PEARL JAM TO PERFORM AT DELUNA FEST 2012

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,467
    SOME will be broadcast.

http://www.sirius.com/pearljamradio
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Have fun tomorrow, DeLuna attending folks! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Crossed paths with Jeff ament at Flounders drinking a margrita....No one recognized him. I told bartender and he creepily went back into CPU over his food order. Can't wait for shows...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    have fun people!!!enjoy the best band ever...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Is there a live stream for this anywhere?
    Maybe "some" on Sirius?

I was listening to sirius today and there was commercial stating a live feed will be
    available for prescribers starting 8pm Friday. According to info, it was said both Pearl
    Jam and Foo Fighters will be a live feed. :D Hope this is the case come 8pm when I crack
    open some beers and turn on the radio.

Sounds like my plan also
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    something telling me...

Of The Earth....tonight...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    something telling me...

Just read it was sound checked. If they play it, I'm going to kick my own ass for not flying down :lol:

Enjoy the beach!!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    something telling me...

Just read it was sound checked. If they play it, I'm going to kick my own ass for not flying down :lol:

Enjoy the beach!!
    Deluna Sound Check...

Of the earth....Know your right ..Grievance. Just Breathe & Parachutes
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    something telling me...

Enjoy the beach!!
    Deluna Sound Check...

Of the earth....Know your right ..Grievance. Just Breathe & Parachutes

Good stuff! Have fun Deluna peeps :) . See some of you in Atl tomorrow :D
  • Options
  • Options
    JO66982JO66982 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 43
    Totally bummed, my flights got hosed up from Chicago and not making down to Deluna today (or at all at this point). The best they could do is Saturday afternoon/evening...crazy. So, I've got (2) 3-day passes available on Stub Hub for $120 each if anyone is considering going, but doesn't have tickets. Just trying to recoup some of my losses at this point (paid $160 + fees). Airline and hotel didn't ding me too bad, but Deluna Fest is sticking to their "no refund" policy.

https://www.stubhub.com/deluna-fest-tickets/2012-deluna-fest-saturday-only-pensacola-beach-pensacola-beach-9-22-2012-4044494/

Anyway, if someone's interested, their listed under the "Saturday Only" section as they don't have an option for 3-day passes anymore due to it already being the first day of the festival. They're there and ready for download. You can turn them in at the gate for your wristband. They can be bought as single tickets too.

Everyone down there enjoy the show! Killing me to miss it - have been looking forward to this for a long-long time!
  • Options
    JO66982 wrote:
    Totally bummed, my flights got hosed up from Chicago and not making down to Deluna today (or at all at this point). The best they could do is Saturday afternoon/evening...crazy. So, I've got (2) 3-day passes available on Stub Hub for $120 each if anyone is considering going, but doesn't have tickets. Just trying to recoup some of my losses at this point (paid $160 + fees). Airline and hotel didn't ding me too bad, but Deluna Fest is sticking to their "no refund" policy.

https://www.stubhub.com/deluna-fest-tickets/2012-deluna-fest-saturday-only-pensacola-beach-pensacola-beach-9-22-2012-4044494/

Anyway, if someone's interested, their listed under the "Saturday Only" section as they don't have an option for 3-day passes anymore due to it already being the first day of the festival. They're there and ready for download. You can turn them in at the gate for your wristband. They can be bought as single tickets too.

Everyone down there enjoy the show! Killing me to miss it - have been looking forward to this for a long-long time!

sorry for that..hope better luck next time
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    What a bad news for You! Sounds really bad!
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    vip tic bag..

glasshi.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    vip tic bag..

glasshi.jpg

I want this soooo bad!
  • Options
    vip tic bag..

glasshi.jpg

I want this soooo bad!
    tell me about it.. ;)
  • Options
  • Options
    ^^^^ nice thanks for that!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,467
  • Options
    are they on yet?
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Nearly time! :D
  • Options
    Katyz wrote:
    Nearly time! :D
    45 minutes
  • Options
    How was it??? Nevermind, I know it was great... :D
    Setlist?
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Elsiein2it wrote:
    How was it??? Nevermind, I know it was great... :D
    Setlist?

Set List
    01. Oceans
    02. Interstellar Overdrive-(Barrett, Mason, Waters, Wright)
    03. Corduroy
    04. Got Some
    05. Once
    Ed wonders when Pensacola got so beautiful. He mentions asking a local person how they were doing and getting the response, "I live and work 20 yards from the Gulf. I am doing great!" He says "we haven't been here since 1994 so thanks for welcoming us back."
    06. Given To Fly
    "It isn't often that we get to play next to the ocean…" Ed then spots some people on a boat close to shore and waves to them.
    07. Amongst The Waves
    Ed reminds the audience that Florida is one of the states that has a new voter ID law and urges them to make sure they have a photo ID and not to lose it if they get naked and go swimming after the show. He also asks them to check with older family members and make sure they have a photo ID because social security cards, library cards and student ID's won't work but gun registration cards will. This gets a cheer from the crowd. He goes on to say "No matter who you are going to vote get out there and vote."
    08. Grievance
    09. Even Flow
    (Ed says he thought he knew Mike McCready but Mike just informed him that Mike was born in Pensacola. Ed goes on to talk about meeting some people from "Wounded Warriors". He says that he had heard an overwhelming statistic about what the troops are going through. He implores the audience to do anything they can to help out. By educating themselves, donating or visiting the website and helping people in the military who are suffering.)
    10. World Wide Suicide
    11. The Fixer
    12. Daughter/It's OK-(Cole) (Ed asks the audience to sing for him and sing loudly because he can't hear that great after 20 years of playing)
    13. Of The Earth
    14. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Ed talks about losing someone close to you and how painful it is. He explains that this song is for his friend John (Johnny Ramone).
    15. Parachutes
    16. Unthought Known
    17. Do The Evolution
    18. Porch

Encore Break 1
    (Ed thanks the people that created the festival and the bands that played. He tells the audience that the night isn't over yet and Stone starts the intro to Black but stops after a few bars when he makes a mistake. Ed jokingly says, "I guess it is over, thank you good night…Stone then starts the song again)
    19. Black
    20. Comatose
    21. Why Go
    22. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 2
    (Ed introduces the band, referring to Matt has the hardest worker no matter what he is doing and Jeff as a best friend a real bad ass. He talks about bands like Ben Folds Five and Guided By Voices that have gotten back together and continue to make great music and says that they (the audience) are the biggest reason that Pearl Jam has managed to stay together and keep playing for the last 20 years. The audience corrects him by pointing out it has been 21 years. He tells them they can join the band on vocals tonight)
    23. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
    (Ed talks about asking Robert Pollard of Guided By Voices if he would like to play a song with them. Robert said he was going to stay for the show but that he would be too 'fucked up' to play. Ed admired his friends honesty. He goes on to say this next song reminds me of Robert and another friend back home named Lukin.)
    24. Lukin
    25. Alive (during 'Alive' Ed climbs the up a short distance on some scaffolding on Mike McCready's side. This gets a huge cheer from the crowd.)
    26. Baba O'Riley-(Townshend)
    27. Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    I got a great video of Ed playing State of Love and Trust with Gaslight. Check this out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T573XmkswX8&sns=em
    Come check out my PJ Tribute site :) www.ComeToThePorch.net If you're reading this, you'll love it. You can also find me on Twitter @ComeToThePorch.
  • Options
    And now the afterparty!? ;)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.
  • Options
    Some thoughts on de Luna. Well it was a great set in an awesome location. But as an avid festival goer, (two to four per year) I must say that de Luna ranks at the bottom of my list. Bought VIP tix and the only thing you really get for it is Front stage viewing area. Right before pj went onstage the venue sent in the sherrif's office goon squad to clear the VIP area out for 10 club VIP's. Now don't get me wrong, I am a pj 10 club member myself. But there was no area sectioned off for 10 club area like at Alpine Valley. Just a VIP area. I met a very nice mom with her 13 yo. daughter, who sang with Eddie in Nashville. It was really sad to see her in tears, listening to officer friendly tell her mom to "either move or have her VIP wristband ripped of her wrist. Hope pj never does de Luna again. Oh, and officer friendly, its supposed to be protect and serve, NOT Harass and intimidate. Rot in hell officer friendly.
  • Options
    I've come into a lot of people mad at the VIP issues, I can only try and relate and sympathize... so sorry!
    BUT...
    My wife and I were on to "norma'l" attendance and we've managed to pass thru the whole experience without a shred of bad feeling excetp for the long line to take the trolley back to Downtown friday night.

The venue, the people, the comfort (I've been to 10 PJ gigs and, even being "no VIP" this was easily the closest fo the stage I got, no worries and no difficulties AT ALL), the sand, the ocean (in which we managed to wet our feet from time to time)... everything was TOP for us.

I would gladly make the trip all the way from overseas every year to repeat the experience...
    It was probably the easiest PJ atmosphere I've ever been too, maybe just alongside the tailgating at PJ20.

So, all in all, I'd like to point out that, even being sorry for the VIP affectec people, it was cheap, incredible and fulfilling for the rest of us, or at least to the hundreds, maybe thousands of smily fans around us.
    It was a fenomenal party for sure! =)
    just because you breathe it doesn't mean you're alive...
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I have to agree. It really sucks for the VIP people, but I was on the other side right next to the front gate. All night I was waiting for the surge of people that occurs at most shows where people want to get one or two steps closer to the band.

It didn't happen this night. Everyone respected everyone else's space. People even yelled at other people that tried to come up for PJ. They would yell at them until the person left. That was pretty funny.

I think it was a great time and personally think VIP sections are ruining a lot of shows that I go to. Luckily for this one, the normal priced tickets could get just as close to the stage as the VIP people. As an added bonus, the normal people were on Mike's side. MIKE IS GOD!!!!

Here's a picture I took of Eddie Climbing the rafters.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... t=1&ref=nf
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2