Options

New Love...Pearl Jam

LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
edited May 2012 in The Porch
Hi! New here (be gentle!). I've always liked PJ throughout the years. I've always had a lot of respect and admiration for Eddie Vedder (for his WM3 support). However, I watched PJ20 when it came out and I've since become a superfan. This band is absolutely amazing in every sense of the word. They've never compromised who they were for popularity or money. It's one of those "where the hell have I been?" type of things. I've been listening to them pretty much non-stop for months now. I don't like Pearl Jam now...I LOVE them.

I came onto the forums, peeked around a bit for about a week and saw how dedicated and awesome you guys are. I was part of the Metallica "MetClub" for years and I thought they had some tight fans. You guys beat them by a loooooong shot. Hope to get to know everyone here!

Lisa
"Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,478
    Welcome to the board :wave: Enjoy your time here on the board.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    Gentle is no fun :mrgreen:
    welcome and enjoy.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Well it's about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    Welcome!!! You will have wonderful times year!!

I love Pearl Jam too!! :mrgreen:
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    "best band in the world" ~ ben harper

welcome aboard the freak show :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Welcome, Lisa

Have you seen them live yet? Because if not... look out, it will raise your fan-dom to a new level. To tide you over, are you looking for bootlegs/suggestions? Im sure you would get plenty of those.

Anyways, this is like a neverending pit. Ive been digging for 10 years and I "Cant touch the bottom". All the fellow fans, shows, albums, events, posters, vinyl, 10c goodies, etc...
  • Options

Wow....totally meant *HERE not YEAR. No idea how that happened...must be my Engrish kicking in. :shifty:
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
  • Options

Wow....totally meant *HERE not YEAR. No idea how that happened...must be my Engrish kicking in. :shifty:

:lol::D;)
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    Welcome!
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    Thanks guys! I actually have not seen them live yet. I once had the chance, but ummm....passed it up for Metallica tickets. I got instant karma though because I ended up having to leave not even half way through Metallica's set, as my friend got really sick with food poisoning at the show. I can't wait til I finally do!!! So you've got a "virgin" on your hands here....again, be gentle :P
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Thanks guys! I actually have not seen them live yet. I once had the chance, but ummm....passed it up for Metallica tickets. I got instant karma though because I ended up having to leave not even half way through Metallica's set, as my friend got really sick with food poisoning at the show. I can't wait til I finally do!!! So you've got a "virgin" on your hands here....again, be gentle :P

I can't wait to hear about your PJ-concert-cherry-poppin' experience!

Do you have a favorite album so far? Song that you really really love??
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Welcome to the sickness :D
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

metallica over pearl jam???? :shock:

kick this fucker outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding, we all make mistakes :mrgreen: :P
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Welcome, Lisa

Have you seen them live yet? Because if not... look out, it will raise your fan-dom to a new level. To tide you over, are you looking for bootlegs/suggestions? Im sure you would get plenty of those.

Anyways, this is like a neverending pit. Ive been digging for 10 years and I "Cant touch the bottom". All the fellow fans, shows, albums, events, posters, vinyl, 10c goodies, etc...

My advice to Lisa... Aim to see them in smaller towns, rather than NYC. I've heard that seeing them in NYC is fun, but it's also cause for a lot of headaches relating to getting tickets.

Certainly try for whatever is near you, but if you have the money to go to a smaller city on a vacation, do that as well. It might be worth the payoff.

If the last time was any indication, you'll press that F5 button and re-enter your credit card info a lot of times in order to get those NYC tickets.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Welcome, Lisa! I guarantee you will have the time of your life here! :D

I just discovered PJ a little less than two years ago, joined 10c in May 2011, and I can't begin to tell you the joy this band and community of fans have brought to my life! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Welcome!!!! :wave:

You'll have a blast here!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    Welcome to the obsession.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    cl263197cl263197 Posts: 38
    Best band and fans in the world.
  • Options
    :wave: :-D
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Welcome, Lisa

My advice to Lisa... Aim to see them in smaller towns, rather than NYC. I've heard that seeing them in NYC is fun, but it's also cause for a lot of headaches relating to getting tickets.

Certainly try for whatever is near you, but if you have the money to go to a smaller city on a vacation, do that as well. It might be worth the payoff.

If the last time was any indication, you'll press that F5 button and re-enter your credit card info a lot of times in order to get those NYC tickets.

New York would be the FIRST place I'd try to see them!
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    greetings from Texas! welcome to the board! :wave:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    don't buy posters... just don't

;)
    :nono:

oh and hi
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    Welcome....and ya...quite frankly...i really dont understand how so many people are just casual fans of the band...or just liked em' for their 1st 3 lps...

so much amazing music after vitalogy...heck, ask my son...
    he randomly loves songs from binaural and the avocado lp...those 2 are prolly his fav cd's and he's 14...

again...welcome aboard...its so nice to hear new people getted hooked everyday..

peace from the middle of america...
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    Welcome Lisa! :D Enjoy the ride! ;)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Welcome!

I wondered if I was the only one on here that liked Pearl Jam. :lol:
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    don't buy posters... just don't

;)
    :nono:

oh and hi

Or vinyl!!! :lol:

Welcome to the club! This place is pretty awesome.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    SEACIDE wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Welcome, Lisa

New York would be the FIRST place I'd try to see them!

Indeed, especially if it's the closest location.

I'm just saying "Don't put your eggs in one basket."

If I had a chance to go on a mini-PJ vacation though... TAKE IT. A lot of those smaller cities may not get as much of a 10C sale, which could translate into better seats. The recent Canadian tour was apparently dismal. People got GREAT SEATS to that without trying too hard.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Welcome Lisa!!! You will find after a short time that not only is this band amazing, but this community is too. Hope you can make it to a show sometime SOON :P
    Jamie
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    Welcome aboard
  • Options
    Richie15Richie15 Posts: 35
    Lisa get out while you can! My girlfriend gave me a million jobs to do round the house today while she's in work, so far i'v watched single video theory and live at the showbox, searched online for bootlegs and checked the website every 10 minutes waiting for Alpine Valley news. I'm now ironing at 9 in the evening. This is what this band does to people!!!