**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    chromiam wrote:
    Exactly, once I have tickets everything else should work itself.... I'm not worried about the tailgate, last time was great with just a tent and a bunch of us just showing up. The RV would be fucking awesome but not a necessity.
    Hopefully we all have some good luck tomorrow.. unless the site crashes becuase of the Boston sale today :D

Definitely! I was just checkin out your myspace site, I really gotta sign up for one of those. Pretty cool!

Alright, Im sitting here debating if I wanna go to Boston..LOL
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    vedderwood wrote:
    I do events at my work and it takes A LOT of time to piece everything together and rely on other people at times to get things done! That is way too much for someone to organize when seriously IMO the most important part is seeing Pearl Jam in concert at the end of the day! We can all do exactly what we wanted to do at the GREEN TENT!!!! It seemed to have worked out great last year, so let's just do it again!

vw- thanks for understanding. :)

Honestly people the logistics involved with this were just too much for me to handle. This RV thing would basically monopolize my entire Memorial Day weekend, I would need to find somewhere to store it, I would need to worry about some random drunk asshole @ the Tweeter Center doing something stupid and damaging it. I just want to have fun, relax and enjoy the weekend. also at this point I just can't afford the financial liability. If anyone else wants to step up and take control of the wheel be my guest. I will pitch in however possible. The RV idea was just something I floated out there and honestly I didn't expect much to come out of it.

Let's all focus on tickets for Tweeter Center and East Rutherford. Then we can start planning the tailgate party.
  • PhillyPJ wrote:
    I would need to worry about some random drunk asshole... .

jeez...i'm not that bad, am i !?!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Bubba wrote:
    LOL..settle down, all this went down in the middle of the night....some of us were too drunk to have any good ideas. We'll figure something out!

I am settled. I said what I said based on the initial reactions after PhillyPJ posted, if you read back on them, and there were enough even late on Friday. Everybody seemingly ran to the other side of the boat after the initial gung ho reaction. I felt like I was on a French Military message board there for a second with all the deserters :D I was just surprised it died so easy in that context. I could really care what we do, as long as we all hang and see the show and my pale ass has something to hide from the sun with.

All good.
    I am settled. I said what I said based on the initial reactions after PhillyPJ posted, if you read back on them, and there were enough even late on Friday. Everybody seemingly ran to the other side of the boat after the initial gung ho reaction. I felt like I was on a French Military message board there for a second with all the deserters :D I was just surprised it died so easy in that context. I could really care what we do, as long as we all hang and see the show and my pale ass has something to hide from the sun with.

All good.

I wasnt being mean...I just know we'll all figure something out and hang out as long as we all get tickets!

All good.

Yea. I'm sorry if it seemed like I poured cold water on the fire. I just decided it wasn't going to work for me, and I wanted to let everyone know BEFORE they started to send me money etc... One of the things I had planned after the Tweeter center show was going to South Street to Jim's Steaks afterwards for a post-concert cheesesteak which is what I did back in 2003.

If I had to drive this RV around that would be next to impossible. The RV would be an 800 pound gorilla on my back for the entire weekend. Again, there will be a tailgate party in some form or fashion, but there will not be an RV there. if someone else wants to take the ball and run with it go right ahead!!
  • 4HEATHER4HEATHER Posts: 36
    Julian thanks anyway for doing all that work! I am sure an awesome tailgate party can still be arranged without the RV-I think the ideas of a possible pre-arranged meeting space and cell phone chain are good and I am willing to help plan or arrange anything once we ALL get tickets (thinking positive!!)!
    I am off to a pre St Paddy's Day bar crawl-have a good weekend everyone and good luck tomorrow!!
    Let's say knowledge is a tree
    It's growing up just like me
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Just found out I'll be making this show :)

I'd be happy to help with the CCFA or pre-party... just say the word :D

Laura

Laura-

if you want you can start a new thread for the CCFA/pre-party. just cut and paste the RSVP list from the 1st page of this thread. your other threads seemed to be pretty well-organized. :)
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 600
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    vw- thanks for understanding. :)

Honestly people the logistics involved with this were just too much for me to handle. This RV thing would basically monopolize my entire Memorial Day weekend, I would need to find somewhere to store it, I would need to worry about some random drunk asshole @ the Tweeter Center doing something stupid and damaging it. I just want to have fun, relax and enjoy the weekend. also at this point I just can't afford the financial liability. If anyone else wants to step up and take control of the wheel be my guest. I will pitch in however possible. The RV idea was just something I floated out there and honestly I didn't expect much to come out of it.

Let's all focus on tickets for Tweeter Center and East Rutherford. Then we can start planning the tailgate party.

You're right. Why bog yourself down and make the weekend too complicated. All that really matters is that we all get our tickets tomorrow. Like Chromiam said, once that is done everyhting else will fall into place.

I never made it over to see the big green tent, but it sounds like it was big and green. I've never tailgated a Pearl Jam show with anything more than a cooler full of beer, Wawa hoagies, chips, and Pearl Jam cd's. I'm easy to please. I will say this though...I'm glad I'm not going to Boston. It is so nice outside right now. I wouldn't want to be stuck at the computer.
    Wait a minute....
    I'm on the computer right now.
    I'm such a dumb ass.
    Later.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    I think all we REALLY need is beer, food, a couple tents and card tables.

That would work nicely and like PhillyPJ said, I got to thinking about the RV last night too, and it's just too much for the amount of people that wanted to go. I mean, only about 15-20 people could fit in there at a time. I think getting to the venue when they open the parking lot and getting a nice sized space close to the port-o-potty's (cause we all know it sucks to walk clear across the lot when you've gotta go) and set up shop there.

How many people have tailgating tents? I think with 50+ people, we'd need at least two?

Beer, we'll leave up to everyone to BYO....everyone has different tastes, but if someone wants to bring stuff to make special drinks ie: Car Bombs, Jello shots, that's ok too.

Food wise we need to make a list of who's bringing what...and that can happen after we know the ticket situation.

By doing it this way, it's eliminating the need to collect money from people, and still won't cost more than $25-$30 per person (maybe less) and of course the cost to park at the venue.

I'm still waiting to hear about permission for the CCFA pre-party there, but having it at tents in the lot would work too...

(I'm an organizer...can't help it, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes, so any other ideas can supercede mine, I'm just throwing my two cents out there)
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    Laura-

if you want you can start a new thread for the CCFA/pre-party. just cut and paste the RSVP list from the 1st page of this thread. your other threads seemed to be pretty well-organized. :)

I already did that and no one cared about it...
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    One of the things I had planned after the Tweeter center show was going to South Street to Jim's Steaks afterwards for a post-concert cheesesteak which is what I did back in 2003.

This is why I love you man, that is so fucking YIELD!!!!!

I don't blame you dude, honestly. Having a couple of canopies will rule. How cool was Philly 10/3? We didn't have an RV and that shit ruled like Dokken in 1984.

We'll need a laptop so we can watch the drunk Oasis dude, tho.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    By doing it this way, it's eliminating the need to collect money from people, and still won't cost more than $25-$30 per person (maybe less) and of course the cost to park at the venue.

I'm still waiting to hear about permission for the CCFA pre-party there, but having it at tents in the lot would work too...

(I'm an organizer...can't help it, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes, so any other ideas can supercede mine, I'm just throwing my two cents out there)

I like the BYO idea. collecting money from people can be a pain in the ass. Plus I don't want to have to get Tony Soprano to hunt people down when they don't pay.

So basically we will need to coordinate the time the lots open, all arrive at somewhat the same time, just set up some tents, card tables, BYO on the beer and food and of course WAWA hoagies. Bring a couple footballs, frisbees, PJ music, maybe a portable DVD player so Fanch can watch SVT and a great time will be had by all. :)
    fanch75 wrote:
    This is why I love you man, that is so fucking YIELD!!!!!

I don't blame you dude, honestly. Having a couple of canopies will rule. How cool was Philly 10/3? We didn't have an RV and that shit ruled like Dokken in 1984.

We'll need a laptop so we can watch the drunk Oasis dude, tho.

Dude the post-concert cheesesteak is a must. basically you will be drinking all day from 12 noon until about 11pm, then you head to Jim's Steaks afterwards for a cheesesteak. best thing in the world.

As far as the DVD situation we just need a portable DVD player.
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Bubba wrote:
    I wasnt being mean...I just know we'll all figure something out and hang out as long as we all get tickets!

Not at all bro! Things 'read wrong' sometimes when typed, especially on the 'net. I hope I didn't come across wrong- like I said, I don't care as long as we party in any way shape or form.

Julian- No cold water on the party at all and I hope I didn't sound like I was dumping on you somehow, because I wasn't. I was just trying to keep momentum going I suppose. You are right- lots of work, and a huge undertaking, both time wise and financially.
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    I like the BYO idea. collecting money from people can be a pain in the ass. Plus I don't want to have to get Tony Soprano to hunt people down when they don't pay.

So basically we will need to coordinate the time the lots open, all arrive at somewhat the same time, just set up some tents, card tables, BYO on the beer and food and of course WAWA hoagies. Bring a couple footballs, frisbees, PJ music, maybe a portable DVD player so Fanch can watch SVT and a great time will be had by all. :)

That so would work much better.

Dealing with collecting money from people is a major pain in the ass..I hate doing it.

We'll just have to make sure everyone signs up for bringing something, so we don't end up with 50 bags of potato chips....
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    fanch75 wrote:
    that shit ruled like Dokken in 1984.

Holy! Drop a George Lynch solo on this mutha! Dokken!!!!!
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    So who got Boston tix? I got 'em so I'm going...who else?
    We could just all meet up like an hour or so before the lot opens and caravan over together so that way we can all park near each other. Either way Im finding that green tent with the white women and having a Natty with Fanch!
    I'm going :p
    Bubba wrote:
    We could just all meet up like an hour or so before the lot opens and caravan over together so that way we can all park near each other. Either way Im finding that green tent with the white women and having a Natty with Fanch!

That's where a phone chain or a big flag would come in handy...we'd all be able to find it and party...
    Not at all bro! Things 'read wrong' sometimes when typed, especially on the 'net. I hope I didn't come across wrong- like I said, I don't care as long as we party in any way shape or form.

Julian- No cold water on the party at all and I hope I didn't sound like I was dumping on you somehow, because I wasn't. I was just trying to keep momentum going I suppose. You are right- lots of work, and a huge undertaking, both time wise and financially.

I didn think you were cranky, just makin sure I didnt come off as being a jerk. Thats all!
    That's where a phone chain or a big flag would come in handy...we'd all be able to find it and party...

I was just thinking of meeting up beforehand would be cool so that we'd all just be parked near each other.
    The parking lot doesn't open until 2 hours before showtime...
    The parking lot doesn't open until 2 hours before showtime...

Well thats no good, we need more drinkin time than that!
    Bubba wrote:
    Well thats no good, we need more drinkin time than that!
    Come to the CCFA party! They'll be plenty of drinks there and it'll be for a good cause!

That elimates the CCFA pre-party at the tailgate, cause that is supposed to be from 2-5...

So looks like I'll have to find a good bar/restaurant around the area for it...anyone know of any good places? I'd like to have it across the bridge in Philly (but not too far as to get to the venue easiest)...

Anyone?
    must be nice to live in a city like Detroit or Toronto CANADA. where you can wait 3 days later and still get 10 club tickets. EASILY....
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    must be nice to live in a city like Detroit or Toronto CANADA. where you can wait 3 days later and still get 10 club tickets. EASILY....

LOL..yeah, I dont see that happening here!!
    So looks like I'll have to find a good bar/restaurant around the area for it...anyone know of any good places? I'd like to have it across the bridge in Philly (but not too far as to get to the venue easiest)...

Anyone?

problem solved. this place looks pretty nice, 20 Horse Tavern, yes its located in Camden but it looks nice, maybe even too upscale.... according to the "Directions" section of their website it's within walking distance to Tweeter Center.

http://www.20horsetavern.com

review:

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/view.php?id=7840
    oh yeah. the 20 Horse Tavern serves buffalo wings and waffle fries. thats always a plus.

On another note: I'm not too sure about that 2 hour rule because I can swear I have tailgated before Tweeter Center shows several hours before show time, even as early as 2pm.

Maybe the *official* Tweeter center lot opens 2 hours prior but all the other un-official lots open whenever...