Which sport has worst officiating?

13»

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    The NBA is pretty awful, but I give them a break on all the travelling calls missed since it's become part of the game. If they started really calling travel in the NBA and college people would quit watching. I'd estimate 75% of the time a player catches the ball and gets their feet set he travels. When you catch the ball you don't get to move both feet to set up your pivot foot.

Baseballs has some of the most obvious stuff missed, but they have some pretty difficult decisions and they're right a pretty good percentage.

There's so many phantom holding and pass interference calls in the NFL. The roughing the passer and helmet to helmet calls have kinda gotten out of hand. And they say there's a hold on every play in the NFL, why isn't it called every play?

I think there's a bigger advantage per botched call in NFL than the other sports so I'll go with them.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    check the 2.35 point of this vid seems pretty floppy to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMXEPPKd ... re=related. oh yeah that was game 5 of last year's playoff series back when we were reminded that LeBron was way better at basketball than that complete choker Derek Rose.
    here's another but he's not really that good so he doesn't get the call http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suL1p30YVvE
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RW81233 wrote:
    check the 2.35 point of this vid seems pretty floppy to me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMXEPPKd ... re=related. oh yeah that was game 5 of last year's playoff series back when we were reminded that LeBron was way better at basketball than that complete choker Derek Rose.

that's your best flop vid. :lol:

you are really grasping at straws here RW. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    the best is the last one when he misses the free throw because, you know, he's kind of a choker
    RW81233 wrote:
    here's another but he's not really that good so he doesn't get the call http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suL1p30YVvE

the first half of the vid is a hard drive....the second half...i might give ya.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RW81233 wrote:
    the best is the last one when he misses the free throw because, you know, he's kind of a choker

being the lebron fan, you know all about choking and QUITTING. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

being the lebron fan, you know all about choking and QUITTING. :lol:
    rose takes it to a new level he actually tears his ACL to make up for the fact that he's just not that good, at least LeBron has the common decency to suck in front of everyone.
    :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    :lol:
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    In defense of sports officials... I'm a soccer referee and it's not as easy as it looks. You have 1 set of eyes and generally less than 1 second to make the correct call. Sometimes you get boxed out and sometimes plays are to close to make a precise call.. That being said, I have worked with some really shitty partners, who are generally out of position and not as familiar with the rules of the game as they should be...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    yes because Kobe and D-Rose have never flopped in their careers :roll: .

go find me a D Rose flop half as blatent as either of the two i posted.

LMAO!

i'll wait. :corn:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Not even close...NFL

Refs aren't even full time league employees. They have instant replay, which slows the games down exponentially, and they still only get half the calls correct...even though there are like 20 of them on the field
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    polaris_x wrote:
    Unless he has an invisible extension to his leg that only the ump saw, then this is in contention for worst call in baseball history. I still think the '85 World Series call is the worst.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Newch91 wrote:
    Unless he has an invisible extension to his leg that only the ump saw, then this is in contention for worst call in baseball history. I still think the '85 World Series call is the worst.

in the video ... welke can't see the bag because helton slides over to catch the ball ... obviously still a horrible call ... :lol: