***Official Hartford 5/13 CCFA Fundraiser & Pre-Party Thread!!!***

Comments

• TaftTaft Posts: 454
    Not sure if it is in this thread, does Sweet Jane's serve food or should we plan on eating elsewhere? Thanks.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Taft wrote:
    Not sure if it is in this thread, does Sweet Jane's serve food or should we plan on eating elsewhere? Thanks.

I think they serve regular pub fare...could be a liquid dinner anyway.
    Xboxjunkie wrote:
    Damn, I wish I was leaving my wife home then. :D

I"m leaving my wife at home who's 8 months pregnant home with 2 kids. She passed on the last 4 shows I went to, so why bother now!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Xboxjunkie wrote:
    she'll probably be the first on the bar :D

Are you staying at the Hilton too??

No Hilton for me...I don't want to be tempted to stay out late after the show...gotta go home and be spoiled by my 4 sons~Sunday is Mothers Day! I'm not missing my pampering!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    Taft wrote:

I believe they do serve some food...not sure though...I guess I was more concerned with beer :p

I believe I heard someone say that they do serve food tho...

I can't wait to meet all of you guys!!!!
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    bump...bump...bump!
    yes - saturday! :cool:

rain will not deter me - couldn't care less. we will all be covered at the show, cooler temps means being more comfortable - not all hot and sweaty, and i still plan on walking over from the bar....1.4 miles is nothing, even with some rain - that's what umbrellas are for. worse case scenario - grab a cab - don't care! gonna be a BLAST! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• TaftTaft Posts: 454
    I believe they do serve some food...not sure though...I guess I was more concerned with beer :p

I believe I heard someone say that they do serve food tho...

I can't wait to meet all of you guys!!!!

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know, beer is the priority. :)

But I have a large group to worry about, I know people will get hungry! Pub fare is fine.

Looks like you and I will be at the same shows.....it will be a blast!
    Oh my god...it's tomorrow.

Someone give me a chill pill...I'm nervous.
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Are you going to have the Touring Van DVD for sale there in Hartford... Their website says it'll be at the CCFA pre show parties... Just want to confirm b/c they also say the last day for on-line sales of the hard copy DVD w/ the artwork is 5/14 and I'd rather buy it in hand than on-line by mail...

Thanks
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Are you going to have the Touring Van DVD for sale there in Hartford... Their website says it'll be at the CCFA pre show parties... Just want to confirm b/c they also say the last day for on-line sales of the hard copy DVD w/ the artwork is 5/14 and I'd rather buy it in hand than on-line by mail...

Thanks

Crap.

I knew I forgot to update something.

I couldn't get one to me in time for Hartford (I started planning this event with 24 days until the show!!) and I just keep forgetting to edit the first post.

Wait, I just checked it, I knew I wasn't crazy. I did update it.
    One Day To Go!!!!!!!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Taft wrote:
    Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know, beer is the priority. :)

But I have a large group to worry about, I know people will get hungry! Pub fare is fine.

Looks like you and I will be at the same shows.....it will be a blast!

maybe if we all drink like fish the place will worry about the liability and start to give us free food? ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    Oh my god...it's tomorrow.

Someone give me a chill pill...I'm nervous.
    its such a tease that we have such great weather here today and tomorrow we will be soaking wet!!

any idea if there are drink specials?????
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    thatgirl wrote:
    its such a tease that we have such great weather here today and tomorrow we will be soaking wet!!

there are some specials...

show your fun bags... someone will buy you a drink

same with groping...free drinks

:)
    thatgirl wrote:

The drink special they told me was from 4-7 $2 Coors Light Drafts.

With it being so close I didn't wanna push it with the drink specials in case they didn't like that idea and shut us down.

The owner is VERY excited about having us there and about the PJ show and he assured me there is PLENTY of PJ to play in the jukebox :)
  • ReddevReddev Posts: 7
    thatgirl wrote:

Today? In CT it is raining cats and dogs!

With it being so close I didn't wanna push it with the drink specials in case they didn't like that idea and shut us down.

The owner is VERY excited about having us there and about the PJ show and he assured me there is PLENTY of PJ to play in the jukebox :)
    OMG, there is a jukebox???????????
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    Reddev wrote:
    Today? In CT it is raining cats and dogs!
    no, in PA .
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Rained like an M-Fer last night here in Jersey, but the sun is out today. Maybe we'll get lucky...

We need to sell some official CCFA ponchos for the unlucky lawn folks...
    could be a nice money maker!
    bostonlou wrote:

Happy hour, groping, free drinks, fun bags, Pearl Jam, Hartford...what more could we ask for!?! :):):)
    I love to turn you on
    thatgirl wrote:
    OMG, there is a jukebox???????????

Last time I was at Sweet Jane's they were playing PJ. Automatically liked that place! I never made it past the bar though.
    I love to turn you on
    cilcia wrote:
    Happy hour, groping, free drinks, fun bags, Pearl Jam, Hartford...what more could we ask for!?! :):):)

no idea... i've got a woodrow right now just thinking about it

who's coming to the sheraton pool at noon tomorrow?? it's the pregame soak with bostonlou!

bostonlou wrote:

such a great deal

edit

no bitching...

i'll splurge for the good stuff ;)
    bostonlou wrote:
    no idea... i've got a woodrow right now just thinking about it

who's coming to the sheraton pool at noon tomorrow?? it's the pregame soak with bostonlou!

Good Lord! Is that a buoy in the pool or are you floating on your back?????
    I love to turn you on
    cilcia wrote:
    Good Lord! Is that a buoy in the pool or are you floating on your back?????

is that a comment about my belly or my manhood?

hmmmm
  • bostonlou wrote:
    i'll splurge for the good stuff ;)

yeah...what he said!!!
    coors light yuckkkk!
    Would anyone be interested in taking a shuttle bus to the venue and back after the show from Sweet Janes?

The owner emailed me and asked me to see if enough interest was in it. He said it'd be $5 a person to shuttle over to the venue.

Anyone? Hurry, I need to get back to him.
    I'm driving an SUV and will be heading over to the Dodge around 4pm from the bar and would certainly be willing to take anyone I could fit, or anyone that buys me a beer! I'm also bringing a big tent and grill for the CT Expo Lot and anyone can huddle there and hang.

That said, I think given the current weather situation and the # of people going to Sweet Jane's, I would ABSOLUTELY take the SJ owner up on this offer and get the shuttle for anyone who wants it. And for $5??? I would bet that around 5:30pm, after everyone has been drinking for a while, that not many people would want to walk a mile and a half in the rain dodging traffic. And especially since the owner seems to be into the whole scene. Sounds like a great idea.
    I love to turn you on
  • Myself and a couple friends may be interested. We plan on parking half way between the venue and Sweet Janes. Sounds like a plan to me...
    bostonlou wrote:
    is that a comment about my belly or my manhood?

hmmmm

HHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!
    I love to turn you on