**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    thatgirl wrote:

hammered metal...LOL
    That's what it's called dear.
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    She's better than Avocado/ 8/ "Pearl Jam" is all I know.

She is also the source of Julie's jealousy in this world.

I actually think the pink shirt, Red Sox hat wearing girl from the bar in Albany was better myself, even with the Red Sox cap.
    What I love, going back to the merch, was that they raised the prices on the silk-screened posters to $25.
    In addition, the limited hoodies went up in price by I believe $20, no doubt because of the demonstrated price elasticity that a lot of idiots demonstrated on Ebay by paying $300-400 for a t-shirt thin "sweatshirt". The business logic of course being, "why are the asshole sellers making the money in the secondary market when we can just upcharge ourselves at the point of sale. Thanks PJ.

Odd though that the NA posters went down form $10- to $5.
    And as another point-

I didn't think I'm Open was great at all. First time or not. It's not the song unless you know and say the words at the end. I can probably say them off the top of my head right now and I didn't even write them. I couldn't expect Ed to remember when he couldn't even remember how to play it at first. It was funny when he admitted to it, but come on, you gotta close with the wordage. They make the whole song at the end.
    And as another point-

I didn't think I'm Open was great at all. First time or not. It's not the song unless you know and say the words at the end. I can probably say them off the top of my head right now and I didn't even write them. I couldn't expect Ed to remember when he couldn't even remember how to play it at first. It was funny when he admitted to it, but come on, you gotta close with the wordage. They make the whole song at the end.

LOL....are you sure you still like Pearl Jam?!?!? LOL
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    She's better than Avocado/ 8/ "Pearl Jam" is all I know.

She is also the source of Julie's jealousy in this world.
    damn you mya!! you are ruining my life!

:mad:
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    My definition of a freak:

The freak travels from show to show and sleeps in a car, on floors, outside, or wherever they can. The freak doesn't bathe. The freak doesn't really know any of Pearl Jam's music. The freak can't distinguish Red Mosquito from Even Flow. The freak will always approach you and is a close talker. In the hotels they will hang out in the hallways instead in a room and will draw on each other or bead hair. If it looks like you've got it together at your tailgate, the freak will be there to bum alcohol and annoy you with stories about nothing. They will breathe on you with horrible breath. They'll ask you for drugs. They will pull food from their pockets and eat it. They will try to barter with you for your beer using bead jewelry, string bracelets, or God know what else. They will try to sell you things or just flat out ask for money. They are for the most part harmless.

I just want to be left alone by them. Unfortunately they always seem to migrate to wherever I am. I can't be outwardly rude to the freaks, just subtly sarcastic.

Their numbers at Pearl Jam concerts seem to be increasing.

I apologize if I've come off sounding like a dick, but I work for a living. I don't know what these people do but I'm not supporting them. Like I said, I'm never mean to anyone. I just don't want to be bothered by "the freaks." I dont care what people look like. I don't judge people on their looks. If a person can hold a coherent converstaion and not continually try to pick my pocket I'll talk to them.

dude, i totally hear you. there were many of these types on the tower line. i tried my best to not be condescending. sometimes i was more successful than others. :)
    thatgirl wrote:
    damn you mya!! you are ruining my life!

:mad:

jealousy looks good on you, tg.

btw, it is totally insane that i leave for a two hour meeting and this post is up by 4-5 pages. just insane.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    So I just got a call from Eric who has connections with the parking lot people at almost every venue in Philly and wanted to know if we needed a free parking pass for the rv.

I probably should let him no that the dream died and there will be no rv, but I'll be parking for free. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Words can't describe her beauty. I can only say that she was the cocktail waitress at Sweet Jane's.

but did she have da thyck azz?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Bubba wrote:

Yeah after this and the whole conversation on sat night I'm wondering that too...
    grace6697 wrote:
    btw, it is totally insane that i leave for a two hour meeting and this post is up by 4-5 pages. just insane.

and what about that surprises you?? the original philly thread was 10 times worse but this definitely is catching up with its content.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    dont forget to vote tomorrow people!!

one of my professors from college is running for senator
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    fanch75 wrote:
    but did she have da thyck azz?

of course :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    chromiam wrote:

and what about that surprises you?? the original philly thread was 10 times worse but this definitely is catching up with its content.

i was spared the first philly thread!

soon i will update the list of all the things non-philly/non-pj related things you fools discuss. :)
    take your money and your drugs.
    TO TWEETER CENTER

NOTE: New parking lots have been added, with four new lots south of the Center providing more parking closer to the entrance. On concert dates, traffic police will direct you into lots reserved for Tweeter Center patrons.
    chromiam wrote:
    of course :D

I concur...she did indeed!
    thatgirl wrote:
    TO TWEETER CENTER

NOTE: New parking lots have been added, with four new lots south of the Center providing more parking closer to the entrance. On concert dates, traffic police will direct you into lots reserved for Tweeter Center patrons.

Are you going to be allowed out with us on Memorial Day weekend?? I mean past 11pm??? :)
    Bubba wrote:
    Are you going to be allowed out with us on Memorial Day weekend?? I mean past 11pm??? :)
    whateva i do what i want

i left around midnight which in fact i heard that you two left about 15 minutes after i did. and im sure sean, it WASNT the lamest thing you have seen in months...
    thatgirl wrote:
    whateva i do what i want

i left around midnight which in fact i heard that you two left about 15 minutes after i did. and im sure sean, it WASNT the lamest thing you have seen in months...

Haha, I know, just fuckin with ya. We were hungry so we had to go on our little excursion for food.

As for lame things, I saw a lot of lame things this weekend!
    thatgirl wrote:
    whateva i do what i want

I think we left like a half hour after you did... I wasn't thrilled about hearing the coverband massacre anymore songs and was starving. I have to say we did enjoy your exit songs ;)

Hmmm Tweeter lots sound like 5PM opening lots = thumbs down

Admin

• you can count me in as well as the lady. JUST AS LONG AS OUR CHAIRS DON'T SINK INTO THE BLACKTOP LIKE IN 03'. that was brutal out in the sun. hooray for tents!!!
    who you are
    chromiam wrote:
    I think we left like a half hour after you did... I wasn't thrilled about hearing the coverband massacre anymore songs and was starving. I have to say we did enjoy your exit songs ;)

Hmmm Tweeter lots sound like 5PM opening lots = thumbs down

I do remember coming upstairs after hearing that shitty band "playing" Gwar or some crap like that and hearing "The Final Countdown", then I knew Julie got to the jukebox.
    Bubba wrote:
    I was just thinking about that loosely last night and this morning in some context...

Yes, I am.

However, I believe that I have had some feelings brewing here and there about some things for a little while, but they were nothing to speak of. I think once the album came out it was the last straw taste wise for me.
    While the album is of a personal preference type criticism, the merchandising I believe is another issue all together. While Pearl Jam is displayed, through their own design, as anti-establishment, and moreso in the past in light of their recent publicity push for the new album (eg. AOL Sessions for one) I believe that they are establishment. I think the fact that they sell merchandise, to the delight of the fans or not, is establishment. I think that the selling of sub-par quality materials and sizing at the Canadian/NA shows, and now continuing on this tour shows that they do not have approval or don't want it on theit items, and are willing to take the fans money. That is not "Pearl Jam" as I always had the ideal of them in my head in the past. In perspective, and growing up as fans of others themselves, they would not like their merchandise either, and I couldn't see Ed plunking down $28 to buy a 2 shirt that normally fits him having to go 1-2 sizes larger and be paper thin. I feel that while they are busy. etc. which is the nature of the business, it's no excuse because it's the nature of any business, they simply don't take or make the time to oversee some things that should be better handled with respect to us. I don't want more and I never asked for better, until now. It's not more that I am asking here form a greed standpoint, and better in a up-from-sub-par-quality standpoint. The bootlegs are another example. Let's cut some more corners. They are a huge sales boon for them and were at one time a great product, but are now over simplified and have horrible downloading issues, and are not edited well from what I have seen.

Ed bashes the President and the government at every show I've seen in recent memory, so maybe I'm just feeling this on my end with them and exercising it.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    who said hartford was going to be better than albany? i clearly remember someone telling me that? i wonder if they were right :rolleyes:
  • Bednarz42Bednarz42 Posts: 223
    #1 05-15-2006, 01:19 PM
    Released Me
    Ghost Join Date: Apr 2006

PJ, please open with PARACHUTES at the Gorge!

Anyone who was at the Gorge last year would agree upon the majesty of that venue. This may be premature, but since Parachutes has not been played, I wondered if they are saving it for something special.

How awesome would it be for them to open with Parachutes at the gorge? I think it would be more than appropriate. What is everyones thoughts on this?
    Albany '03
    Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Philly '05
    Irving Plaza '06
    Albany '06
    Hartford '06
    Camden 1 '06
    East Rutherford 1 '06
    East Rutherford 2 '06
    MSG 1 '08
    MSG 2 '08
    Philly 4 '09
    MSG 1 '10
    MSG 2 '10
    Alpine 1 '11
    Alpine 2 '11
    Made in America '12
    Worcester 2 '13
    Brooklyn 1 '13
    Brooklyn 2 '13
    Philly 2 '13
    Philly 2 '16
    Boston 1 '16
    Bubba wrote:
    Haha, I know, just fuckin with ya. We were hungry so we had to go on our little excursion for food.

As for lame things, I saw a lot of lame things this weekend!
    i was starving too, if i had known that you guys wanted to get food i would have gone with
    Bednarz42 wrote:
    #1 05-15-2006, 01:19 PM
    Released Me
    Ghost Join Date: Apr 2006

PJ, please open with PARACHUTES at the Gorge!

Anyone who was at the Gorge last year would agree upon the majesty of that venue. This may be premature, but since Parachutes has not been played, I wondered if they are saving it for something special.

How awesome would it be for them to open with Parachutes at the gorge? I think it would be more than appropriate. What is everyones thoughts on this?

i saw that thread, i thought it would be in my best interest to ignore it
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I was just thinking about that loosely last night and this morning in some context...

Yes, I am.

However, I believe that I have had some feelings brewing here and there about some things for a little while, but they were nothing to speak of. I think once the album came out it was the last straw taste wise for me.
    While the album is of a personal preference type criticism, the merchandising I believe is another issue all together. While Pearl Jam is displayed, through their own design, as anti-establishment, and moreso in the past in light of their recent publicity push for the new album (eg. AOL Sessions for one) I believe that they are establishment. I think the fact that they sell merchandise, to the delight of the fans or not, is establishment. I think that the selling of sub-par quality materials and sizing at the Canadian/NA shows, and now continuing on this tour shows that they do not have approval or don't want it on theit items, and are willing to take the fans money. That is not "Pearl Jam" as I always had the ideal of them in my head in the past. In perspective, and growing up as fans of others themselves, they would not like their merchandise either, and I couldn't see Ed plunking down $28 to buy a 2 shirt that normally fits him having to go 1-2 sizes larger and be paper thin. I feel that while they are busy. etc. which is the nature of the business, it's no excuse because it's the nature of any business, they simply don't take or make the time to oversee some things that should be better handled with respect to us. I don't want more and I never asked for better, until now. It's not more that I am asking here form a greed standpoint, and better in a up-from-sub-par-quality standpoint. The bootlegs are another example. Let's cut some more corners. They are a huge sales boon for them and were at one time a great product, but are now over simplified and have horrible downloading issues, and are not edited well from what I have seen.

Ed bashes the President and the government at every show I've seen in recent memory, so maybe I'm just feeling this on my end with them and exercising it.

Just jumping on here to say I really, really enjoy the new album and can't wait for the Philly shows. That being said, I have to agree with you on the merchandise point. I'm not plunking down yet another $28 to get a shirt that is by far the worst quality concert T-shirts I've ever had. Did that on the Canadian tour. It wouldn't kill them to use Fruit of the Loom or Haynes or something. They did that on the Riot Act tour.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Bubba wrote:

Yes, I am.

While the album is of a personal preference type criticism, the merchandising I believe is another issue all together. While Pearl Jam is displayed, through their own design, as anti-establishment, and moreso in the past in light of their recent publicity push for the new album (eg. AOL Sessions for one) I believe that they are establishment. I think the fact that they sell merchandise, to the delight of the fans or not, is establishment. I think that the selling of sub-par quality materials and sizing at the Canadian/NA shows, and now continuing on this tour shows that they do not have approval or don't want it on theit items, and are willing to take the fans money. That is not "Pearl Jam" as I always had the ideal of them in my head in the past. In perspective, and growing up as fans of others themselves, they would not like their merchandise either, and I couldn't see Ed plunking down $28 to buy a 2 shirt that normally fits him having to go 1-2 sizes larger and be paper thin. I see that Eddie's woman was wearing the limited hoodie at Wrigley Field. It's great quality when it's free I'm sure, but not otherwise. I feel that while they are busy. etc. which is the nature of the business, it's no excuse because it's the nature of any business, they simply don't take or make the time to oversee some things that should be better handled with respect to us. I don't want more and I never asked for better, until now. It's not more that I am asking here form a greed standpoint, and better in a up-from-sub-par-quality standpoint. The bootlegs are another example. Let's cut some more corners. They are a huge sales boon for them and were at one time a great product, but are now over simplified and have horrible downloading issues, and are not edited well from what I have seen.

it cost me 2 bucks to play that song, dmx was on before it and i had to do the "play it now" feature, i just wish i could have stayed longer to play more songs. im really good at jukeboxes.
    thatgirl wrote:
    and im sure sean, it WASNT the lamest thing you have seen in months...
    Ok, Avocado/8/"PJ" was the lamest, but only up to that point. :D