hell. The HBO announce team crack me up. They almost always make up their minds who won the fight in the first 3 rounds. After round 5 or so, Rigondeaux didn't do anything until the 12th. I agree he was controlling tempo but he was doing it on his bicycle. They kept oooo-ing and ahh-ing at his punches when alot of them did no damage, they were just fast. He beat Donaire up in rounds 1-3 and then in the 12th he busted his eye up (which to me looked like it might have been an inadvertant thumb), but other than that he did nothing but run. The knockdown made it much closer than the HBO clowns made it sound.
  • Options
    Not a bad heavyweight throw down on NBC right now

Cunningham dropped him early.

Dude pretending to box a few rows back needs to get knocked out
  • Options
    Too powerful
  • Options
    This Murray kid doesn't stand a chance but he'd really make me happy if he landed a lucky punch and floored that cocky little prick Martinez.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    This Murray kid doesn't stand a chance but he'd really make me happy if he landed a lucky punch and floored that cocky little prick Martinez.

Yeah, Martinez is some bootleg Roy Jones shit. Not a little bit scared of a bigger dude though. Tough venue.

Going to have to try to find the Garcia fight online. No Showtime at the crib. Fucking Golden Boy and fuck Oscar
  • Options
    Real clean knockdown
  • Options
    I don't think the scorecards are going to be kind, but is winning this fight
  • Options
    Last round probably went Martinez. Should be a 1 point fight, not gonna be.
  • Options
    Knew that was coming. Not a 115-112 fight

Boxing is very frustrating at times
  • Options
    Wow...big guy fight in Cali. Nipple's face...jesus
  • Options
    Sounds like the fight in Brooklyn is a good one
  • Options
    The Garcia/Judah fight was great. Garcia dominated for most of it and wobbled Judah badly twice, but Judah showed more heart than Ive ever seen him show and he never went down. He had a nasty cut under his left eye but fought through it. Last 3 or 4 rounds he hurt Garcia bad and was whipping his ass. If it was the old days and went 15, I think Judah could have pulled it out. Garcia is a helluva boxer who unfortunately is over-shadowed by the utter stupidity of his dumb ass old man.

Kid Chocolate looked good tonight too on the undercard.

As for Martinez, I loved watching him get sat down twice in front of the home crowd. That guy is a total douchebag and that "slip" was a terrible call. All Sergio does is shake his shoulders and cry to the refs. He has fallen off a cliff in his last couple of fights and has looked all of his 38 years. That guy is one of the most overrated boxer's out there.

Lastly, can't believe the Broner/Malinaggi fight is gonna be on Showtime and not HBO. Showtime is trying to make it into something it isn't already. They kept trying to goat Paulie into talking shit tonight and even though I don't like him, he showed class by just laughing it off. The Problem is going to destroy him.
  • Options
    What a surprise...Amir "Glass Joe" Khan looked like shit again last night. Why do they still put that clown on tv?