Mom arrested for putting kid in tanning bed

Comments

• perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Is she trying to get cast in the sequel?

robertdjr.jpg
    :lol:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    that is a damn shame; the mom

holy shit she looks freakishly charred to the levels of burnt crisp destruction
    anyone heard the nuke that just went off in the tanning closet?
    i believe the mom just ate an atom bomb
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    if she is married or has a boy friend that man is a complete dumbass for allowing his woman to get so lost and addicted to tanning bed use. he is a spineless freak himself. if she has no man in her life but is a lover of women, her lover is just as screwy as she is due to the lack of any sort of normalcy and commonsense when it comes to burning yourself beyond what is safe and disfiguring. this woman is a solid freak show on burnt legs
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I read the story - what a shame, if the mom wants to tan thats her choice but why put her 5 yr old daughter in a tanning booth is beyond me.... :?
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    heeeeeeres mommy!

large.bmp

:wtf:
    You know, that top just does not go with her skin tones. :think:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    wait...40 something?!?! :?

I think she needs another coat of bronzer...did you see her hands? hands don't match the face...

reminds me of a girl I used to work with at Macy's...except she was only 27...yep, she was that dark and that leathery looking. Maybe that IS her...she'd be about that age by now... :wtf:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Disgraceful bitch.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'd like to believe her story that the kid didn't go into the booth, but it's hard to take her seriously when she can't take her own health seriously.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Jason P wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    heeeeeeres mommy!

large.bmp

:wtf:
    thumbnail.aspx?q=4883717650513941&id=354230d559702cf8076ebd95de993fd4
    :lol::lol:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    you people are so mean and cruel. maybe that is her real complexion?

:lol:
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    UGH!! That woman is SO disgusting looking. Gross!! and, yeah, I thought she was about 58. What a moron. That little girl is adorable, and I hope this crazy bitch isn't putting that crap in her head, nor putting her in a damn tanning booth. Beyond ridiculous. :roll:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the tanning salon owner says the mom has a $100 monthly unlimited membership and goes roughly 20 times a month...and uses the full 12 minutes every time.

i wouldn't be shocked if she had a second membership someplace else.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Newch91 wrote:

OMG !!!!! :o

She went way past - just getting a tan - :(
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    156250_10150710599091456_86798606455_9882876_1673790077_n.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I thought it was just a bad picture, then I saw her on the news this morning. Oh man. What do they call it, tanorexia? I guess it's a real thing.
    Enkidu wrote:
    I thought it was just a bad picture, then I saw her on the news this morning. Oh man. What do they call it, tanorexia? I guess it's a real thing.

I was watching HLN this morning and she was even DARKER than that photo. She may have added a darkening cream to her skin.

Tanorexia - I never heard of this but she clearly has a disorder.... very sad.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    81 wrote:
    156250_10150710599091456_86798606455_9882876_1673790077_n.jpg
    Thats my brother.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Wow. One more type of mental illness-- people who tan themselves obsessively! Who would have thought of that?!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    stargirl69 wrote:
    :wtf: 44!

Some of the comments at the bottom of the page are hilarious
    That was one of the best parts of the story!

"That's not tanned, that's deep-fried."
    "How much for the talking leather sofa?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    tanning beds are slowly being banned down here in the sunburnt country. good thing too considering our high incidence of melanoma.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • twisted thoughtstwisted thoughts Posts: 4,377
    stargirl69 wrote:
    :wtf: 44!

Some of the comments at the bottom of the page are hilarious
    That was one of the best parts of the story!

"That's not tanned, that's deep-fried."
    "How much for the talking leather sofa?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

"i bet she smells like a slim jim"

:lol::lol::lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

Now she has her own action figure...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/je ... 50456.html

The overly tan New Jersey mom accused of taking her young daughter tanning has inspired an action figure.

The $29.95 "Tanorexic" mom doll is available from HeroBuilders.com, the custom doll retailer behind the Michaele Salahi action figure, Anthony Weiner doll and other attention-grabbing toys.

Patricia Krentcil, the real "tanning mom," pleaded not guilty to child endangerment charges last week. She was arrested late last month in Nutley, N.J., after police were called to her 5-year-old daughter's school.

Krentcil claims she took her daughter with her to the salon but that her daughter never entered a tanning booth.

"I tan, she doesn't tan," the 44-year-old Krentcil said. "I'm in the booth, she's in the room. That's all there is to it."

New Jersey state law prohibits children under the age of 14 from tanning booths. Children between the ages of 14 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult.

Police were alerted by school officials, who say Krentcil's daughter showed up for school with what appeared to be a sunburn, then told classmates she "went tanning with Mommy."

Rich Krentcil, the girl's father, told NBC the teacher misinterpreted his daughter.

"This whole big thing happened, and everyone got involved," he said. "It was 85 degrees outside, she got sunburned. That's it. That's all that happened."

:fp: :fp: :fp:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Comment below the story

"There's already something that looks like her at your local grocery store. It is called raisins"

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I have a baseball glove that's the same color as her. I am not lying or exaggerating. I really do.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    81 wrote:

My friend's mom does this and she is WAY darker than that lady. It is CRAZY. It is past wanting to look physically good at that point.
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    81 wrote:

My friend's mom does this and she is WAY darker than that lady. It is CRAZY. It is past wanting to look physically good at that point.

pics?

facebook link?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    81 wrote:
    Stardog3.. wrote:
    81 wrote:

pics?

facebook link?

Won't post here aaaand I'll send you a pic on your phone.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I couldn't decide which of the three possible threads to put this one in, so I went with the tanning theme:
    ..Another 'Tanning Mom' Faces Child Endangerment Charges
    ..By Brett Wilkins
    .PostsWebsite .By Brett Wilkins | Yahoo! Contributor Network – 15 hrs ago....This story comes from the Yahoo! Contributor Network, where individuals publish their unique perspectives on some of the world’s most popular websites. Do you have a story to tell? Become a Yahoo! contributor.........Another "tanning mom" is making headlines for her questionable parenting.

WHTM reports that Lancaster County, Pa., Children and Youth Services has opened an investigation into 28-year-old Krista Mann, who allegedly left her two children unattended in her car while she visited an Elizabethtown tanning salon.

According to Elizabethtown police, an officer checking parking meters last Saturday morning found the two children, a 6-year-old girl and a10 -month-old baby boy, alone in Mann's 2008 Suzuki. The car was idling and the front window was rolled down about an inch.

When the officer inquired where their mother was, the daughter pointed to a tanning salon across the street.

The officer then entered the salon and located Mann before ordering her to get dressed and leave. She allegedly confessed to leaving her children in the car and admitted that doing so was "stupid."

When the officer asked for Mann's driver's license, she allegedly said that she'd forgotten it. It was later learned that her license had, in fact, been suspended for driving under the influence.

Mann faces charges of endangering the welfare of a child, leaving a child in an unattended motor vehicle and driving on a suspended license.

"The thing that we hope occurs is that we raise public awareness to the fact that we should not be leaving our children unattended in vehicles, particularly with the keys in the ignition," Elizabethtown Police Chief Jack Mentzer told The Huffington Post. "Kids are curious by nature. All it would have taken is the 6-year-old moving the gear-selector in the car and goodness knows what would have happened," he added.

Despite the charges against Mann, her neighbors told WHTM that she is a good mother.

"There are a lot of people out there who do these types of things and get their kids taken away," Alesha Saez said. "She's a great mom and she deserves to have her kids, so this is the kind of thing she shouldn't do."

"It's a mistake and I know she's devastated," Trish Rowles added.

The incident comes just a week after Nutley, N.J., mother Patricia Krentcil was charged with child endangerment after allegedly allowing her six-year-old daughter to tan at a salon. CBS News reports that the deeply-tanned Krentcil has since been banned from at least 63 salons in the tri-state area, with "wanted" posters displayed behind the desks of many of them so that employees know that she is not welcome in their establishments.

rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I couldn't decide which of the three possible threads to put this one in, so I went with the tanning theme:

The incident comes just a week after Nutley, N.J., mother Patricia Krentcil was charged with child endangerment after allegedly allowing her six-year-old daughter to tan at a salon. CBS News reports that the deeply-tanned Krentcil has since been banned from at least 63 salons in the tri-state area, with "wanted" posters displayed behind the desks of many of them so that employees know that she is not welcome in their establishments.

ummm...wouldn't it just be cheaper for her to BUY her own tanning bed? A bed costs like $1000, and an unlimited membership is around $40 a month (or something like that), in 2 years she could have her own bed, or if she has multiple memberships, in less than a year she could have her own bed...

- Christopher McCandless