Which sport has worst officiating?

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    drivingrl wrote:
    81 wrote:
    baseball has instant replay

Wha wha?! When did they start allowing it? Friends of mine who are huge baseball fans complain on a regular basis that they don't allow it. :?:

Do the refs review plays and all that good stuff?

They check for close home run calls only.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    locked wrote:
    thanks folks..

suprised Youtube doesnt have examples..

but I agree with the NBA..

come time of the semi-finals and finals..

anytime your team breaths on a member of the Lakers or the Heat.. its a foul!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM7sIEZT ... re=related
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    They check for close home run calls only.

This is news! To me it is, anyway. Clearly I'm behind the times. :oops:
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    it's funny how much we all trust the NFL...not saying they are the worst, but for no one to mention it shows what a bang up marketing job they do. moreover, a blown call or 5 in an NBA game might mean the difference in 3-6 points, which, while significant isn't worth as much as a blown call in an NFL game where there are fewer possessions (6-8 per game vs. 70-80) meaning scoring matters much more.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    they all suck. i seriously don't understand the mind of anyone who would become a sports official.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    soccer_peekaboo.gif

if you consider it a sport :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RW81233 wrote:
    it's funny how much we all trust the NFL...not saying they are the worst, but for no one to mention it shows what a bang up marketing job they do. moreover, a blown call or 5 in an NBA game might mean the difference in 3-6 points, which, while significant isn't worth as much as a blown call in an NFL game where there are fewer possessions (6-8 per game vs. 70-80) meaning scoring matters much more.

in general, i don't think nfl refs are all that bad. sure they bone head some...and pass interference is tricky, but generally i think they do a nice job.

if i had to rank the 4 major sports from best to worst

MLB
    NFL
    NHL
    NBA
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

in general, i don't think nfl refs are all that bad. sure they bone head some...and pass interference is tricky, but generally i think they do a nice job.

if i had to rank the 4 major sports from best to worst

MLB
    NFL
    NHL
    NBA
    I wasn't really saying they were bad, but in MLB where there are approximately 250+ pitches, NBA where there are 160ish possessions, NHL (I can't really speak to but it's constant movement), and NFL with 16 possessions and maybe 100 plays a missed call is more magnified than a good one. Additionally, there are more opportunities to screw up subjective calls in the NBA just based on sheer volume. I guess the point is that it's easy to throw NBA officials under the bus (and deservedly so in many cases) for screwing up plays. As you point out PI is a huge, huge call for or against that can, at minimum, flip field position...a missed hold or a hold called can mean the difference in 7 points. Plus NFL officials get their mistakes covered up by instant replay which would make things even more interesting if they didn't have it.
    imalive wrote:
    soccer_peekaboo.gif

if you consider it a sport :shock:
    Soccer is definitely a sport. There are players who are like that, as you point out.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i would say ... mlb, nba, nhl, nfl in that order ...
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    Newch91 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    thanks folks..

newch!
    awesome clip.

Miami Heat flops are classic.. the very last one at the end of the clip with WADE is horrendous!
    Referees were drueling all over themselves to crown Le Bron champion...
    That team has no soul or pride..
    :corn:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    here's another:

NBA worst calls of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V36qX2_ ... re=related

:o
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    locked wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    thanks folks..

newch!
    awesome clip.

Miami Heat flops are classic.. the very last one at the end of the clip with WADE is horrendous!
    Referees were drueling all over themselves to crown Le Bron champion...
    That team has no soul or pride..
    :corn:
    You're welcome. That whole team makes me sick. I wish there was a compilation of the 2006 finals where it showed Wade not getting touched and getting the foul.

The NBA really needs to crack down on the flops because it's ruining the game.
    there were exactly 4 flops in that clip...over 100 plus games. :lol:
    RW81233 wrote:
    there were exactly 4 flops in that clip...over 100 plus games. :lol:

1 flop is one too many
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    while i agree on principle this is part of the game that develops from not getting calls b/c players like LeBron, Shaq, and Blake are so big. I mean the latter might die on the court if he doesn't learn to flop.
    RW81233 wrote:
    while i agree on principle this is part of the game that develops from not getting calls b/c players like LeBron, Shaq, and Blake are so big. I mean the latter might die on the court if he doesn't learn to flop.

baketball_stun_flops.gif?w=447&h=390

:fp: :nono:

that's a pussy move
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    NBA is the absolute worst

but the NFL has it moments

see if you can find the missed holding and in the grasp calls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27XeNefwABw

fuckin 18-1... awful

fuck you locked... why make me think of this ;)
    just cuz the bulls are dead doesn't mean you should revert to this...hehe. btw you never agreed to the bet i made on the lebron sucks thread - might have been a good move. either way let the power of the heat wash over you like this :oops:.
    RW81233 wrote:
    just cuz the bulls are dead doesn't mean you should revert to this...hehe. btw you never agreed to the bet i made on the lebron sucks thread - might have been a good move. either way let the power of the heat wash over you like this :oops:.

:nono:

It has nothing to do with the bulls.

That's a pussy flop....it had nothing to do with getting "a call". IMO, the NBA should institute a flopping foul. 2 free throws and sidelines out of bounds. If missed, the league office should be allowed to review those blatent flops and fine the player for them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    lebron-flop-2.gif
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

:nono:

It has nothing to do with the bulls.

That's a pussy flop....it had nothing to do with getting "a call". IMO, the NBA should institute a flopping foul. 2 free throws and sidelines out of bounds. If missed, the league office should be allowed to review those blatent flops and fine the player for them.
    like i said i agree on principle, but it's a part of the sport like it or lump it. i do like your idea of the flop foul.
    81 wrote:
    lebron-flop-2.gif
    Might as well add the D-Wade one.
    yes because Kobe and D-Rose have never flopped in their careers :roll: .
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    What do you think the hardest sport to officiate is?

I think NHL refs have a tough time due to having to skate and dodge pucks and people. I'm pretty amazed that they stay out of the way as much as they do.

NFL has enough refs that I don't think they should be blowing calls (except for the dude that has to dodge inside linebackers).

Baseball is tough because of crazy rules and judgement calls that are required ... but judging by the size of umpires bellys, I don't think it takes much physical prowess.

I have a hard time giving basketball refs a break, especially when seeing it live in the stands.

WWE refs probably have the toughest job due to possible folding chairs to the head.
    RW81233 wrote:
    yes because Kobe and D-Rose have never flopped in their careers :roll: .

go find me a D Rose flop half as blatent as either of the two i posted.

i'll wait. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    LBJFlop1.gif
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Here you go RW, i did find a Vid of Rose and a Flop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... huOrQHSjWQ
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg