**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    "PJ clause" will be written into my pre-nup agreement.

Basically it will state:

The 2-Hour rule: If Pearl Jam is playing within a 2 hour driving/train distance from my house I will attend that show.

The Poster rule: I will buy a poster for every show I attend. I will also display these posters in the house, on the walls, framed. If we ever get divorced I keep the posters, you can have everything else.

I used to have the 2 Hour Rule but it evolved into the new 5 Hour Rule that I am very happy with.

The Poster Rule applied only to shows I attended. That has changed now as well, but I am happier for it regardless of that sucking sound coming fom my wallet from time to time.
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 600
    fanch75 wrote:
    When I was going through marital stuff, I did a lot of reading and one of the books I read was by Dr. Laura. In it, she states that if a wife allows her husband to see his friends for good fun (ie, not cheating, strip bars, etc) without consequences of jealousy, etc, at least once per month, it would reap tons of affection back at her. I agree. You sound like you have your shit together, so I think it's cool if you wanna go see a rock concert.

My wife is a saint. She is beautiful, and an amazing mother to our two children. I don't ask for much, but i do become totally obsessed with pearl Jam around tour time. She definitely does not get it yet with me and Pearl Jam and we've been together since '91. I'm not going to change. I'm always going to want to go to as many shows as I possibly can. I always feel like such a weasel at tour time because I can't be 100% an up front with her because I'll catch a bunch of shit. This band is what I do, it my thing, my passion outside of my family. I feel that it's totally harmless and that she should be happy I not some chronic golfer. Golf costs a fortune. I've done it maybe 3 times in my life. My thing is this band and the tours. The shows don't come around that often. I'm also not an asshole. I get the impression from her that a lot of her friend's husbands are assholes. It's easy for a guy to start to take more for himself the moment he feels threatened and restricted. It's OK to take as long as you give back. When you stop giving back you become an asshole.

Whew! sorry about that. Thanks for the kind words FANCH. I'm looking foreword to Philly and shooting the shit with you for more than 30 seconds. The last meetup was difficult for me because my friend from college wouldn't come down to meet everyone.
    I have gone to many PJ shows alone b/c I never knew anyone that was on the same insanity level as me fan wise that would go to multiple shows.
    In '03 I did both MSG's and DC by myself. My dad actually got into PJ (at 63 yrs of age) and ended up going to a Camden, Hershey and Holmdel with me, as well as Reading VFC and this past Oct or I would have been at those alone as well.

This is an awesome story and I totally identify with you here. This is why I enjoy this board so much...the group the checks back to this thread in particular.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
    And I'd also just like to say that Air Supply and Super Tramp rule.
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    someone on the board is in nambla?

*I can meet new friends on the internet. Here's a chat room, Men Who Like Young Boys. That's perfect. Hi everybody! I am a young boy seeking an older male for good times. I am eight years old.... Wow, look at all these guys that want to be my friends. I'll pick Tony 316. Hi Tony.
    Tony 316 : So what R U into?
    *Oh, you know, the usual stuff. Smiley face. :)
    Tony 316 : Kewl. Wanna get together?
    *Sure Tony, that would be kewl. Winking smiley face. ;)
    Tony 316 : Meet me at Mel's Buffet restuarant tomorrow morning.
    *Sounds good. See ya then. Clown hat < , curly hair @ , smiley face :) You see that cloudfrog, I'm gonna meet my first mature friend.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    thatgirl wrote:

*I can meet new friends on the internet. Here's a chat room, Men Who Like Young Boys. That's perfect. Hi everybody! I am a young boy seeking an older male for good times. I am eight years old.... Wow, look at all these guys that want to be my friends. I'll pick Tony 316. Hi Tony.
    *Sounds good. See ya then. Clown hat < , curly hair @ , smiley face :) You see that cloudfrog, I'm gonna meet my first mature friend.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You watch wayyy too much TV....

and are they any shows you can't make?? I mean you could transfer those tickets ;)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    And speaking of the 9/8/98 show...

I bought a single ticket for that show as well, I think it was like 10th row or something, which at that time only ran me $75 from a broker b/c TM was in it's infancy of fucking sucking an ass and that was my only recourse back then. Anyway, I was in West Chester at college for the first week of a new Fall semester and hit the road by myself for the approx 3 hour drive witrh traffic. I figured I could leave later to avoid some GW bridge traffic and just miss some of the opening act-

you fuckers are gonna love this-

The parking lot was full of cars, but there wasn't anyone out there. I walked up the stairs to the arena and got inside of the front doors. The concourse was empty with the exception of some ushers/ticket rippers. I still remember them looking at me very oddly. They asked sarcastically if I was a little late. I asked them what they were talking about. They said the band went on two hours ago. It turns out the opening act had to cancel sort of last minute for some reason and it wasn't announced on the radio as I drove in, and of course there was not the internet as we know it today, so I had no notice at all. Just then, and the dramataicism and irony here was impecable, the opening notes the Ledbetter started to play in the background behind that stupid curtain they were standing in front of.

I handed the guy my ticket in disbelief, then before he could rip it I just asked for it back, turned around and walked back to me car. That was the most disappointing and heartbreaking drive I have ever had to make still to this day. I still have that unripped ticket. So as to not feel like I was at a total loss, and being young and still relatively naive, I called the ticket agent and dropped some F bombs on him just to make myself feel better as if he had any control over it.

That is why the asterisk appears above that show in my signature. I don't count it as attended, but I never forget it.

OK, that's my Yield tour sob story.
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    LOL..thats it...fucker, NAMBLA, my ass!!

I currently have one extra 10C ticket to the following shows:

Albany
    Hartford
    Camden 1
    Camden 2
    E. Rutherford 1

Anyone interested..let me know!! :D
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    thatgirl wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You never cease to amaze me. Nice Work. :)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Bubba wrote:

Albany
    Hartford
    Camden 1
    Camden 2
    E. Rutherford 1

Anyone interested..let me know!!
    There she is! :D

I bought a single ticket for that show as well, I think it was like 10th row or something, which at that time only ran me $75 from a broker b/c TM was in it's infancy of fucking sucking an ass and that was my only recourse back then. Anyway, I was in West Chester at college for the first week of a new Fall semester and hit the road by myself for the approx 3 hour drive witrh traffic. I figured I could leave later to avoid some GW bridge traffic and just miss some of the opening act-

The parking lot was full of cars, but there wasn't anyone out there. I walked up the stairs to the arena and got inside of the front doors. The concourse was empty with the exception of some ushers/ticket rippers. I still remember them looking at me very oddly. They asked sarcastically if I was a little late. I asked them what they were talking about. They said the band went on two hours ago. It turns out the opening act had to cancel sort of last minute for some reason and it wasn't announced on the radio as I drove in, and of course there was not the internet as we know it today, so I had no notice at all. Just then, and the dramataicism and irony here was impecable, the opening notes the Ledbetter started to play in the background behind that stupid curtain they were standing in front of.

I handed the guy my ticket in disbelief, then before he could rip it I just asked for it back, turned around and walked back to me car. That was the most disappointing and heartbreaking drive I have ever had to make still to this day. I still have that unripped ticket. So as to not feel like I was at a total loss, and being young and still relatively naive, I called the ticket agent and dropped some F bombs on him just to make myself feel better as if he had any control over it.

That is why the asterisk appears above that show in my signature. I don't count it as attended, but I never forget it.

Damn! That was some story. I feel horrible for you and it's eight years later! Wow...that was just bad. I'm sorry.

I'm picturing you in your car by yourself on the drive up all excited for the show and ***POOF***

nothing.

unbelievable.
    There she is! :D

*note to self - beat Sean's ass next time you see him*

You dumbass! How is it that everyone else with tickets managed to realize they were on stage two hours early, yet you, and only you apparently didnt figure it out?! Pathetic!!

:D
    And I'd also just like to say that Air Supply and Super Tramp rule.

And you call me "she" you freakin' Nancy!

:D
    There are way to many of these :D on this page.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I Have Big Bunny!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    i heard bubba was in the super adventure club
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    Ok, on the last page rather.
    Bubba wrote:

Albany
    Hartford
    Camden 1
    Camden 2
    E. Rutherford 1

I was going to send you money for that decal but I don't want my funds going to you to renew your NAMBLA membership :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Bubba wrote:

Albany
    Hartford
    Camden 1
    Camden 2
    E. Rutherford 1

I really enjoyed shopping for PJ posters online today with your CC, tanks!
    chromiam wrote:
    I was going to send you money for that decal but I don't want my funds going to you to renew your NAMBLA membership :D
    Yeah, and he told me it's due this week or he loses his low member # that gives him first pick at the new crop of youngins each month :D
    thatgirl wrote:
    i heard bubba was in the super adventure club

WTF is the "super adventure club"?? I know what the "Super Terrific Happy Hour" is.
    Jesus Christ enough already, some of us are trying to work and cant keep up with all this freakin' posting!
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Bubba wrote:
    WTF is the "super adventure club"?? I know what the "Super Terrific Happy Hour" is.

You don't want to know what the Super Adventure Club is ... lol
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Somebody didn't watch South Park last night.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    bingo!
    the cowboy nails it on the head!
    Flagg wrote:

I haven't watched South Park in years.
    Here is my email response from the flag company. Red should be easy to spot from a distance. I thought a Black,Red,Yellow flag was appropriate. A lot of the correspondence has been cut out but you get the general idea.

In a message dated 3/23/2006 11:10:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    writes:

I have attached a file of the image I'd like on the custom flag. The dimensions of the
    flag are listed below. I would like the image size to be 1'-6" in the
    vertical and 1'-6" in the horizontal from tip to tip of the respective
    overlapped surf board image. Are you able to clean this image up to produce
    lines that are crisp? The outline of the boards and the "Pearl Jam"
    lettering would be in black as shown. I would like the areas within the surfboard
    image to be colored yellow, and have it set on a red flag. Is that
    possible?

Please quote the following custom flag

...appliqued nylon $90...we are able to use this art

Brian

Humphrys Flag Co
    238 Arch Street
    Philadelphia PA 19106
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Bubba wrote:
    I haven't watched South Park in years.

I haven't much either. I just happened to catch it last night.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Here is my email response from the flag company. Red should be easy to spot from a distance. I thought a Black,Red,Yellow flag was appropriate. A lot of the correspondence has been cut out but you get the general idea.

writes:

I have attached a file of the image I'd like on the custom flag. The dimensions of the
    lettering would be in black as shown. I would like the areas within the surfboard
    possible?

Brian

Humphrys Flag Co
    238 Arch Street
    Philadelphia PA 19106

The black & white stickman flag is on EBay, atleast it was last night. Looked pretty sweet!

writes:

possible?

Brian

Humphrys Flag Co
    238 Arch Street
    Philadelphia PA 19106

Sounds nice... let me know if you need anything.

Admin