**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    The green tent is in full effect for Philly/Camden.. and I have a laptop with DVD that I can bring so that fanch will be happy...
    I'm honestly thinking of renting a SUV now so that I can transport shit (beer, food, ice, tent, chairs etc...) plus a few extra speakers for music :D
    If the parking lots only open 2 hours before showtime we're fucked.. have to find a nice park near the E-Center to do some hardcore tailgating... yes I am writing this after drinking.. just spent two hours having lunch during work at a nice establishment in Philly by the name of Byrne's.. great wings and they servce Smitwicks on tap.. gotta love it
    well back to work and we'll all figure out everything in the next weeks.. hopefully we all get tickets tomorrow... Chrom-eye-am out :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    problem solved. this place looks pretty nice, 20 Horse Tavern, yes its located in Camden but it looks nice, maybe even too upscale.... according to the "Directions" section of their website it's within walking distance to Tweeter Center.

http://www.20horsetavern.com

review:

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/view.php?id=7840

That looks great!

I will give them a call on Monday (I have to enjoy my weekend of course :) )

Thanks a million!
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
    chromiam wrote:
    The green tent is in full effect for Philly/Camden.. and I have a laptop with DVD that I can bring so that fanch will be happy...
    I'm honestly thinking of renting a SUV now so that I can transport shit (beer, food, ice, tent, chairs etc...) plus a few extra speakers for music :D
    If the parking lots only open 2 hours before showtime we're fucked.. have to find a nice park near the E-Center to do some hardcore tailgating... yes I am writing this after drinking.. just spent two hours having lunch during work at a nice establishment in Philly by the name of Byrne's.. great wings and they servce Smitwicks on tap.. gotta love it
    well back to work and we'll all figure out everything in the next weeks.. hopefully we all get tickets tomorrow... Chrom-eye-am out :D

There's a bar literally a block away from the Tweeter Center where the CCFA party is going to be (as long as the bar/restaurant doesn't mind)...we can all drink there!!!
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    oh yeah. the 20 Horse Tavern serves buffalo wings and waffle fries. thats always a plus.

On another note: I'm not too sure about that 2 hour rule because I can swear I have tailgated before Tweeter Center shows several hours before show time, even as early as 2pm.

Maybe the *official* Tweeter center lot opens 2 hours prior but all the other un-official lots open whenever...

Right, my man just said the same thing to me. But with this being a fundraising event, it's kinda hard to try and rely on private parking lots being open at 2pm (which is when the fundraiser starts...)
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    Bubba wrote:
    LOL..yeah, I dont see that happening here!!

the TORONTO tickets went on sale Wednesday I believe and tickets are still left for both shows!!

Didn't all the CANADIAN fans complian all the time about how PJ never tours up in their area, and how they are such die-hard fans who would give their right arm to see PJ in concert. and they START the tour in TORONTO with 2 shows and 10 club tickets are still left. that would never happen in PHILLY or BOSTON. never.

Canada fans are lame-ass. all they care about is hockey, eh?
    There's a bar literally a block away from the Tweeter Center where the CCFA party is going to be (as long as the bar/restaurant doesn't mind)...we can all drink there!!!

Agreed.. but 2-5 for CCFA still leaves time before the show to tailgate :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

yea give the 20 Horse Tavern a call! hopefully they are open to hosting a private party, with about 50 people?? :)

maybe we can even park our cars on the street there near the Tavern. oh wait, it is Camden, shit.......maybe not.
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 600
    chromiam wrote:
    just spent two hours having lunch during work at a nice establishment in Philly by the name of Byrne's.. great wings and they servce Smitwicks on tap.. gotta love it

Is that the Byrne's Tavern in Port Richmond?
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    yea give the 20 Horse Tavern a call! hopefully they are open to hosting a private party, with about 50 people?? :)

maybe we can even park our cars on the street there near the Tavern. oh wait, it is Camden, shit.......maybe not.

When I call I'll find out if there is a parking lot.

It doesn't even have to be a private party, I just have to make sure they're ok with CCFA walking around auctioning off Pearl Jam goodies and stuff. Even the people at the bar that aren't interested in Pearl Jam can help out and make a donation!
    I am going to get flamed by 100 Canadians after they read the thread I just started....oh well :)
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    I am going to get flamed by 100 Canadians after they read the thread I just started....oh well :)

I just saw that thread.....I laughed. Seriously, there's a limited supply of 10club tix and they've been availiable for THREE DAYS?!?!
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Anybody need a tix splittin partner for Tweeter, Rutherfords, or DC?

If so, shoot me a PM.
    My boyfriend is freaking backwards...

He had macaroni & cheese at 10:30 for breakfast and now at 2:00 he's having waffles for lunch....

Oy.
    I just saw that thread.....I laughed. Seriously, there's a limited supply of 10club tix and they've been availiable for THREE DAYS?!?!

yea availble for 3 days for 2 shows!!! must be nice to live in Canada, eh?
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    yea availble for 3 days for 2 shows!!! must be nice to live in Canada, eh?

No shit....I dread what it's going to be like when MSG goes on sale.
    No shit....I dread what it's going to be like when MSG goes on sale.

the 10 club site will crash. I might have to go with the eBay route for MSG shows...
    Is that the Byrne's Tavern in Port Richmond?

Yes it is my good friend...

Admin

• BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    oh yeah. the 20 Horse Tavern serves buffalo wings and waffle fries. thats always a plus.

On another note: I'm not too sure about that 2 hour rule because I can swear I have tailgated before Tweeter Center shows several hours before show time, even as early as 2pm.

Maybe the *official* Tweeter center lot opens 2 hours prior but all the other un-official lots open whenever...

I was gonna say, I was down there way early for that '03 10C line!
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    1. i will prob need someone to split with for NJ night 2
    2. it is what it is
    3. i still think someone, or anyone with an SUV would be cool bc then we could still get kegs
    4. yup
    5. today was so fuckin nice and my car is stylin right now, the shine coming off it is hurting my eyes
    6. im really scared for tomorrow :eek:
    7. i dont think we really want to be hangin out in port richmond let alone camden! i say we meet at jakes bar and get wasted there :D...or....pre-party at joes house :D
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    thatgirl wrote:
    1. i will prob need someone to split with for NJ night 2
    2. it is what it is
    3. i still think someone, or anyone with an SUV would be cool bc then we could still get kegs
    4. yup
    5. today was so fuckin nice and my car is stylin right now, the shine coming off it is hurting my eyes
    6. im really scared for tomorrow :eek:
    7. i dont think we really want to be hangin out in port richmond let alone camden! i say we meet at jakes bar and get wasted there :D...or....pre-party at joes house :D

I think we'll be ok drinkin in the parking lot for the show, its afterwards is when I dont wanna be stuck in Camden.
  • That's where a phone chain or a big flag would come in handy...we'd all be able to find it and party...

I agree, yay.
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    There are plenty of parking lots by the Tweeter Center that open WAY early! If you're walking from the Tweeter Center and you walk under that little overpass (or if you walk past the aquarium...i think it's the aquarium) there are like 4 parking lots that open early! Some of the parking lots are the blacktop parking lots, but the one's a little furthur back on the left are the lots in the dirt/rocks...do all you locals know what I'm talking about? I believe they all open early!

Good luck to everyone today!!!!!!! We better all get tickets!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
    We will get tickets and there will be a large tailgate... larger than Philly last year. It may not be gold standard but god damn it will be close. It's going to be a fun next few weeks getting all of the plans together. :D

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    It may not be gold standard but god damn it will be close.

Don't kid yourself. The quality of the company in attendence makes it the gold standard. :D Good luck today. We will all get out tickets. The good karma vibe is out there and we should all be under its bubble.

I have spent many many hours in Byrne's Tavern. It is a great bar.

Crab soup and beer, perfect together.
    Don't kid yourself. The quality of the company in attendence makes it the gold standard. :D Good luck today. We will all get out tickets. The good karma vibe is out there and we should all be under its bubble.

I have spent many many hours in Byrne's Tavern. It is a great bar.

Crab soup and beer, perfect together.

Yeah we'll all get tickets and the tailgate will be superb both nights...

Byrne's is great.. I work right down the street. Actually stuck at work again today so it might be another lunch at Byrne's... hmm maybe some crabs and beer yumm.

Admin

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    It's nearly gametime, folks.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    Hey everyone! Today is judgement day!! Lets hope for the best!!
    It's like we're all riding inner tubes on a river and headed for the falls. Our arms are locked together and we won't know if the chain stays intact until we get to the bottom.

Hold on fuckers. I can hear the water now.
    LOL..good analogy! I'm freakin' nervous!!
  • It's like we're all riding inner tubes on a river and headed for the falls. Our arms are locked together and we won't know if the chain stays intact until we get to the bottom.

Hold on fuckers. I can hear the water now.
    A 35 min. fall, best ride in the world weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
    "Don't turn away from possible futures unless you're certain you have nothing to learn from them."