**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Flagg wrote:
    So, you recommend taking a cab? I was renting a car but I didn't want to pay the hotel $25 to park it.

I'd say its probably a good bet, unless the weather is nice. I mean its not a bad walk just might be further than you want to walk.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    Look what I found on page 8.... :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    I was looking for it and thought it got deleted...
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    am i the only one who didnt care for unemployable?
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Bednarz42Bednarz42 Posts: 223
    thatgirl wrote:

you finally listend to it...its ok...def a step in a different direction...
    Albany '03
    Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Philly '05
    Irving Plaza '06
    Albany '06
    Hartford '06
    Camden 1 '06
    East Rutherford 1 '06
    East Rutherford 2 '06
    MSG 1 '08
    MSG 2 '08
    Philly 4 '09
    MSG 1 '10
    MSG 2 '10
    Alpine 1 '11
    Alpine 2 '11
    Made in America '12
    Worcester 2 '13
    Brooklyn 1 '13
    Brooklyn 2 '13
    Philly 2 '13
    Philly 2 '16
    Boston 1 '16
    Bednarz42 wrote:

Yeah my thoughts too.. like to hear how it fits into the total album

Admin

chromiam wrote:

Yea i guess we'll have to wait...are you ordering the album early...im just worried it wont be here on may 2nd...
    Albany '03
    Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Philly '05
    Irving Plaza '06
    Albany '06
    Hartford '06
    Camden 1 '06
    East Rutherford 1 '06
    East Rutherford 2 '06
    MSG 1 '08
    MSG 2 '08
    Philly 4 '09
    MSG 1 '10
    MSG 2 '10
    Alpine 1 '11
    Alpine 2 '11
    Made in America '12
    Worcester 2 '13
    Brooklyn 1 '13
    Brooklyn 2 '13
    Philly 2 '13
    Philly 2 '16
    Boston 1 '16
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    thatgirl wrote:

No....but I will say the more Ive been listening to it the more its growing on me. I'm still a big WWS fan though!

I dunno, for some reason Unemployable reminds of the direction Van Halen went when Hagar joined them, with the way the guitar sounds and all. But then I can hear some Springsteen-ish stuff in there as well.
    Bednarz42 wrote:
    Yea i guess we'll have to wait...are you ordering the album early...im just worried it wont be here on may 2nd...

I ordered it through 10 Club, basically just to get the extras. If its not here by the release date I'll pick it up at Tower at midnight anway! :)
    Bubba wrote:
    I ordered it through 10 Club, basically just to get the extras. If its not here by the release date I'll pick it up at Tower at midnight anway! :)

Yea i'll prolly just order it for the extras as well
    Albany '03
    Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Philly '05
    Irving Plaza '06
    Albany '06
    Hartford '06
    Camden 1 '06
    East Rutherford 1 '06
    East Rutherford 2 '06
    MSG 1 '08
    MSG 2 '08
    Philly 4 '09
    MSG 1 '10
    MSG 2 '10
    Alpine 1 '11
    Alpine 2 '11
    Made in America '12
    Worcester 2 '13
    Brooklyn 1 '13
    Brooklyn 2 '13
    Philly 2 '13
    Philly 2 '16
    Boston 1 '16
    Bednarz42 wrote:
    ya bought it last night
    i listened to it a bunch but just couldnt get into it, kinda lost my interest
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    i thought it was okay. i listened to it 4 times, I think. Anyway, it certainly was a let down from WWS.

It's like you think this chick is gonna be all hot, but instead she's a fat Poison fan with five kids. That's Unemployable at this point.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    fanch75 wrote:
    i thought it was okay. i listened to it 4 times, I think. Anyway, it certainly was a let down from WWS.

It's like you think this chick is gonna be all hot, but instead she's a fat Poison fan with five kids. That's Unemployable at this point.

that is way harsh, fanchy.
    take your money and your drugs.
    fanch75 wrote:

LMAO......nice one Fanch!
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 600
    chromiam wrote:

You caved! Where the Hell is the self restraint people? You're not going to have any album left come May 2nd.

As a kid, when I bought a pack of gum I couldn't help but chew the whole pack at once. Yeah Gum! I'd have five peices of Hubba Bubba, Bubble Yum, Sugar Loaf (who remembers that? No one I'm sure), and I'd chew like crazy. I'd chew all of the flavor out fast and then spit out the wad. My gum experience was over with none left to chew. I'd have to wait and save my money for another pack and I'd be bummed out.

I'm saving up the music for the 2nd. I want it all fresh for the tour. It's been a long wait and I'm choosing to hold out for these next 7 weeks. The only song I've heard is WWS and I haven't listened to it since last Wednesday. I'll read all of your reviews but I'm not going out of my way to listen to anything more until May. I'll still be the master of my domain while you all sleep peacefully. :D
    fanch75 wrote:

Damn FANCH you too!!!???

[size=-2]I'm all alone here[/size]
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
    Sorry had to listen to it.. hell I would have heard it today since I have the radio on. But happy I did hear it, not as rocking as WWS but a nice b-side to that song. Like I said, can't wait to hear how it all fits together on the album

Admin

Admin

• Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Yeah, I'm already afraid all I'm gonna end up with on th 2nd is an Avacado and some sub-par PJ political tunes. Sorry, but everytime I hear new stuff, oh since about '00, I just haven't fallen in love with it the way I did prior to '98. PJ songs never had to "grow on me". Now I almost have to force feed myself just because it's Pearl Jam. When Ed said it was going to be some of their hardest stuff yet, half of me took that with a grain of salt. They are losing the benefit of the doubt with me more and more as far as new music. Where have all the epic tunes gone?
  • Nooch12Nooch12 Posts: 1
    i got tickets and you know i am in for the tailgate party.........can't fucking wait........this show is gonna kick ass just like every other show........probably even better.............congrats to all who scored tix and i will see you at the show
    Yeah, I'm already afraid all I'm gonna end up with on th 2nd is an Avacado and some sub-par PJ political tunes. Sorry, but everytime I hear new stuff, oh since about '00, I just haven't fallen in love with it the way I did prior to '98. PJ songs never had to "grow on me". Now I almost have to force feed myself just because it's Pearl Jam. When Ed said it was going to be some of their hardest stuff yet, half of me took that with a grain of salt. They are losing the benefit of the doubt with me more and more as far as new music. Where have all the epic tunes gone?

I don't know if I could see Pearl Jam doing a "hard" political album.. I mean don't see the two fitting together for this band. And I think this album will be a political statment.. hopefully the music can carry it.

Admin

• vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    thatgirl wrote:

OMG, I LOVE Unemployable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is my favorite song that we've heard so far of the ones that will be on the new CD!!!! I can't stop listening to it...I just love it, love it, love it!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
    vedderwood wrote:
    OMG, I LOVE Unemployable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is my favorite song that we've heard so far of the ones that will be on the new CD!!!! I can't stop listening to it...I just love it, love it, love it!!!!

So what you're saying is you kinda like it?
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    Bubba wrote:
    So what you're saying is you kinda like it?

Hahaha...yeah, just a little bit!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
    stpmattb wrote:
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
    :D

did you go somewhere or something?
    vedderwood wrote:

I don't think you do.. you're just still happy about getting that poster ;)

Admin

danielle maybe you heard a different version than the one we heard.....????
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I really like it too........I got your back Danielle. Forget all the haters ;)
    stpmattb wrote:
    I really like it too........I got your back Danielle. Forget all the haters ;)
    you obviously still have jet lag or something
    BLAH!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,457
    i listened to "unlistenable" once...........

thats probably the last time i listen to "unlistenable"

i want a cheesesteak............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....