***Official Hartford 5/13 CCFA Fundraiser & Pre-Party Thread!!!***

Comments

• Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    I would think that either Coaches or Black Eyed Sally's would be more accomodating. I live about a half hour from Hartford, what can I do to help?
    You know the Hilton might set up a room w/ a bar or a table near the hotel bar if you have several people renting rooms...

Sweet Janes (I've heard) is plenty big enough for us all to have a ball..and I've heard the Hilton's bar is VERY small...we've got quite a few people going.

But I'm gonna send you a PM...so check your inbox ;)
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    HB...Sweet Jane's would be a great spot for this! :) It's within walking distance to the Hilton and other hotels, and also is within walking distance to the venue for those that aren't driving or taking cabs. I think they'd be more than accommodating, or at least I'd hope so, seeing as how they bill themselves as a rock bar.
    I love to turn you on
    bump

11 days to go!!!
    Is anyone else just itching to get to Hartford?????
    BUMP 10 DAYS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Check out the scrapbook in the first post :)
    Bump for awareness of how rediculously close this show is!!
    Can't wait for this one...a long time coming!!!

Any final decision on the fundraiser locale?
    I love to turn you on
  • seekereyeseekereye Posts: 13
    I am planning on going to the fundraiser. I have a few things to donate.
    The MSG 7/9/03 Poster, I can burn all my 2003 Japan shows, I have an Animal Vinyl LP (though it is unwrapped I never played it.) Let me know if these are any good?
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Sweet Janes
    88 Pratt Street
    Hartford, CT

so this is definitely the place? cool. :cool: i am sooo looking forward to this!

my mind is rather overwhelmed with irving plaza friday - still can't get over it! however, hartford is my first pearl jam show with mr. dream by my side since holmdel in 2003, so definitely special!

look forward to it ALL! wooohooooooo! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Sweet Janes
    88 Pratt Street
    Hartford, CT

so this is definitely the place? cool. :cool: i am sooo looking forward to this!

my mind is rather overwhelmed with irving plaza friday - still can't get over it! however, hartford is my first pearl jam show with mr. dream by my side since holmdel in 2003, so definitely special!

look forward to it ALL! wooohooooooo! :D

Yup! I just got the call from the manager tonight and everything is a go. He doesn't think there will be a bunch of outsiders coming in though...

Little does he know, I'm sending out a press release tomorrow to the local radio stations to be announced on the air. Hehe.

I cannot wait!!! This is going to be so exciting...
    Bump

Trying to keep this findable cause it's so close to the day..
  • Hey folks....it looks like you've changed the venue. Just be sure to update the "general thread" for all the CCFA fundraisers.

What was the problem with City Steam?

Anyhow, I'd appreciate if one of the organizers would save a CCFA shirt for me to purchase. XL please, thanks.

Should I bring some copies of older boots to add to the raffle prizes?

I'll be bringing at least 2 other folks with and perhaps 4.

Cya there!
    bump for today
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Yup! I just got the call from the manager tonight and everything is a go. He doesn't think there will be a bunch of outsiders coming in though...

Little does he know, I'm sending out a press release tomorrow to the local radio stations to be announced on the air. Hehe.

very cool!
    you've really done so much work for this - going to be a GREAT preparty!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Good Lord I hope they have enough bartenders! :)

This is going to rock!!!!!

And here's to hoping they play some new songs for us in the bar to get us primed! I know I can't stop singing 'Comatose' and 'Marker In The Sand' - would love to hear these live in Hartford.
    I love to turn you on
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    still debating between tailgating and the preparty...

hopefully will meet some of you at the afterparty... which is where??
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    bostonlou wrote:

Let me help you decide. Do the preparty...looks to be a lot of fun...great cause...cool merchandise up for auction/raffle.

Do it for the kids Lou.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    bostonlou wrote:

hopefully will meet some of you at the afterparty... which is where??

Check out the raffle items...I just added 3 more...
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Let me help you decide. Do the preparty...looks to be a lot of fun...great cause...cool merchandise up for auction/raffle.

Do it for the kids Lou.

PBM

maybe we could raffle off a "take a swing at BostonLou"? I'm sure someone will be there that doesn't appreciate my sense of humor ;)

it's not that the preparty isn't appetizing... it's very ... sure it will be a good time

i just like a nice day outside grillin n chillin.... we shall see... don't want to let down the kids ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    bostonlou wrote:
    maybe we could raffle off a "take a swing at BostonLou"? I'm sure someone will be there that doesn't appreciate my sense of humor ;)

That will bring them in from miles and miles. ;):)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • hey hey:)...i am sooooooo excited just over a week!!!!!!!

and wanted to make sure chromiam is added to the list.....he'll be in attendance with me:D

you can always make it a +1...if you wish:p
  • Hey folks....it looks like you've changed the venue. Just be sure to update the "general thread" for all the CCFA fundraisers.

What was the problem with City Steam?

Anyhow, I'd appreciate if one of the organizers would save a CCFA shirt for me to purchase. XL please, thanks.

Should I bring some copies of older boots to add to the raffle prizes?

I'll be bringing at least 2 other folks with and perhaps 4.

Cya there!
    Umm, hello there. Did any of you nice organizer-types read this post and care to reply?
    thanks
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    is it sweet janes still?? im 98% that ill be there, i havent heard what the rest of the group is doing but im sure they wouldnt mind stopping by.

can you walk to the show from the bar? does anyone know?
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Greater CT/Hartford CCFA chapter will be there to support and help out as needed! They are excited as well.
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    thatgirl wrote:
    is it sweet janes still?? im 98% that ill be there, i havent heard what the rest of the group is doing but im sure they wouldnt mind stopping by.

can you walk to the show from the bar? does anyone know?
    You'll do what you're told.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I thought that this was being done through the Seattle / NW chapter of CCFA?
    If they are both represented who gets the money? I thought it was going to the one that McCready belongs to in his name...
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    You'll do what you're told.
    oh im scurred
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    1.4 miles from the bar to the venue... Not a real good walk though...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Anyone with the CCFA group have any extras to share? Basically a fan club member here who was away from home on business when the whole ticket buying frenzy went down... I'm local to Hartford so I can pick up or meet anywhere... Also looking to go to Boston/Albany/CCA-Meadowlands and even Camden, so If you're CT person with extras I'll drive, no gas money required... Of course I'll pay for the ticket!! Killer Alpine car stereo w/ satellite for traveling/listening pleasure...
    Let me know...
    Many thanks in advance...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
    Yes, it is at Sweet Jane's.

And I havn't had the time to update this today...I was busy at work.

There is a bunch of us (probably 50 or so) walking to the venue from the bar, so it's a big group and there's safety in numbers.

8 days people!!!!