Mom arrested for putting kid in tanning bed

13»

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I couldn't decide which of the three possible threads to put this one in, so I went with the tanning theme:

The incident comes just a week after Nutley, N.J., mother Patricia Krentcil was charged with child endangerment after allegedly allowing her six-year-old daughter to tan at a salon. CBS News reports that the deeply-tanned Krentcil has since been banned from at least 63 salons in the tri-state area, with "wanted" posters displayed behind the desks of many of them so that employees know that she is not welcome in their establishments.

ummm...wouldn't it just be cheaper for her to BUY her own tanning bed? A bed costs like $1000, and an unlimited membership is around $40 a month (or something like that), in 2 years she could have her own bed, or if she has multiple memberships, in less than a year she could have her own bed...

thats math right there!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    RKCNDY wrote:
    ummm...wouldn't it just be cheaper for her to BUY her own tanning bed? A bed costs like $1000, and an unlimited membership is around $40 a month (or something like that), in 2 years she could have her own bed, or if she has multiple memberships, in less than a year she could have her own bed...

you're trying to apply logic to people that burn their skin to the point where they end up looking like a used catchers mitt...good luck with that! :lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

you're trying to apply logic to people that burn their skin to the point where they end up looking like a used catchers mitt...good luck with that! :lol:

true...I worked with a tanorexic...she spent $15k on getting airbag devices installed and her undercarriage lifted.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    RKCNDY wrote:

with her own bed, wouldn't she end up like beef jerky? :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

with her own bed, wouldn't she end up like beef jerky? :shock:
    She already is like beef jerky!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."