Options

Virginia Beach!

Comments

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    I'm strongly considering going for the simple fact that it's the closest place to me where the Kings of Leon are opening.

I'm still going to MSG and Mansfield, but would love to be able to see KoL again. We'll see.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Redlegs wrote:
    That makes two of us

party

I'm strongly considering going for the simple fact that it's the closest place to me where the Kings of Leon are opening.

I'm still going to MSG and Mansfield, but would love to be able to see KoL again. We'll see.

that was my thing, I would LOVE to see them at MSG, but I would rather see KOL than NYC if you know what I mean
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    so you think you got a good rate on your room?

don't forget to add 13% tax
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i say might as well tailgate afterwards because it takes forever to get out of there after a show. :)

hey, don't forget there's a slew of hotels off greenbriar exit which is one exit away if you access the amp from indian river road. (hotels off jarman rd)

i can't think of a cool meet up place by the amp either. maybe the new buffalo wings by the new Kohl’s? whattya think?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    We'll be staying at the Wynnwood Inn I think. However, I'd love to hang out with you people so we'll def. go where the meet up will be!!!!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    Traffic hint:
    And stay off Hampton roads bridge tunnel. Well between 3pm to 8pm
    It’s a bitch.
    Take monitor Merrimac (664) it looks longer but it’s worth it. only about 10 difference depending on where you're going.

Definitely! Allow plenty of time for traffic. I was stuck in traffic for 2-3 hours one time because there was a fire in the tunnel!
  • Options
    Am I going to be able to take a cab to and from my hotel? I probably would be doing society a big favor by not driving after the show
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    From what I remember at past shows here, there are usually cabs out on the main road.
  • Options
    ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    anyone know what the absolute closest hotel(s) are?
  • Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    From what I remember at past shows here, there are usually cabs out on the main road.

and how far is the main road from where we will be when the show lets out?
  • Options
    ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I will be chillin at the Holiday Inn

which holiday inn?
  • Options
    ballbag wrote:
    which holiday inn?

da one by da beach mon
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    da one by da beach mon

:D:D:D:D

• Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,069
    Let me know the final meet up place. I'd love to meet up with some of you guys.
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    Let me know the final meet up place. I'd love to meet up with some of you guys.

I plan on throwing a party in my hotel room much like the one Michael Scott throws in the episode of The Office when they attend the convention.

and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, it involves me drinking cosmos by myself in a room with a strobe light and a discoball while wearing white jeans. So you are welcome to attend
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,069
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I plan on throwing a party in my hotel room much like the one Michael Scott throws in the episode of The Office when they attend the convention.

and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, it involves me drinking cosmos by myself in a room with a strobe light and a discoball while wearing white jeans. So you are welcome to attend

I got it. LOL
  • Options
    1 hour, 45 minutes!
  • Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    1 hour, 45 minutes!

so am I taking this correctly, it doesn't matter when you buy your presale because it just goes by seniority anyway? I know that rows 1/2 and 9/10 are random, but if I buy mine at 12 and someone with a lower 10c # buys theirs at 3, they still get better seats right?
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    so am I taking this correctly, it doesn't matter when you buy your presale because it just goes by seniority anyway? I know that rows 1/2 and 9/10 are random, but if I buy mine at 12 and someone with a lower 10c # buys theirs at 3, they still get better seats right?

Yeah I think that's right
  • Options
    Pearl Jen wrote:
    Yeah I think that's right

son of a bitch, my 10c # sucks ass
  • Options
    You are right, unless the sell out by 3 (dont see that happening). Your number might suck, but based on the lack of people talking about this show, you might do better than you think!
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    son of a bitch, my 10c # sucks ass

i thought if you have a stinky number, you could end up in the front and an oldtimer with a good number could end up far away?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    i thought if you have a stinky number, you could end up in the front and an oldtimer with a good number could end up far away?

yeah for most people that would apply but I'm the most unlucky person in the 10c. I won't win, I don't even consider winning a possibility. I have never won anything in my life. I'm from Cleveland too, so I jinxed a whole sports town with my unluckiness.
  • Options
    Rows 1,2,9,10 are random selection. Everything else is based on seniority.
  • Options
    alright, i'm ready to pound the shit out of the refresh button. :)

• Options

all you have to do is have firefox and keep clicking on 'tickets'..it will appear...no need to hit refresh. I'm 11/11 on getting posters with this method
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443

lmao!!! Right there with ya!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    first!
  • Options
    smooth sailing

got them right away! yay!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Got them!