**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    fanch75 wrote:
    Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am pleased to announce that a POPEYE'S CHICKEN will open on May 1 in my beloved Eastgate area. Located across from White Castle, the recently-renovated building will assuredly be the site of many late-night, drunken hunger runs to come.

"I went to this place and ordered some hot wings, and the waitress brought me out some wings and a shaker of pepper.

"I said, 'These ain't hot wings!'"

"And she said, 'Well this ain't POPEYES!"

is this a life altering event? i need to know how to gague my excitement. :)
    take your money and your drugs.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    grace6697 wrote:
    i will stop drinking fluids on july 18th.

oh, stop being such a big citygirl NYC primadonna.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    fanch75 wrote:
    Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am pleased to announce that a POPEYE'S CHICKEN will open on May 1 in my beloved Eastgate area. Located across from White Castle, the recently-renovated building will assuredly be the site of many late-night, drunken hunger runs to come.

"I went to this place and ordered some hot wings, and the waitress brought me out some wings and a shaker of pepper.

"I said, 'These ain't hot wings!'"

"And she said, 'Well this ain't POPEYES!"
    LOL yous crazie boy!

im really excited for the cheeseburger in paradise they are opening next month by my house :)
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 598
    grace6697 wrote:
    thrilled that the karma i wished you earlier went somewhere good. (dare i say better?) :)

There's no better place Grace ;). That is right where we needed it today. Thank you. I appreciate everyones' well wishes. I'm glad its the weekend.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
    fanch75 wrote:
    oh, stop being such a big citygirl NYC primadonna.

if you had female parts, you'd understand.
    There's no better place Grace ;). That is right where we needed it today. Thank you. I appreciate everyones' well wishes. I'm glad its the weekend.

my pleasure. :)
  • Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Opened up a Cheeseburger in Paradise near me in the past 2 months and I personally don't see the big deal. I know people that even go there every thurs night to hang out at the bar there. Wow, a Fridays/Chili's with no crap hanging on the walls that actually calls itself by what it sells. What an amazing concept.

I love a good burger like the next douche, but I don't see the big draw, aside from the one bartender that I'm acquainted with that I'm currently trying to mount.
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Opened up a Cheeseburger in Paradise near me in the past 2 months and I personally don't see the big deal. I know people that even go there every thurs night to hang out at the bar there. Wow, a Fridays/Chili's with no crap hanging on the walls that actually calls itself by what it sells. What an amazing concept.

I love a good burger like the next douche, but I don't see the big draw, aside from the one bartender that I'm acquainted with that I'm currently trying to mount.

The Cheeseburger in Paradise is a pretty tasty burger IMO. The atmosphere is pretty boring though. You can't even have fun with the servers because they are all young high school kids that would probably scream rape if you were to smile at them.

I love Fridays. Mine caught on fire, so I've been missing it lately. It's a nice relaxing place to hang out - plus the drinks are free. It will hopefully be opening up again next week!

well ive never been to one so im excited for it, i love bahama breeze so im assuming this will be just like it only closer! ive checked out the website and everything looks great.

and did you really just say mount? you are prob one of those sleezy guys that show up at a restaurant bar just to hit on the hot bartenders. my roommates in college worked at a sports bar and i heard stories all the time. yuck.

ps-i went to fridays tonight and it was spectacular!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    thatgirl wrote:
    you are prob one of those sleezy guys that show up at a restaurant bar just to hit on the hot bartenders. my roommates in college worked at a sports bar and i heard stories all the time. yuck.
    You really came back and added this as your edit? Take you that long to decide to add that?

No, actually I was always the guy on the inside that was working with and getting the hot bartenders while watching those aforementioned sleazy guys hit on them, while I laughed a deep, deep belly laugh as they were turned away time after time. I would then retire to my apartment, with said bartender, that was filled many many leather bound books and smelled of rich mahogany for some late night adult fun.

Seems you and your roommates were preyed upon quite often during those oh so impressionable and encouragable college years at "dub-c" as you call it.
  • JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    thatgirl wrote:
    well ive never been to one so im excited for it, i love bahama breeze so im assuming this will be just like it only closer! ive checked out the website and everything looks great.

and did you really just say mount? you are prob one of those sleezy guys that show up at a restaurant bar just to hit on the hot bartenders. my roommates in college worked at a sports bar and i heard stories all the time. yuck.

ps-i went to fridays tonight and it was spectacular!
    Cheeseburger in Paradise is pretty good, nice environment, but I've been to a bunch of places just like it. Bahama Breeze is okay, ate there once, but it's not somewhere I'd care to eat at again. If I had to choose between those two places, Cheeseburger in Paradise wins hands-down. Where are they opening it at? I tend to prefer more of the privately owned bar/pub places to hang out at- that's where my friends and I usually go. However, the Fridays down by me offers an AWESOME happy hour all week long with free food and $2 Long Islands, Cosmo's, and Margaritas- kinda hard to beat that.
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    Cheeseburger in Paradise is pretty good, nice environment, but I've been to a bunch of places just like it. Bahama Breeze is okay, ate there once, but it's not somewhere I'd care to eat at again. If I had to choose between those two places, Cheeseburger in Paradise wins hands-down. Where are they opening it at? I tend to prefer more of the privately owned bar/pub places to hang out at- that's where my friends and I usually go. However, the Fridays down by me offers an AWESOME happy hour all week long with free food and $2 Long Islands, Cosmo's, and Margaritas- kinda hard to beat that.

POPEEEEEEEEEEEYE'S CHICKEN!

Red Robin's "Royal Burger" may win for best burger ever.
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,412
    thatgirl wrote:
    im not going to argue about this but animal and sennin were saying how it gets up into the mid to high 90's up by the gorge in the summer..yuck

its gonna be HOT up there at the gorge.....bring sun block and lots of bottled water cuz there is NOWHERE to get a drink.....i learned the hardway...had to bum some water from some other jammers in september....it was hot in september, cant imagine july
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
    I have purchased the pimp cup. I just have to finish "embellishing" it. :)
    thatgirl wrote:
    I have purchased the pimp cup. I just have to finish "embellishing" it. :)

novices need to know what said pimp cup is. :)
    grace6697 wrote:
    novices need to know what said pimp cup is. :)
    well....
    this is my preliminary sketch of what the final product will look like
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/julieholland/Random%20Pics/pimpcupdesign.jpg

and here is a real life pic...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/53/Lil-jon-and-eastside-boyz-kings-of-crunk.jpg/200px-Lil-jon-and-eastside-boyz-kings-of-crunk.jpg

pimp cup: a container that holds your pimp juice.
    Julie, you are hilarious. I like how you wrote "Fanch" on the pimp cup concept "design" photo. Ha! I can't wait to pour some Natty into it.

I understand the weather is shitty out there tonight. In Cincy it was 100% blue skies, 75 degrees. I'm laying low this weekend, sitting on the front porch with the basement windows down and STP's "Core" opus playing them. Yeah! Oh, and I'm having a Miller Lite :D

I share your affection for Cheeseburger in Paradise. We have one right here in my beloved EASTGATE. It is also very close to the new POPEYE'S CHICKEN location that I'm fired up about.

Gracie, should I put in 8? I've been trying to hold off some.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Julie, you are hilarious. I like how you wrote "Fanch" on the pimp cup concept "design" photo. Ha! I can't wait to pour some Natty into it.

I understand the weather is shitty out there tonight. In Cincy it was 100% blue skies, 75 degrees. I'm laying low this weekend, sitting on the front porch with the basement windows down and STP's "Core" opus playing them. Yeah! Oh, and I'm having a Miller Lite :D

I share your affection for Cheeseburger in Paradise. We have one right here in my beloved EASTGATE. It is also very close to the new POPEYE'S CHICKEN location that I'm fired up about.

i apologize that my design is a little small, when i put it on photobucket, for whatever reason it shrank...however i assure you that you can expect only the finest quality pimp cup, made by julie. each pimp cup is signed and numbered by the artist. they come with no guarantee. if you break it, i probably wont make you another one.
    the weather here is horrible. the worst part is when it rains it makes me go shopping. ive already spent too much $ and its only saturday :(
    thatgirl wrote:
    i apologize that my design is a little small, when i put it on photobucket, for whatever reason it shrank...however i assure you that you can expect only the finest quality pimp cup, made by julie.

How shall I christen (sp?) the cup?

aight, I'm going to throw in Oasis and go back out on the porch and admire the stars. It's so nice out. I'm sure I'll be back lata.
    thatgirl wrote:
    well....
    this is my preliminary sketch of what the final product will look like
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/julieholland/Random%20Pics/pimpcupdesign.jpg

and here is a real life pic...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/53/Lil-jon-and-eastside-boyz-kings-of-crunk.jpg/200px-Lil-jon-and-eastside-boyz-kings-of-crunk.jpg

pimp cup: a container that holds your pimp juice.

i love the design. it is ghetto fabulous.
    fanch75 wrote:

hold off on 8 and listen to yield. yield=excellent weekend music. that being said, you should listen to core...umm..never. :)
    fanch75 wrote:
    How shall I christen (sp?) the cup?

aight, I'm going to throw in Oasis and go back out on the porch and admire the stars. It's so nice out. I'm sure I'll be back lata.
    you have to slam you first beer out of it while listening to the final countdown
    grace6697 wrote:
    hold off on 8 and listen to yield. yield=excellent weekend music. that being said, you should listen to core...umm..never. :)

i think you're right. I'm gonna put in YIELD.

What is wrong with CORE? I met STP in 1992 when they played Huntington WV. They did a meet & greet and no one knew who they were. About 20 people showed up. I got my tape inlay signed, though! :) I remember talking about Kiss with Robert Deleo. CORE isn't the definitive STP album, I agree, but it is fucking GOOD. You have to agree with me.

Julie - DEAL! :)
    fanch75 wrote:
    i think you're right. I'm gonna put in YIELD.

What is wrong with CORE? I met STP in 1992 when they played Huntington WV. They did a meet & greet and no one knew who they were. About 20 people showed up. I got my tape inlay signed, though! :) I remember talking about Kiss with Robert Deleo. CORE isn't the definitive STP album, I agree, but it is fucking GOOD. You have to agree with me.

i have to agree with you? i'll do no such thing. :)

i fucking love stp but core sucks. it was their ripoff PJ album. once they found their own style, they fucking *owned*. those deleo brothers have an ear for melody like nobody's business.

i consider the purple album their debut. :)
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 598
    What a banner Saturday night.

My son didn't fall asleep until 9:30.
    It's pouring down rain outside.
    I'm listening to my dog lick herself as I surf the pit.

The only thing that would make this night any better would be if she kissed me before I went to sleep. :eek:

That is such a gross sound.

There is cold beer downstairs and I need one now.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
    grace6697 wrote:
    i have to agree with you? i'll do no such thing. :)

i fucking love stp but core sucks. it was their ripoff PJ album. once they found their own style, they fucking *owned*. those deleo brothers have an ear for melody like nobody's business.

i consider the purple album their debut. :)

When CORE was being recorded, PJ was still unknown, or TEN wasn't even released yet. TEN released 1991, CORE released 1992. I disagree.

PLUSH, to me, is the only PJ-like song. When the album came out, everyone said it sounded like Nirvana (Nevermind was big at the time as well). It's just the sound of the era.

#4 is my fav. It was Purple for years but I changed my mind a couple of years ago.
    STP kicks all ass.
    STP kicks all ass.

Dude, you mentioned that you love hamburgers. Have you ever had Red Robin's "Royal Burger"? A half-pound patty with a fried egg on top. YES.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,437
    cheeseburgers?????

Bills in chicago......

triple cheeseburger......
    bag of chips(no fries)
    chocolate malt............

i fucking love cheeseburgers.......
    mayo
    onion
    pickle(extra fucking pickles)
    giardinera
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    fanch75 wrote:
    When CORE was being recorded, PJ was still unknown, or TEN wasn't even released yet. TEN released 1991, CORE released 1992. I disagree.

PLUSH, to me, is the only PJ-like song. When the album came out, everyone said it sounded like Nirvana (Nevermind was big at the time as well). It's just the sound of the era.

#4 is my fav. It was Purple for years but I changed my mind a couple of years ago.

#4 rocks.

Down kicks ass live and Atlanta is just flat out awesome.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I'm monitoring this thread for all STP activity. Be careful what you say!