Options

***The Official Boxing Thread**

Comments

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Matthysse in 5 over Garcia. Danny's dipshit Dad goes berzerk and claims that they were cheated.

Floyd runs like the over-hyped bitch that he is and wins a landslide unanimous decision.

I hope I'm wrong. I like Alvarez and would love to see him catch Floyd with something big early. Thats the only way the fight will be interesting is if Canelo can hurt him early and make him fight instead of run.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Matthysse in 5 over Garcia. Danny's dipshit Dad goes berzerk and claims that they were cheated.

Floyd runs like the over-hyped bitch that he is and wins a landslide unanimous decision.

I hope I'm wrong. I like Alvarez and would love to see him catch Floyd with something big early. Thats the only way the fight will be interesting is if Canelo can hurt him early and make him fight instead of run.

Floyd didn't even break a sweat. I'm done convincing myself he's going to lose.
  • Options
    Wow, Chavez jr fight. Boxing is so rigged. So hard to love this sport
  • Options
    4 terrible scorecards in 3 weeks
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No kidding. Chavez Jr. COULD be one of the 5 best boxers on the planet if he wasn't a lazy, crybaby douchebag. He didn't prep for this fight at all and it showed. He thought he'd land one big bomb and win. I had him losing this fight by 4 points. What awful scoring. I'm starting to get frustrated with boxing again.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No kidding. Chavez Jr. COULD be one of the 5 best boxers on the planet if he wasn't a lazy, crybaby douchebag. He didn't prep for this fight at all and it showed. He thought he'd land one big bomb and win. I had him losing this fight by 4 points. What awful scoring. I'm starting to get frustrated with boxing again.

Yep, I really don't like him. One the judges has Chavez by 6 :lol:
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The scoring in the Chavez / Vera fight is a perfect example on how boxing went from being the most popular sport in the US several decades ago to the sideshow attraction it is today. That was a total travashamockery.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    :lol:

56 writers give Vera the win, 6 a draw, and 0 for Chavez. :fp:

Bob Arum scores the fight $98M to 92, Chavez. Can't have the future cash-cow gettin a ding on his record before exploiting PPV, now can we?
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    Jason P wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    :lol:

56 writers give Vera the win, 6 a draw, and 0 for Chavez. :fp:

Bob Arum scores the fight $98M to 92, Chavez. Can't have the future cash-cow gettin a ding on his record before exploiting PPV, now can we?

Arum always seems to be involved in the corruption that is boxing. Chavez jr is a joke. His dad is a boxing legend, Chavez jr will never come close to what his father was
  • Options
    PRL1JAM wrote:

Arum always seems to be involved in the corruption that is boxing. Chavez jr is a joke. His dad is a boxing legend, Chavez jr will never come close to what his father was

I think senior could STILL whoop junior's ass
  • Options
    This is scary. I watched this fight and it should have been stopped. Boxing needs to be more pro-active in stopping these guys form fighting way past the point they should.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/r ... ght-110413
  • Options
    Really wish boxing promoters would wise up and drop the price of these ppvs. This could be interesting tonight.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Really wish boxing promoters would wise up and drop the price of these ppvs. This could be interesting tonight.

Manny!!!

Way to expensive, but I'm a sucker
  • Options
    Manny is back
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Manny is back

Manny never went anywhere. He got robbed by Bradley and then got caught by a lucky punch. It happens to the best of them.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Manny is back

Manny never went anywhere. He got robbed by Bradley and then got caught by a lucky punch. It happens to the best of them.

Yeah, that last punch was rough though. He didn't lose one round tonight. Gotta love manny. Rios is incredibly overrated
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Manny is back

Yeah, that last punch was rough though. He didn't lose one round tonight. Gotta love manny. Rios is incredibly overrated

Rios is just a brawler. He throws hard so he's always in the fight, and he has an iron jaw, but not alot of skill or strategy
  • Options
    Rios didn't show an ounce of brawling tonight though. Talked a good game, but Alvarado is so much in his class than manny, tonight was a working
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not paying that but if it was $25 I might. Floyd / Manny is the only way I would drop top dollar.
  • Options
    Problem, solved

Fuck yeah
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Problem, solved

Fuck yeah

What an embarassment. I used to like Broner and think that his antics were more for humor than arrogance, but tonight he totally embarrassed himself. He fought dirty, he faked being hurt after the headbutt, and then to run away from the cameras that he loves to be in front of instead of facing the music is pathetic. Kudos to Bryan Kinney for calling him out for it. I just wish Maidana would have knocked his ass out.

San Antonio should be ashamed too because despite the fact that Broner is a dick, you can't throw shit at him after the fight.

PS - how good did Thurman look? That kid can be nasty!
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Problem, solved

Fuck yeah

What an embarassment. I used to like Broner and think that his antics were more for humor than arrogance, but tonight he totally embarrassed himself. He fought dirty, he faked being hurt after the headbutt, and then to run away from the cameras that he loves to be in front of instead of facing the music is pathetic. Kudos to Bryan Kinney for calling him out for it. I just wish Maidana would have knocked his ass out.

San Antonio should be ashamed too because despite the fact that Broner is a dick, you can't throw shit at him after the fight.

PS - how good did Thurman look? That kid can be nasty!

Agreed on all accounts. That faking was worse than Italian soccer players. Love Brian Kinney, a great Yankee fan ;)
  • Options
    Solid win for Jennings. Earning himself a fight. Good dude
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,078
    solid fight, especially considering the whole polish contingent was there. kind of boring fight for Garcia, but better to not lose it, which he was never in danger of doing so after the second round.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Salido v. Lomachenko tonight was everything that is wrong with Boxing. A guy makes no attempt to make weight, overhydrates and adds 19 pounds in one night. Enters the fight with a huge weight advantage, then proceeds to hold and throw low blows all night long while the ref stands and stares while doing nothing and Salido is rewarded with a win.
  • Options
    I fucking hate Chavez jr
  • Options

I fucking hate Chavez jr

He is one of the most frustrating boxers in the world. When he shows up, he can be very good, but he only shows up half the time. I still want to see him put Sergio on his ass again.
  • Options
    Just watched the Canelo/Angulo fight. Damn Canelo looked good but they shouldn't have stopped the fight (not that it would have mattered).
    It's time for Deontay Wilder to fight someone who is more than a punching bag.
    Danny Garcia is still a bitch.
  • Options
    Time to hang em up Paulie. You just got destroyed by Shawn Porter.