**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    Friday March 10th, 2006

Dear Friends and Fellow PJ tailgaters,

It is with mixed emotions that today I am submitting my letter of resignation and effectively stepping down as CEO of the Philly Tailgate Management Corporation (PTMC). This announcement by no means is an end to the dream that is the Tweeter Center RV Tailgate of 2006. That dream is still alive. However, somebody else will need to carry the torch. In my haste to make big, big plans for this party I probably bit off more then I could chew.

Between work and my outside life (yes I actually do have a life outside of Pearl Jam and this message board:)) I will be unable to plan, collect and track the funds required for this endeavor. The more and more I research into the logistics regarding this party the more I realize that it is going to become a huge undertaking. Honestly, I don’t have the time to manage it.

When I initially mentioned the idea of renting an RV for this event I was somewhat joking around not expecting people to take it seriously. I figured maybe 5-10 people would be into it, and the idea would fizzle out. Since that time the response has obviously been overwhelming. I am blown away once again with the passion of PJ fans. Next to the Philadelphia Eagles fans I have never come across a more passionate loyal group of fans and I am proud to call many of you friends.

I apologize for such a sudden and unexpected resignation but my intent was to make the decision quickly so the Board of Directors is able to elect a successor for the position of CEO. Just to repeat what I said before, the dream is NOT over. We already have an RSVP list well over 50 people, a lot of the leg work has been done, we simply need someone to start a new thread and cut and paste the list of tailgaters over. It’s that easy. Even if the RV idea does not become a reality the groundwork has been laid for one huge, amazing, unbelievable weekend of Pearl Jam and partying @ the Tweeter Center.

Do NOT let the dream die.

Respectfully Yours,

PhillyPJ
    Ex-CEO
    Philly Tailgate Management Corporation
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Um, wow. That was quick, but I understand where you are coming from.

We really should get a logistics TEAM together since all of us work or go to school in some fashion of course, and time can be limited with other priorities.
  • i can be the treasurer.
    i handle the petty cash box at work.
    and i reconcile them for the region ...

... haha thats a joke ... i mean, i do ... but i don't want to be treasure ... thats what the loser in school elections gets to be ...

... i wanna be king!

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Just bring that back, and the party will follow!!!!
    wishlistfoundation.org
    I am willing to donate some time and effort here. Thinking outloud we have the following major items to consider at the very least:

RSVP's- Someone keep track from now on in new thread and coordinate with cash person.

Money- Track and coordinate with RSVP's

RV- Julian possibly stay on board logistically for this?

I know this sounds overly obvious, but again just thinking outloud. If we have atleast 4-5 peeps on this we should be good.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    Friday March 10th, 2006

It is with mixed emotions that today I am submitting my letter of resignation and effectively stepping down as CEO of the Philly Tailgate Management Corporation (PTMC). This announcement by no means is an end to the dream that is the Tweeter Center RV Tailgate of 2006. That dream is still alive. However, somebody else will need to carry the torch. In my haste to make big, big plans for this party I probably bit off more then I could chew.

Between work and my outside life (yes I actually do have a life outside of Pearl Jam and this message board:)) I will be unable to plan, collect and track the funds required for this endeavor. The more and more I research into the logistics regarding this party the more I realize that it is going to become a huge undertaking. Honestly, I don’t have the time to manage it.

When I initially mentioned the idea of renting an RV for this event I was somewhat joking around not expecting people to take it seriously. I figured maybe 5-10 people would be into it, and the idea would fizzle out. Since that time the response has obviously been overwhelming. I am blown away once again with the passion of PJ fans. Next to the Philadelphia Eagles fans I have never come across a more passionate loyal group of fans and I am proud to call many of you friends.

I apologize for such a sudden and unexpected resignation but my intent was to make the decision quickly so the Board of Directors is able to elect a successor for the position of CEO. Just to repeat what I said before, the dream is NOT over. We already have an RSVP list well over 50 people, a lot of the leg work has been done, we simply need someone to start a new thread and cut and paste the list of tailgaters over. It’s that easy. Even if the RV idea does not become a reality the groundwork has been laid for one huge, amazing, unbelievable weekend of Pearl Jam and partying @ the Tweeter Center.

Respectfully Yours,

PhillyPJ
    Ex-CEO
    booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

all4
    Just bring that back, and the party will follow!!!!
    i conquer...green tent is the way to go

all4
  • booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

all4

i bet if you spoon him tomorrow night, he will come around.

If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
    fanch75 wrote:
    Well look at it this way; if the limited number of 10C seats sell out, we'll all be out in the lawn after the regular sale. :D So, we'll get to party together in the lawn and we can carry PhillyPJ to the RV afterwards.

There's always an upside
    after the four hours of aggravation i had today getting tickets.......

i have a feelin alot of us might be viewing this philly/camden show....

from the fucking parking lot........

good luck getting tickets people.....

out of stock...refresh
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • JUST A THOUGHT then.....

I think everyone should still Exchange PHONE Numbers and such.... or a couple of people get everyones, and Coordinate and such... so when Peoples start arriving at the Venue... we can somewhat organize a Car Meetup in the same vacinity!

~inquis.
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    NO!
    en
    I was getting too excited for this, it can't flop.

What about taking volunteers to do different things? Someone be in charge of beer, someone of food, someone of the RV (which didn't PhillyPJ already put a deposit down?)...

OR....do we really need an RV? I think we can rent a couple of tents that would cover more people than having an RV would. Tents would allow more people to come and more room to party (as long as we get enough room in the parking lot).

Any other suggestions?
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • First and Foremost.... I'd think organizing a Meeting Spot BEFORE going to the VENUE, would be a smart idea....

Once people start showing up at the Venue... parking is up in the air!

Anyone have places on where to meet before the show... so then we could all just go as a Caravan, and park near each other?

????
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
    First and Foremost.... I'd think organizing a Meeting Spot BEFORE going to the VENUE, would be a smart idea....

Once people start showing up at the Venue... parking is up in the air!

Anyone have places on where to meet before the show... so then we could all just go as a Caravan, and park near each other?

????

Either that, or push comes to shove try and park in the same general area and use a phone chain to call and let people know where the party is....
    Ok guys, I know it's Friday night and all (well Saturday morning) but this is bad.

The CCFA pre-party is riding on this (pending approval)....so we can come up with something to do, or we're back to the drawing board with finding a place for the pre-party....
    i bet if you spoon him tomorrow night, he will come around.

thats just morbidly obese :D

all4
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 600
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    Friday March 10th, 2006

Respectfully Yours,

PhillyPJ
    Ex-CEO

I....it...you...this was...(gasp, dry heave)...I'm going to be(vomits on self)...I got sick. I just threw up on (vomits on keyboard)...NO!...(vomit again)(gagging)(cough)...I never felt so alone(Vomits on self)...all that(gag)(dry heave)...all that(vomits on self)...NOOOOO!....(vomits on keyboard)(wipes mouth,nose, and eyes)...(gag)...(Dry heave)...(vomits on self)...I'm all messy...I'm all messy...(loud gasp)(cough)(coughing)(coughing)...(tears)...It's fucking over...(gasp)....(slight giggle/tears)...I...It's over before(throws up through nose)... before it.................before it...........(gasp, gasp,gasp)(coughing...............)(burp)(sniff)(wipes nose)................................................................................................. started............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(fart).............................................................................I got nothin'................(gasp).......(sigh)...................................................
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
    I think that we are getting off track already by talking about resorting to trying to get parking near each other already and phone chaining- slow down.

The RV idea isn't dead yet. Let's hear more from Julian on the status over the weekend. If the RV isn't feasible anymore for some reason then we may just have to get there earlier than thought and establish a large area for tents/shades en masse. The RV would meet less resistence and estabhlish a bigger area by default of course, but like I said, let's see what's up with that first.

It'll all work out.
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 600
    There is alway the flag. There WILL be a flag. I promise. As I sit her God damn it, there will be a flag...a stickman flag.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Green Tent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... keep it simple, everyone brings their own beer, and life is good..... :D
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Green Tent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... keep it simple, everyone brings their own beer, and life is good..... :D

Yes. The green tent worked extraordinarily well for Philly 10/3, and it'll be fine for this. An RV would be hella cool (lil nod to Lars Ulrich there), but it's not necessary. Yeah it'd be cool as SHIT to watch DVD's throughout the day, though.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Just found out I'll be making this show :)

I'd be happy to help with the CCFA or pre-party... just say the word :D

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    Ok, I guess everybody is off of the RV idea then. That was an odd turn of events. Doesn't matter to me either way, but damn, don't everybody volunteer to help circle the wagons all at once...
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    Ok, I guess everybody is off of the RV idea then. That was an odd turn of events. Doesn't matter to me either way, but damn, don't everybody volunteer to help circle the wagons all at once...

LOL..settle down, all this went down in the middle of the night....some of us were too drunk to have any good ideas. We'll figure something out!
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    What the fuck!!!! I leave for one day and anarchy ensues... I can see where Julian is coming from (the cost alone is nuts and the responsibilty whew)... However I digress, the green tent will be there once again (even if I don't get fucking 10C tickets :D).. and if the RV is a no go then maybe I will just rent a mid-size SUV to haul shit to the show.
    But lets check the status of the RV first and then get going... as mentioned before duties should be divided up and a few informal meetings or maybe even a couple a phone calls could help sort things out...
    Stay positive and hopefully we all get tickets tomorrow... and as MC said there will be a flag and where there's a flag I'm going to be partying :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    What the fuck!!!! I leave for one day and anarchy ensues... I can see where Julian is coming from (the cost alone is nuts and the responsibilty whew)... However I digress, the green tent will be there once again (even if I don't get fucking 10C tickets :D).. and if the RV is a no go then maybe I will just rent a mid-size SUV to haul shit to the show.
    But lets check the status of the RV first and then get going... as mentioned before duties should be divided up and a few informal meetings or maybe even a couple a phone calls could help sort things out...
    Stay positive and hopefully we all get tickets tomorrow... and as MC said there will be a flag and where there's a flag I'm going to partying :D

Word!! I think tomorrow after we see who gets tickets and what not things will start to get clearer.
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    i am speechless
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    Truthfully what Julian was trying to plan with the RV is a part time job within itself....I do events at my work and it takes A LOT of time to piece everything together and rely on other people at times to get things done! That is way too much for someone to organize when seriously IMO the most important part is seeing Pearl Jam in concert at the end of the day! We can all do exactly what we wanted to do at the GREEN TENT!!!! It seemed to have worked out great last year, so let's just do it again!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
    Right now my main concern is tickets to Camden and East Rutherford...once that is done, I'll start worrying about everything else...LOL
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Bubba wrote:
    Right now my main concern is tickets to Camden and East Rutherford...once that is done, I'll start worrying about everything else...LOL

Exactly, once I have tickets everything else should work itself.... I'm not worried about the tailgate, last time was great with just a tent and a bunch of us just showing up. The RV would be fucking awesome but not a necessity.
    Hopefully we all have some good luck tomorrow.. unless the site crashes becuase of the Boston sale today :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    what he said....