**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    with fanch's criteria, South Street sounds like the best bet... easy to get to, low chance of shootings, good food, and plenty of room for everyone to hang out either inside or out.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    Ok so the plan is SOUTH STREET by 1am for post-game. and Rita's water ice is awesome. cherry/vanilla gelati is the shit.

oh by the way 10 club tickets for both TORONTO shows are still available now if anyone is interested....
    Abilenes gets my vote. Want to overtake the 2nd floor again??
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    the only thing about south street is that im sure its going to be NUTS there...they usually have shit goin on that weekend there and at penns landing...parking might be VERY difficult not to mention crowds of out of towners

actually the whole city will be NUTS...pj for 2 shows...pennslanding and im sure there will be a concert there, and whatever other events for that weekend
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    Abilenes gets my vote. Want to overtake the 2nd floor again??

NICE. I have good memories of that place.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Bednarz42Bednarz42 Posts: 223
    thatgirl wrote:
    the only thing about south street is that im sure its going to be NUTS there...they usually have shit goin on that weekend there and at penns landing...parking might be VERY difficult not to mention crowds of out of towners

actually the whole city will be NUTS...pj for 2 shows...pennslanding and im sure there will be a concert there, and whatever other events for that weekend

Are you getting both jersey shows tomorrow??
    Albany '03
    Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Philly '05
    Irving Plaza '06
    Albany '06
    Hartford '06
    Camden 1 '06
    East Rutherford 1 '06
    East Rutherford 2 '06
    MSG 1 '08
    MSG 2 '08
    Philly 4 '09
    MSG 1 '10
    MSG 2 '10
    Alpine 1 '11
    Alpine 2 '11
    Made in America '12
    Worcester 2 '13
    Brooklyn 1 '13
    Brooklyn 2 '13
    Philly 2 '13
    Philly 2 '16
    Boston 1 '16
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    chromiam wrote:
    Really??? I heard you can rent an RV for mem day weekend for like $1100 or something ;)

HA HA. yea dude. well both TORONTO shows are up there. maybe I can fly up see the 2 shows then fly back, I think its on a Monday and Tuesday.

nah, I need to hold off save money for the East Rutherford shows. I want to call them the JERSEY shows but really the Camden shows are Jersey shows also, even though they really are PHILLY shows b/c they are close to Philly, but they are in Jersey.

But anyway. yea good luck with the Jersey tix tomorrow. and why can't they just annouce both Camden shows now? I guess they will post more info later. a 2nd Boston show will be added also..
    Bednarz42 wrote:
    Are you getting both jersey shows tomorrow??
    solat is getting night 1 and im getting night 2
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    All I know is I got my tickets, what time do the Festivites start in the parking lot??
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
    True.. holiday weekends are always nuts... but there is really no where any better or closer
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Bednarz42Bednarz42 Posts: 223
    thatgirl wrote:
    solat is getting night 1 and im getting night 2

Sweet deal...im going after saturday first then thursday...
    Albany '03
    Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Philly '05
    Irving Plaza '06
    Albany '06
    Hartford '06
    Camden 1 '06
    East Rutherford 1 '06
    East Rutherford 2 '06
    MSG 1 '08
    MSG 2 '08
    Philly 4 '09
    MSG 1 '10
    MSG 2 '10
    Alpine 1 '11
    Alpine 2 '11
    Made in America '12
    Worcester 2 '13
    Brooklyn 1 '13
    Brooklyn 2 '13
    Philly 2 '13
    Philly 2 '16
    Boston 1 '16
    thatgirl wrote:

shit. good point. I keep forgetting its memorial day weekend. oh well hopefully most people are at the shore. I know they usually have a concert @ penn's landing memorial day Jam on the River or something? but they ends early I think, but south street will still be nuts.
    thatgirl wrote:
    in high school we used to buy the tubs of ritas and mix it w/vodka for a slammin slushie...that would be good to have on a hot 5/27 day

sweet!! Rita's vodka slushies.sounds like a plan. whoever buys the tub of RITAs will need to have a cooler so it doesn't all melt...
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    shit. good point. I keep forgetting its memorial day weekend. oh well hopefully most people are at the shore. I know they usually have a concert @ penn's landing memorial day Jam on the River or something? but they ends early I think, but south street will still be nuts.

sweet!! Rita's vodka slushies.sounds like a plan. whoever buys the tub of RITAs will need to have a cooler so it doesn't all melt...
    im trying to find info about jam on the river but it doesnt seem like there is anything yup yet...last years was sponored by my bff captain morgan
    julian, do your parents go to mcgillians on st pattys day to celebrate?
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    chromiam wrote:
    True.. holiday weekends are always nuts... but there is really no where any better or closer

YEA. I do remember in 2003 for the Tweeter Center PJ shows they were on 4th of July weekend. after the show my buddy and I drove over to South St and went to jim's steaks, the traffic kinda sucked big time, and it took forever to park but we made it. it might have been like 2am at that point. Jim's is open until 3am on Saturdays.
    I figure I will be bringing a tub (like for kegs) to store beer and other assorted beverages.. also I'll bring a couple of extra 50# bags of ice since I can take them from work on saturday morning... as for anything else we'll need to start planning sooner or later

Admin

thatgirl wrote:
    im trying to find info about jam on the river but it doesnt seem like there is anything yup yet...last years was sponored by my bff captain morgan

Here is the info on JAM ON THE RIVER. and it is sponsored by Captain Morgan again this year.......

it starts @1pm and ends @ 9pm so hopefully most of the crowds will have left. we might have to pre-party @ the Jam b/c they will have Captain Morgan specials... :)

http://www.pennslandingcorp.com/?pn=hm&eid=809
    chromiam wrote:
    I figure I will be bringing a tub (like for kegs) to store beer and other assorted beverages.. also I'll bring a couple of extra 50# bags of ice since I can take them from work on saturday morning... as for anything else we'll need to start planning sooner or later
    ithink kegs will be the best bet (keg stands), no cans and bottles everywhere, plus its cheap and can easily hydrate large #'s of people (us)...but like i said before they would be best in some kind of SUV/truck/minivan...i dont think a keg will fit int he civic

plan b: post-party in the parking lot!!!!!!
    you know soft pretzels will be the best things afterwards when everyone is hungry and wasted
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    Here is the info on JAM ON THE RIVER. and it is sponsored by Captain Morgan again this year.......

it starts @1pm and ends @ 9pm so hopefully most of the crowds will have left. we might have to pre-party @ the Jam b/c they will have Captain Morgan specials... :)

http://www.pennslandingcorp.com/?pn=hm&eid=809
    OMG i just had the BEST IDEA EVER!!!

pre-game around 12ish at FAT TUESDAYS octane 190's!!!!! wooooooo

ps-who is going to NJ night 2? i think i need a buddy for that night
    Problem with kegs in the parking lot is alot of people huddled around one spot, plus paying for the kegs. I would say BYOB would be best idea and if anyone brings a keg or two for people to chip in for then at least there is some backup when that runs out.
    Just MHO... that said if the demand is great enough I would consider bringing a keg or two if I have the room (still debating about renting a car or not) but don't have a tap so...

Admin

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I want to direct everyone's attention to the best post in the history of the Internet.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2878052
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • So how many people are going to be at this convention? I will be getting in the lot as early as possible. The one thing that sucks about this place is parking. You can purchase vip passes from the arena/city. This will put you in the lot out front across the main drag,
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
    chromiam wrote:
    Problem with kegs in the parking lot is alot of people huddled around one spot, plus paying for the kegs. I would say BYOB would be best idea and if anyone brings a keg or two for people to chip in for then at least there is some backup when that runs out.
    Just MHO... that said if the demand is great enough I would consider bringing a keg or two if I have the room (still debating about renting a car or not) but don't have a tap so...

Chrom- I am in favor of BYO booze. most people have different tastes. some people like Miller Lite, some people prefer YEUNGLING or Natty Light. or Captain Morgans....or Grey Goose. or Olde English 800, Crazy Horse.

so leave it at BYO. If you buy a full KEG it will probably be 1/2 Full by the time the concert starts, then you will have skunk beer. wasted...
    thatgirl wrote:
    OMG i just had the BEST IDEA EVER!!!

pre-game around 12ish at FAT TUESDAYS octane 190's!!!!! wooooooo

ps-who is going to NJ night 2? i think i need a buddy for that night

if we start off @ FAT TUESDAYS around 12 noon we will need to take the FERRY across to Camden cuz we will all be sloppy drunk :)

not a bad idea though.

I am going to Jerzee Night 2. hopefully if I can get tix on Monday I WILL have an xtra 10c tix to the highest bidder. just kiddin....
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 600
    When the second show is added for Camden it will be on the same day the first show goes on sale and probably 5-10 minutes after the sale begins. This is how it has been done in the past. I'm trying to figure out how they plan to offer the opportunity to purchase tickets to this show. I read somewhere that in '03 members who purchased tickets for MSG were given the opportunity to trade their MSG tickets in for Holmdel instead. If you recall, Holmdel was not sold through the fan club. None of the add on dates (ie Hershey, etc.) were. Has anyone else heard this? Does anyone think that this is how they plan to address the second shows for Boston and Philly? I hope that it is.

When is the public sale? Is it on the 18th? What is your favorite junk cereal? Mine is Fruity Pebbles. Those fucking cave men know how to make a good tasting breakfast.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • ThatGirl.... I guess I'll start up an official JERSEY thread... after I get tix tommorow.

I hope.... and plan.... to be the organizer of a nice little shindig before both shows...

YAY

NJ IS ALL ME !!!

lets now hope i get tix tommorow, hah!
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • chromiam wrote:
    Problem with kegs........... but don't have a tap so...

You bring the KEG.... I'll Bring the Tap !!!

jack one... or TWO, from my frat house, hah
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
    When the second show is added for Camden it will be on the same day the first show goes on sale and probably 5-10 minutes after the sale begins. This is how it has been done in the past. I'm trying to figure out how they plan to offer the opportunity to purchase tickets to this show. I read somewhere that in '03 members who purchased tickets for MSG were given the opportunity to trade their MSG tickets in for Holmdel instead. If you recall, Holmdel was not sold through the fan club. None of the add on dates (ie Hershey, etc.) were. Has anyone else heard this? Does anyone think that this is how they plan to address the second shows for Boston and Philly? I hope that it is.

When is the public sale? Is it on the 18th? What is your favorite junk cereal? Mine is Fruity Pebbles. Those fucking cave men know how to make a good tasting breakfast.

DUDE. Fruity Pebbles fucking rock.

not sure when the Camden public on-sale date is, but I agree, the 2nd show will probably be added on that date and the 10c will probably make an announcement on how to "reserve" tix if they are going to offer them.

The Holmdel, NJ show you are talking about was added show, but the only reason 10c tix were offered is cuz MSG shows were oversold to 10 club members and as a way to offer those who didn't get tix they offered fan club seats.

Hershey and Boston 3 in 2003 did not have *any* fan club tickets. and this is correct so I don't need anyone questioning my AUTHORITAY!!!! :)