**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    Solat13 wrote:
    Will we have to drink tequila and coronas all night? And will you be wearing a sombrero? What about our pinata?
    oh yea! its cinco de mayo! fuck yea!! (but no on the tequilla, had ANOTHER bad exp with it on tues night....)
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    vedderwood wrote:
    Mike are you giving in on 5/31????????????????????

I think I may be...
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 600
    chromiam wrote:
    Damn I'm tired, and realized how fucking uncomfortable it is taking a bath for the first time in like, who knows how long. Especially when the rest of the bathroom looks like a leftover prop from The Moneypit. Ahh but it will all be finished soon enough and I can relax in my nice whirlpool tub :D

Whirlpool! Now that is clean living. The only whirlpool action I get in my tub is when I open the drain.

If the 31st happens, the ticket is your's. Like PhillyPJ said, it is the smart move. If you change your mind later about the show don't worry. I'll be in the same boat as you with Washington, except I'll be driving back home right after the show. I probably won't see my pillow until 2:30AM if I'm lucky and I'll have to be up by 5:30AM for work on Wednesday. I'll be ready to do it again though by the end of the day. :) 6/01 will be my night off. Missing that show will just help to get me even more pumped up for the 3rd. :D
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Thursday mornin' thoughts (in classic PhillyPJ-format):

- I've noticed many meetup threads for other cities that are shamelessly emulating this one. That's cool.

- "Bipolar Dave" wants to add me as a friend on myspace. I'll pass

- I am going to see OASIS on Saturday with my friend Mike (aka, "Makul") and his fine white woman. For those of you who know, this is the "da white rice, wit da meat on it" dude.

- My boss is on vacation starting today through Wednesday. Nice.

- Chrom should invite pretty babies over to his new whirlpool, because he's money, and pretty babies just wanna party.

- Tonight is Sweet 16 basketball, which probably means I'll be hung over tomorrow. Well, my boss is out, so I'll definitely be.

- So, yeah.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    chromiam wrote:
    I think I may be...

Really????? Meaning, you're going to buy tix on Saturday or do you have a different plan?
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    fanch75 wrote:
    Thursday mornin' thoughts (in classic PhillyPJ-format):

- I've noticed many meetup threads for other cities that are shamelessly emulating this one. That's cool.

- "Bipolar Dave" wants to add me as a friend on myspace. I'll pass

- I am going to see OASIS on Saturday with my friend Mike (aka, "Makul") and his fine white woman. For those of you who know, this is the "da white rice, wit da meat on it" dude.

- My boss is on vacation starting today through Wednesday. Nice.

- Chrom should invite pretty babies over to his new whirlpool, because he's money, and pretty babies just wanna party.

- Tonight is Sweet 16 basketball, which probably means I'll be hung over tomorrow. Well, my boss is out, so I'll definitely be.

- So, yeah.
    awww yeeeea
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    vedderwood wrote:
    Really????? Meaning, you're going to buy tix on Saturday or do you have a different plan?

Well seems like I have the right to refuse More Coffee's extra ticket for 5/31 and don't think I could refuse it.. I mean its only like a 4 hour drive from DC :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    chromiam wrote:
    Well seems like I have the right to refuse More Coffee's extra ticket for 5/31 and don't think I could refuse it.. I mean its only like a 4 hour drive from DC :D

You definitely cant pass that up!! If I could go to DC and NJ I would definitely do it!!

Mike - send me your address again!!
    Bubba wrote:
    You definitely cant pass that up!! If I could go to DC and NJ I would definitely do it!!

Mike - send me your address again!!

Yeah I don't think I can.. I'll be aching but I can recover on Sunday after the hectic week is all over. Plus I'm taking off Wed from work anyway so don't have to change any plans.

Check PM.. and hopefully TG doesn't get sad again ;)

Admin

• BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    I think TG will be ok. :)

Yeah Im kickin myself for not getting DC tickets, maybe I'll try my luck this weekend with the public sale.
    The smart man installs a whirlpool tub in his bathroom and attends the first Pearl Jam show ever played within the halls of the concrete Springsteen shrine that is the Meadowlands. I don't care what they are calling it now. It's the Meadowlands.

This is the first Pearl Jam show ever at this venue isn't it?

Anyone?

Anyone?
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    The smart man installs a whirlpool tub in his bathroom and attends the first Pearl Jam show ever played within the halls of the concrete Springsteen shrine that is the Meadowlands. I don't care what they are calling it now. It's the Meadowlands.

This is the first Pearl Jam show ever at this venue isn't it?

Anyone?

Anyone?

1998-09-08 E. Rutherford New Jersey Continental Arena

Set 1
    Oceans, Hail Hail, Animal, Given To Fly/(Jersey Girl)/(Androgynous Mind), Daughter, Corduroy, MFC, Wishlist, Even Flow, Faithfull, State Of Love And Trust, Brain Of J., Nothingman, Leatherman, Better Man, Black, Do The Evolution

Encore 1
    Go, Immortality, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Rearviewmirror, Alive, Porch

Encore 2
    Yellow Ledbetter
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:

Set 1
    Oceans, Hail Hail, Animal, Given To Fly/(Jersey Girl)/(Androgynous Mind), Daughter, Corduroy, MFC, Wishlist, Even Flow, Faithfull, State Of Love And Trust, Brain Of J., Nothingman, Leatherman, Better Man, Black, Do The Evolution

Encore 1
    Go, Immortality, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Rearviewmirror, Alive, Porch

Encore 2
    Yellow Ledbetter

First one this millenium at least....

And it will always be the Meadowlands... with the ladder that they call steps up the 2nd level.

Admin

Solat13 wrote:

Set 1

Encore 1

Encore 2
    Yellow Ledbetter

How could I have missed that one? Thank you for setting me straight J. That changes everything now......yeah right. My stomache feels much better now that there is a WAWA Italian Shortie inside of it, and a bag of Munchos. mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm good!
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    How could I have missed that one? Thank you for setting me straight J. That changes everything now......yeah right. My stomache feels much better now that there is a WAWA Italian Shortie inside of it, and a bag of Munchos. mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm good!

All I know is that the end of that 1st encore must have been insane:
    RVM, Alive and Porch.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:
    All I know is that the end of that 1st encore must have been insane:
    RVM, Alive and Porch.

notes: After 'Daughter,' Eric brings out a ping pong paddle, placing it on Ed's amp and Jeff tosses a guitar pick and Ed hits it into the crowd ... in honor of Mark McGwire breaking the home run record (it happened while they were performing 'Daughter'). 'Wishlist' lyrics are modified to, "I wish I was as fortunate as New Jersey" and "I wish I was the verb to trust and never let me down." 'SoL&T' is introduced as "a song about being faithful." After 'Better Man': "This is the last song of the trilogy." When the band returns for the encore, hundreds of "BREATH" signs are held up by the crowd and the band laughs their asses off! Ed says, "That's pretty impressive, but it's not gonna do you a damn bit of good." Later (in reference to 'Elderly Woman'), he says, "This song has the word 'breath' in it if it helps at all." :) During 'Porch,' Ed walks along the side of the stage and drops down into the crowd. When they return for the second encore, Ed and Stone are talking and talking, as if they are deciding on a song, and Mike begins 'Yellow Ledbetter,' pretty much making the decision.

The Breath campaign. I think that I still have one of those signs. I don't remember what year I got it though, '98 or 2000. I'm losing my memory along with my hair...

Three nights later in NYC:

"You fucking cocksuckers. [shakes head] You fucking bitch! You know, we come up here as a collective band and we give and we give and you just fucking want more ... and you know what? You deserve it. This is like some kind of organized religion here; I've never seen anything like it. Do you see what's happening? ... the third night in a row, right? [applause] Well, fuck you. We're gonna play it!"

Damn, that is awesome. That must have been great. That is exactly what you and I don't want to miss Chromiam.
    Exactly... kinda wish I could hit all 3 Meadowlands shows but have to save myself for the west coast leg and maybe some midwest shows.

Hell 6 shows will be the most I hit in one tour ever and I hope to shatter that this year.. I mean I have the means and time to do it so why not do it right.

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    Hell 6 shows will be the most I hit in one tour ever and I hope to shatter that this year.. I mean I have the means and time to do it so why not do it right.

Young, single, successful, no kids. It's a rare window in your life that will never repeat itself, so make hay while the sun is shining!
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Ditto, and I am taking full advantage of that still at almost 32 :D
    chromiam wrote:
    Exactly... kinda wish I could hit all 3 Meadowlands shows but have to save myself for the west coast leg and maybe some midwest shows.

We're on the same page, 6 is the most for me too. That means that the June 3 closer will set our new show records.

My God....

It's all falling into place. I hope this show goes off. :D
    Ok, except I am still working on the successful part, but that's coming.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Young, single, successful, no kids. It's a rare window in your life that will never repeat itself, so make hay while the sun is shining!

My wife keeps trying to close my window. I threw a brick though it!
    My wife keeps trying to close my window. I threw a brick though it!

Yeah. My buddies' wives have really cut them off from the fun life lately. In teh last two years, I can see such a difference. "You need to grow up" etc etc, when we only got together really every 6 weeks or so. Wow, how self-indulgent of them.

They've basically received lifestyle vasectomies.

When I was going through marital stuff, I did a lot of reading and one of the books I read was by Dr. Laura. In it, she states that if a wife allows her husband to see his friends for good fun (ie, not cheating, strip bars, etc) without consequences of jealousy, etc, at least once per month, it would reap tons of affection back at her. I agree. You sound like you have your shit together, so I think it's cool if you wanna go see a rock concert.
    fanch75 wrote:

Yeah that's how I look at it... and still working on the successful part myself BA but its getting there.

I threw the brick out the window when the ex left... now I just use the door :D

Admin

MC- It sounds like you and I have the same "friends".

I ended up only listening to them a couple of times before I realized I was missing out on some things needlessly when they would consistenmtly after the fact say "we should have..."

I have gone to many PJ shows alone b/c I never knew anyone that was on the same insanity level as me fan wise that would go to multiple shows.
    In '03 I did both MSG's and DC by myself. My dad actually got into PJ (at 63 yrs of age) and ended up going to a Camden, Hershey and Holmdel with me, as well as Reading VFC and this past Oct or I would have been at those alone as well.

He will still be hitting some shows with me this tour, but it's also cool now to have this "Philly" base of people to split tix and hang with now as well.
    chromiam wrote:
    Yeah that's how I look at it... and still working on the successful part myself bubba but its getting there.
    You aren't confusing me with that boy scout licker are ya? :D
    You aren't confusing me with that boy scout licker are ya? :D

My bad.. I saw a B and just figured it was him... what can I say I'm trying to work here too :D I'll make sure to change it.

Fanch- I know that feeling all too well... hardly hung out with my friends and had to hear about how our plans were always at the last minute... plus seemed like I was always at this relatives house for something or other.. Love my lifestyle now... kick back relax and come and go with a moments notice.

Admin

No prob, I just didn't want the line getting blurred between me and the charter NAMBLA member of the Porch is all.
    No prob, I just didn't want the line getting blurred between me and the charter NAMBLA member of the Porch is all.

He's that bad huh??? I don't even think I want to hear any stories....

And I usually got stuck going to shows myself too.. the few times the ex did go there was no tailgating which sucked. I mean its always nice to hang out with people who share something in common and just bs and throw back a few beers. Really have enjoyed getting to know and meet everyone here and hopefully more this summer. A great group of people.

Admin

I just can't wait until he has a chance to check back here later to read this.