Options

PEARL JAM TO PERFORM AT DELUNA FEST 2012

Comments

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,561
    friday night officially official (finally)

http://delunafest.com/node/50
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Can't wait!

Friday, September 21, 2012 – Pearl Jam, Dwight Yoakam, Ben Folds Five, Guided By Voices, DJ Jazzy Jeff, The Gaslight Anthem, City And Colour, Trampled By Turtles, Band Of Skulls, 12th Planet, Fishbone, Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk, Honey Island Swamp Band, AC Slater, Eric Lindell, Chris Thomas King, Brass-A-Holics, Astronautalis, Deadly Fists Of Kung-Fu, Pioneers! O Pioneers!

Saturday, September 22, 2012 – Foo Fighters, Band Of Horses, Jimmy Cliff, Diplo, The Joy Formidable, Joan Jett And The Blackhearts, Bad Brains, OFF!, Walker Hayes, Kermit Ruffins And The Barbecue Swingers, Mike Doughty, Paper Diamond, The Silos, Motopony, Anders Osborne, The Parlotones, Washboard Chaz w/ Tin Men, The Canvas Waiting, Lights Resolve, Antoine Knight, Kitt Lough, Paloma

Sunday, September 23, 2012– Zac Brown Band, Florence And The Machine, Fitz and the Tantrums, The Wallflowers, Superchunk, Bob Mould plays COPPER BLUE, The Wood Brothers, Redd Kross, Blackberry Smoke, The Corin Tucker Band, Rebirth Brass Band, Twothirtyeight, Bonerama, Ben Sollee, The Legendary JC’s, Mishka, Charmaine Neville, The Villains, Hip Kitty, DLP
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I wonder what song the guys from gaslight will come out to help with. Or which song Eddie will come out to do the same. :corn:
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Also announced today, a payment plan option for weekend passes:

http://www.delunafest.com/node/51

To me, this probably settles the question of whether they will offer single-day passes.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Watching this, looks like VIPs get a barrier for the front of the stage on the right side only and the left side is fair game for everyone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thIRcwpUN8g
  • Options
    Watching this, looks like VIPs get a barrier for the front of the stage on the right side only and the left side is fair game for everyone.

Great... nothing like paying three times as much for half a chance at standing in front of the rhythm guitar side. Love Stone but c'mon.
    Come check out my PJ Tribute site :) www.ComeToThePorch.net If you're reading this, you'll love it. You can also find me on Twitter @ComeToThePorch.
  • Options
    joannawilsonjoannawilson Posts: 341
    Well, I will not have a VIP pass. If anyone wants to have a middle-of-the-crowd party, let me know. Haha.
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931

Great... nothing like paying three times as much for half a chance at standing in front of the rhythm guitar side. Love Stone but c'mon.

Stone.Stone.StoneStoneSTONE!

;)
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    This past weekend my family and I were at Orange Beach (about 50 minutes west of Pensacola). My 4YO and I are goofing off in the pool by the beach and he points at a plane pulling an advertisement banner and says, "Daddy, what does that say?". I'm not wearing my glasses but at first glance it reads "Pearl Jam...". I'm thinking WTF, squint harder, and, sho' nuff, it's an ad for Deluna Fest. Hanging beachside w/ my child and seeing a reminder of a forthcoming PJ concert put a big smile on me face :mrgreen: :geek: . Now I just have to talk my wife into letting me go to the show ;) .....
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    So excited for September...First DeLuna, then Montana!! :mrgreen:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i thought i had a wedding to go to but that's not until the 23rd. woo dippity hoooo. i just might go now
  • Options
    Wishlist Pre Party in Pensacola!

wishlist_blue.gif

If you haven't signed up yet please shoot me an email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pjfan@ymail.com">pjfan@ymail.com</a><!-- e -->. RSVP not required but helps the planning.

The Highlights:

What: The Wishlist Pearl Jam Fan Pre Party!
    Where: Crabs We Got Em
    When: 1pm on Saturday September 22nd.
    Who: Everyone is invited! If you can email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pjfan@ymail.com">pjfan@ymail.com</a><!-- e --> with how many people it would be helpful but not required.
    Beneficiary: Pathway Caring for Children
    Donations: If you have some PJ merch you can add to the raffle please email me. Check out what we have already. Donations not required to attend.
    Poster: I'm looking for some help in getting a special poster drawn up for the pre party in the spirit of the band. If you're an artist and want to help out, please click here.

For full details please click here.

I can't wait to meet everyone!
    Come check out my PJ Tribute site :) www.ComeToThePorch.net If you're reading this, you'll love it. You can also find me on Twitter @ComeToThePorch.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Well, I will not have a VIP pass. If anyone wants to have a middle-of-the-crowd party, let me know. Haha.

Joanna, if I stay back, I'll hope to meet ya. After a certain age, I've mostly stopped trying to get hurt up front at any show. We'll see what mood strikes me that night -- I'll be in flip flops, not boots, and that makes all the difference.

I'm looking forward to meeting some fan clubbers in FL. I've been lurking on these boards for a long, long time as a guest and finally decided to fork out some gas money for the privileges of your company.

Christine
  • Options
    drmrkelleydrmrkelley Posts: 141

I hope there is room to get close to the stage for us lowly 99% who didn't want to buy VIP tickets. I'm going to wear an adult diaper and get a spot close to the stage and not move all freakin day.
    62698 E Troy, 81800 Indy, 42303 Champagne, 42503 Cleveland, 10204 Toledo, 10304 Grand Rapids, 91105 Kitchener, 51606 Chicago, 51706 Chicago, 62606 St. Paul, 8507 Chicago, 82109 Toronto, 82309 Chicago, 82409 Chicago, 5910 Cleveland, 9311 E Troy, 9411 E Troy, 91111 Toronto, 92112 Pensacola, 71913 Chicago, 101113 Pittsburgh, 101213 Buffalo UPCOMING: Cincy, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, St Paul, Milwaukee
  • Options
    Right on, Christine...see you there! I only wear regular shoes November - February, so definitely flip flops for me, too! ;)
  • Options
    Right on, Christine...see you there! I only wear regular shoes November - February, so definitely flip flops for me, too! ;)
  • Options
    isn't the main stage on the beach? they have to open with oceans
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    megatron wrote:

Yeah, I looked at the "preview" they sent out and it looks like the main stage is right on the beach. I really want to hear Oceans...it's the only song I haven't heard live from Ten. What better place to play it? :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    afroannnie wrote:
    megatron wrote:

Yeah, I looked at the "preview" they sent out and it looks like the main stage is right on the beach. I really want to hear Oceans...it's the only song I haven't heard live from Ten. What better place to play it? :D

When this show was announced that was my first thought. And same here...it will finish off Ten for me!
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    i was lucky enough to hear oceans at my first show in west palm.. and i'd love to see it again. maybe florida is a lucky charm
  • Options
    Oceans finishes Ten for me as well!! :D Vs. is already done. :corn:
  • Options
    Hoping to see everyone there!

wishlist_blue.gif

If you haven't signed up yet please shoot me an email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pjfan@ymail.com">pjfan@ymail.com</a><!-- e -->. RSVP not required but helps the planning.

The Highlights:

Who: Everyone is invited! If you can email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pjfan@ymail.com">pjfan@ymail.com</a><!-- e --> with how many people it would be helpful but not required.
    Donations: If you have some PJ merch you can add to the raffle please email me. Check out what we have already. Donations not required to attend.
    Poster: I'm looking for some help in getting a special poster drawn up for the pre party in the spirit of the band. If you're an artist and want to help out, please click here.

• Options
    Posted this in Lost Dogs, maybe it will get more "hits" here:
    Its looking like we arent going to be able to make this trip afterall. Im pretty disappointed, I was really looking forward to checking out this beach scene. Anyway, I have 1 electronic ticket that can be emailed, and my buddy has 1 hard ticket that can be sent via Fex Ex. I believe they cost $182 each after the fees initially, Deluna will charge $226 now that the price has gone up (after fees). Looking for an even $180 each now. There should be a few people on here that can vouch for me as far as sales/giveaways go. PM me if interested in one or both. Thanks!
  • Options

wishlist_blue.gif

The Highlights:

Why is the pre-party after PJ has already played?
    Walks on his own... With thoughts he can't help thinking...
  • Options

Wishlist After Party in Pensacola!

wishlist_blue.gif

The Highlights:

What: The Wishlist Pearl Jam Fan After Party!

Why is the pre-party after PJ has already played?

Good point, I need to change that. Wanted to do it before the show but the timing was not working for all the people where were signing up. Made more sense to do it the next day when most people were around. Plus there are some great acts before PJ like Gaslight Anthem.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320

wishlist_blue.gif

The Highlights:

Thanks again for putting this together! I keep meaning to send you a poster for the raffle, I'll get to it very soon.

As for the timing, I imagine most people won't be in Pensacola on Thursday night which is the most logical time for the "PRE" party. Also with all the acts on Friday, it makes sense to me to have it on Saturday midday for all those that are making the whole weekend of Deluna Fest and not going to Atlanta. Plus it will be awesome to get other's perspective about the show the night before I think. :D
  • Options

wishlist_blue.gif

The Highlights:

Thanks again for putting this together! I keep meaning to send you a poster for the raffle, I'll get to it very soon.

As for the timing, I imagine most people won't be in Pensacola on Thursday night which is the most logical time for the "PRE" party. Also with all the acts on Friday, it makes sense to me to have it on Saturday midday for all those that are making the whole weekend of Deluna Fest and not going to Atlanta. Plus it will be awesome to get other's perspective about the show the night before I think. :D
    I agree with these points. was just thinking "oh, cool, maybe I'll be able to make the party after all" as I arrive Friday mid-day.
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options

wishlist_blue.gif

The Highlights:

I agree with these points. was just thinking "oh, cool, maybe I'll be able to make the party after all" as I arrive Friday mid-day.

Thanks for the support guys. I'm also planning to head over to Flounders Chowder House right after PJ plays on Friday night if anyone (everyone) wants to meet up for a drink.
  • Options
    Is there any chance the main stage goes Gaslight>Ben Folds Five>PJ?
  • Options
    cgm93cgm93 Posts: 32
    Just scored VIP tickets today! Very stoked. Just hoping that its not Dwight Yokam before PJ!