New Love...Pearl Jam

124»

Comments

• Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    rpech'e wrote:
    Hello :wave: Dont be sorry......Metallica will always be # 1 on my list too!! 8-)
    :clap::mrgreen:
    Pearl Jam and Aerosmith are tied at #2 :P

That 'tie' will change. ;) I like (old) Aerosmith too, but a year from now, hanging out here and listening to a bunch of bootlegs that will make you laugh, cry, smile and sigh, you are gonna be going 'AeroWHO'???

I think pretty much everyone here would agree with me when I say that this band does not just invade your head, like listening to the music of other bands does, however good they are.

This band invades your SOUL.

Well said!!

There are very, very few bands that can do that. Many can put out great music and are great technically....but being such a force that they invade your soul? That is not something that can be learned, or even faked, by any old band on the block. You either have it or you don't.

This band has it.
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    Welcome to the board!

If you became a superfan without seeing them live, just wait until you catch a show! :D
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Oh and let me add...I love the "Hey Girl" thread :lol:
    Then find the Pearl Jam with Cats thread, you'll love it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Oh and let me add...I love the "Hey Girl" thread :lol:
    Then find the Pearl Jam with Cats thread, you'll love it!
    Found that when I was "lurking" before I joined hahaha.
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Options
    tater926 wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    downloaded the song BREATH right bloody now, get Benaroya hall if you can for another side of the band, listen to the records chronologically and hear their development, ignore everything that PJ has to do with U2 as they suck, go see them live, go see EV solo, get the dvds, DONT START COLLECTING VINYL, DONT COLLECT POSTERS or you can say goodbye to that retirement/holiday home/holiday/new car/everything, realize that it's impossible to have a favorite album, tell people every day that ten is not all they have done and the other 18 years are just as important, watch everything on youtube, smile and be happy that the best band ever have entered your life and you are now stuck with them until the day you depart this earth, after not picking a favorite album work out that VS is their best album :lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:
    Haha well thank you! I don't plan on purchasing vinyl or posters, as I'm not much of a memorabilia collector. Doesn't mean I won't be spending my "shoes and bags money" on PJ attire!

PJ has definitely made their way into my top 3 favorite bands of all time. Sorry, Metallica will always be #1 on my list. Perhaps they need to tour together :o:lol:

Welcome!!!
    I also wasn't interested in memorabilia to begin with, but i caught the bug with posters and vinyl. It took me 16 years to catch it, but now there's no hope. STAY AWAY FROM VINYL
    Yeah, I didn't care about memorabilia or merchandise either... until I did. The allure of posters and vinyl is hard to resist!! ... I'm not even gonna say stay away from it though. I just get too much pleasure from it to say that, even if I am broke! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    itll start out as a gig poster for a show you were at/liked.... then the cascade.
    Or it'll start when she gets her first holiday single and slide the disc out of the sleeve, lol.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    itll start out as a gig poster for a show you were at/liked.... then the cascade.
    Or it'll start when she gets her first holiday single and slide the disc out of the sleeve, lol.
    I will say this....because I am a handbag fanatic (like seriously, I have a problem), I will be purchasing one of, if not both of the tote bags. But see, I'll use them so it's justified in my book. If I can't justify a purchase, I won't do it :nono: 8-)
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I will say this....because I am a handbag fanatic (like seriously, I have a problem), I will be purchasing one of, if not both of the tote bags. But see, I'll use them so it's justified in my book. If I can't justify a purchase, I won't do it :nono: 8-)

I have extras of the black one, maybe the red, too. PM me and I'll be more than happy to send it your way!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options

I have extras of the black one, maybe the red, too. PM me and I'll be more than happy to send it your way!
    Sent. THANK YOU!!!!
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Welcome. . :D
    Don't be afraid if pearl jam starts taking over your life, it's completely normal.
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Are you saying that you won't be playing your holiday single records? Can I have them? Extras are good for when I wear out my own someday. :geek:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Are you saying that you won't be playing your holiday single records? Can I have them? Extras are good for when I wear out my own someday. :geek:
    Sure! I have the digital membership, do these singles come via email or regular mail?
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Sure! I have the digital membership, do these singles come via email or regular mail?
    Oh. Never mind (but thanks for saying yes, lol!). I was talking about the vinyl that you get with the analog membership boy. I actually don't even know if you get a digital version of the holiday single. actually. I don't think so but not sure.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Oh. Never mind (but thanks for saying yes, lol!). I was talking about the vinyl that you get with the analog membership boy. I actually don't even know if you get a digital version of the holiday single. actually. I don't think so but not sure.
    Womp womp :( S'ok, I'll make my own "holiday" single :lol:
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

if your membership is digital you will get the xmas single and the news letter on .mp3 file and .pdf file respectively... and if you are insterested you can get 3 of the previous xmas singles, the record is for free, you just pay for shipping, in some occasion more previous xmas singles show up, and the 2010 xmas single may show up soon as well...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

if your membership is digital you will get the xmas single and the news letter on .mp3 file and .pdf file respectively... and if you are insterested you can get 3 of the previous xmas singles, the record is for free, you just pay for shipping, in some occasion more previous xmas singles show up, and the 2010 xmas single may show up soon as well...

I just received the 3 Xmas singles,very cool vinyls,and just shipping is good deal.......going to cost me a lot more in the long run though as I have now realized I'm probably going to need to upgrade my 20 year old house stereo,which was probably the last time I spun anything :lol::lol:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    grungegirlgrungegirl Posts: 138
    Welcome. Not only is the band great, but honestly they have the best fans :) Lots of amazing people here!
  • Options
    grungegirl wrote:
    Welcome. Not only is the band great, but honestly they have the best fans :) Lots of amazing people here!
    I am seeing that! Everyone's great here :)
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Hi! New here (be gentle!). I've always liked PJ throughout the years. I've always had a lot of respect and admiration for Eddie Vedder (for his WM3 support). However, I watched PJ20 when it came out and I've since become a superfan. This band is absolutely amazing in every sense of the word. They've never compromised who they were for popularity or money. It's one of those "where the hell have I been?" type of things. I've been listening to them pretty much non-stop for months now. I don't like Pearl Jam now...I LOVE them.

I came onto the forums, peeked around a bit for about a week and saw how dedicated and awesome you guys are. I was part of the Metallica "MetClub" for years and I thought they had some tight fans. You guys beat them by a loooooong shot. Hope to get to know everyone here!

Lisa
    love reading stuff like this. Metallica is my 2nd fav probably behind PJ. I would recommend you come to atlanta and see them but I think you'd rather see them at one of their own shows
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Welcome Lisa!! I believe that you will find that the people here (for the most part) are a reflection of the band, thought-provoking, generous, supportive, insightful, motivating...etc

Pearl Jam gives us so much, and the people here reflect that!!

Hope you enjoy your time here and get infected with the best disease mankind has to offer!!

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 550
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Hi! New here (be gentle!). I've always liked PJ throughout the years. I've always had a lot of respect and admiration for Eddie Vedder (for his WM3 support). However, I watched PJ20 when it came out and I've since become a superfan. This band is absolutely amazing in every sense of the word. They've never compromised who they were for popularity or money. It's one of those "where the hell have I been?" type of things. I've been listening to them pretty much non-stop for months now. I don't like Pearl Jam now...I LOVE them.

I came onto the forums, peeked around a bit for about a week and saw how dedicated and awesome you guys are. I was part of the Metallica "MetClub" for years and I thought they had some tight fans. You guys beat them by a loooooong shot. Hope to get to know everyone here!

Lisa

Welcome from a fellow Long Islander... where on LI are you? Ronkonkoma here.
    Shows attended: 38

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2
  • Options
    Lsk6453 wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

Lisa

I'm in Islip :)
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Lsk6453 wrote:
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

Lisa

Cool. we should connect sometime and talk PJ!
    I'm in Islip :)

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2
  • Options

Lisa[/quote]

Cool. we should connect sometime and talk PJ!
    Welcome from a fellow Long Islander... where on LI are you? Ronkonkoma here.[/quote]
    I'm in Islip :)[/quote][/quote]

Very cool.. We should connect sometime and talk PJ