Options

New Love...Pearl Jam

Comments

• Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    Welcome :thumbup:
  • Options
    aennilaennil Posts: 415
    Welcome :D So nice to hear from another newly-infected PJfan!
    To me, discovering Pearl Jam a year ago, was like turning the light on - they make it a little easier to navigate

You have probably already discovered this, but this place is full of great people, with grand love for and amazing knowledge of PJ. Not to mention, all the great laughs they generate in every corner!
    Have fun :P
  • Options
    LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    Thanks again, everyone! I can't say I have a favorite album only because I've realized I have A LOT to "catch up" on outside of Ten, VS and Vitalogy. My favorite song at the moment is "Just Breathe," only because it has a lot of meaning to me. Let me tell ya's something...PJ has replaced my anxiety medication :lol: Haven't taken it (or had the need to take it) since they've taken over my iPod haha.
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Welcome! :wave:

We've been waiting for you. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    I actually have not seen them live yet.

hold onto your potatoes, dr jones!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    Oh and let me add...I love the "Hey Girl" thread :lol:
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
  • Options
    Welcome!! I am kinda new here too! I have only been a member since January, but have become addicted to this site :oops: Lots of great people on here! :D Have fun!
  • Options
    Richie15 wrote:
    Lisa get out while you can! My girlfriend gave me a million jobs to do round the house today while she's in work, so far i'v watched single video theory and live at the showbox, searched online for bootlegs and checked the website every 10 minutes waiting for Alpine Valley news. I'm now ironing at 9 in the evening. This is what this band does to people!!!
    Yeah I already see what PJ is doing to me. I'm at work with about a half hour left to go...completely stopped working and came onto the boards :nono: :lol: From what I've been reading, I'm jealous of the people who went to Alpine Valley! Soooooo there's PJ's reason for doing another one, I need to go.
  • Options
    hey. do you have any bootlegs yet? i've got a few of the official 2003s laying around if you want em, they are yours free. Welcome to the board-style. pm me your address and ill send em your way

:)

jim
  • Options
    hey. do you have any bootlegs yet? i've got a few of the official 2003s laying around if you want em, they are yours free. Welcome to the board-style. pm me your address and ill send em your way

jim
    Ooooh yes I'd love some bootlegs! That's so awesome of you! I just have the MSG (2nd show) from 2010 that I downloaded. I gotta say, the audience on that bootleg is phenomenal. Louder than anything I've ever heard on other band's bootlegs that I have. Hearing "Better Man" and "Nothingman" with the crowd singing like that, gives me chills.

I'll PM you my address....thank you so much!
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270

jim

:clap:
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

jim
    Ooooh yes I'd love some bootlegs! That's so awesome of you! I just have the MSG (2nd show) from 2010 that I downloaded. I gotta say, the audience on that bootleg is phenomenal. Louder than anything I've ever heard on other band's bootlegs that I have. Hearing "Better Man" and "Nothingman" with the crowd singing like that, gives me chills.

msgII 2010, aka "the show" still gives me chills to this day...

lets see, ive got these for you:

02/18/2003 melbourne
    02/2082003 melbourne - missing cardboard case
    02/23/2003 perth
    03/03/2003 tokya - this one is just sick...SICK I TELL YOU!
    05/03/2003 State College PA

packaging them up as we speak!
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

jim

msgII 2010, aka "the show" still gives me chills to this day...

lets see, ive got these for you:

02/18/2003 melbourne
    02/2082003 melbourne - missing cardboard case
    02/23/2003 perth
    03/03/2003 tokya - this one is just sick...SICK I TELL YOU!
    05/03/2003 State College PA

packaging them up as we speak!
    So awesome of you, I appreciate it!!! Umm I have some Metallica bootlegs, if you want? LOL. From their St. Anger tour (with Godsmack).
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Welcome to the board!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Thanks guys! I actually have not seen them live yet. I once had the chance, but ummm....passed it up for Metallica tickets. I got instant karma though because I ended up having to leave not even half way through Metallica's set, as my friend got really sick with food poisoning at the show. I can't wait til I finally do!!! So you've got a "virgin" on your hands here....again, be gentle :P
    Omigod. I'm so jealous. It's gonna blow your mind.

Welcome :wave:
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Welcome.....Nice to not be the newest one around here anymore........Can already tell your awesome since you have found the Hey Girl thread :lol:
    I was also welcomed with the gift of some bootlegs! Thanks again Mudfest! :D
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Welcome.....Nice to not be the newest one around here anymore........Can already tell your awesome since you have found the Hey Girl thread :lol:

Oh and go look for the Pics where Eddie looks hot 2 thread.... :lol::lol:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    welcome to the jamily... what took you so long? stay away from vinyl, been there, done that, I'm all messed up... and I recently caught the poster deseased... very catchy as well... some of us are considering group counseling with our membership...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

Oh and go look for the Pics where Eddie looks hot 2 thread.... :lol::lol:
    Oh I have looked at that thread...and looked.....and looked some more. Kind of pointless seeing as there are no pics where Ed doesn't look hot :lol: I absolutely loved the link of the video with him and Laird Hamilton. I love surfing and Vedder with it...heaven!
  • Options
    welcome to the jamily... what took you so long? stay away from vinyl, been there, done that, I'm all messed up... and I recently caught the poster deseased... very catchy as well... some of us are considering group counseling with our membership...
    Isn't this forum "group counseling"? :lol:
  • Options
    downloaded the song BREATH right bloody now, get Benaroya hall if you can for another side of the band, listen to the records chronologically and hear their development, ignore everything that PJ has to do with U2 as they suck, go see them live, go see EV solo, get the dvds, DONT START COLLECTING VINYL, DONT COLLECT POSTERS or you can say goodbye to that retirement/holiday home/holiday/new car/everything, realize that it's impossible to have a favorite album, tell people every day that ten is not all they have done and the other 18 years are just as important, watch everything on youtube, smile and be happy that the best band ever have entered your life and you are now stuck with them until the day you depart this earth, after not picking a favorite album work out that VS is their best album :lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    Welcome to the boards!! :D
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Welcome!...be sure to check out Next Tuesdays Fan Club sale
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    downloaded the song BREATH right bloody now, get Benaroya hall if you can for another side of the band, listen to the records chronologically and hear their development, ignore everything that PJ has to do with U2 as they suck, go see them live, go see EV solo, get the dvds, DONT START COLLECTING VINYL, DONT COLLECT POSTERS or you can say goodbye to that retirement/holiday home/holiday/new car/everything, realize that it's impossible to have a favorite album, tell people every day that ten is not all they have done and the other 18 years are just as important, watch everything on youtube, smile and be happy that the best band ever have entered your life and you are now stuck with them until the day you depart this earth, after not picking a favorite album work out that VS is their best album :lol::lol::lol::mrgreen:
    Haha well thank you! I don't plan on purchasing vinyl or posters, as I'm not much of a memorabilia collector. Doesn't mean I won't be spending my "shoes and bags money" on PJ attire!

PJ has definitely made their way into my top 3 favorite bands of all time. Sorry, Metallica will always be #1 on my list. Perhaps they need to tour together :o:lol:
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Welcome!...be sure to check out Next Tuesdays Fan Club sale
    Awesome, will do! Thanks! And ummmm that pic.....I have to go change my pants.
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

Less like the rehab center, more like the crack house :lol: At least in my opinion :D
  • Options
    LiLiNY81 wrote:

Less like the rehab center, more like the crack house :lol: At least in my opinion :D
    Ah yes, nicely put :lol:
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    :wave: welcome
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    Welcome, nice to see another girl fan that is totally into them. :)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    tater926tater926 Posts: 263
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    Haha well thank you! I don't plan on purchasing vinyl or posters, as I'm not much of a memorabilia collector. Doesn't mean I won't be spending my "shoes and bags money" on PJ attire!

PJ has definitely made their way into my top 3 favorite bands of all time. Sorry, Metallica will always be #1 on my list. Perhaps they need to tour together :o:lol:

Welcome!!!
    I also wasn't interested in memorabilia to begin with, but i caught the bug with posters and vinyl. It took me 16 years to catch it, but now there's no hope. STAY AWAY FROM VINYL
    United Center-Jun 29 1998 Alpine Valley-Oct 8 2000
    Assembly Hall-Apr 23 2003 Alpine Valley-Jun 21 2003
    Grant Park-Aug 5 2007 United Center-Aug 23 2009
    United Center-Aug 24 2009 Alpine Valley-Sep 3 2011
    Alpine Valley-Sep 4 2011 Wrigley Field-Jul 19 2013