Reebok...are you kidding me???

13»

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm not into the marketing fitness as "extreme" with the crossfit thing. If you ever watched it and are into fitness it would make you cringe. Bad message. Excercise should not be handled as an extreme sport...very unhealthy. And the cheat on your girlfriend thing is pretty self explanatory.

Speaking of the crossfit, a friend of mine brought it up over the weekend and said she was going to try it out. I think I did a good job of convincing her to really research it before she just threw herself into it!

Yeah the research is the key. Youtube is a great place to see videos of what they do and anyone not associated with crossfit (meaning selling it) who have a background in fitness and health pretty much agree it's not the greatest. Hopefully your friend doesn't catch trhe bug.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,199
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I thought it was an ok ad. got your attention. and if you took it seriously? really?

Exactly. The extreme moral outrage always makes me giggle. Thou doth protest too much, right? Kinda like when you see some right wing congressman railing against the gays. You know it's only a matter of time before he's nabbed in a bathroom stall.
    pjl44 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I thought it was an ok ad. got your attention. and if you took it seriously? really?

Exactly. The extreme moral outrage always makes me giggle. Thou doth protest too much, right? Kinda like when you see some right wing congressman railing against the gays. You know it's only a matter of time before he's nabbed in a bathroom stall.

What really got me was they lied about the ad and then admitted it. If you put something out there...own it.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Reebok is a dying company grasping at straws right now. Farewell.

what's your beef with reebok? is it just this and the crossfit thing? do you just not like their sneakers? :?

i don't understand all the reebok hate

I'm not into the marketing fitness as "extreme" with the crossfit thing. If you ever watched it and are into fitness it would make you cringe. Bad message. Excercise should not be handled as an extreme sport...very unhealthy. And the cheat on your girlfriend thing is pretty self explanatory.

yeah i've seen videos and read about crossfit. i think if it wasn't reebok, it would have been some other apparel company though.

the marketing gimmick doesn't really bother me. from my understanding it was a very small campaign in germany or something. it generated some interest in reebok at, probably, a low cost so i guess it worked.
    www.myspace.com
    the marketing gimmick doesn't really bother me. from my understanding it was a very small campaign in germany or something. it generated some interest in reebok at, probably, a low cost so i guess it worked.

It pissed off a lot of women and women are the primary purchasers of Reebok fitness apparal. I don't have a vendetta against Reebok I just like pointing out the stupid. :lol:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    DS1119 wrote:

It pissed off a lot of women and women are the primary purchasers of Reebok fitness apparal. I don't have a vendetta against Reebok I just like pointing out the stupid. :lol:

i don't think most people even know about this. plus there was also a "cheat on your boyfriend" one too.

guess it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    DS1119 wrote:

They knew they would get sued. Benefits outweigh the risks, I'm sure.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

It's like their in a gangbang just taking it from every angle right now. :lol::lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

It's like their in a gangbang just taking it from every angle right now. :lol::lol:

Haha, yeah, I would have done the same if I were them though. Why not make a few extra bucks and take the risk of being sued. They'll come out of it ahead, I would imagine.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Reebok is a dying company grasping at straws right now. Farewell.

what's your beef with reebok? is it just this and the crossfit thing? do you just not like their sneakers? :?

i don't understand all the reebok hate

I don't have a feeling one way or other on Reebok, I don't buy their sneakers, but I don't hate them.

That said, their NFL gear blows big time. Everything is horrible, everything. Aside from jerseys, I have one Giants hoodie, the one they wear on the sidelines, some SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS ( :thumbup: )gear and that's about it because it all sucks. I can't wait for a Nike Giants hoodie. Those will be sweet.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Haha, yeah, I would have done the same if I were them though. Why not make a few extra bucks and take the risk of being sued. They'll come out of it ahead, I would imagine.

I just don't understand why Adidas doesn't merge the two companies and do away with Reebok. After the NFL contract expires I don't really know what they bring to the table anymore. :?
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I just don't understand why Adidas doesn't merge the two companies and do away with Reebok. After the NFL contract expires I don't really know what they bring to the table anymore. :?

Logic says it would make sense, but they obviously think Reebok is making more money as a stand alone brand than it would if they merged it with Adidas. I hear you though, we'll see how they do after they lose this. That was obviously the biggest thing they had going for them.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Logic says it would make sense, but they obviously think Reebok is making more money as a stand alone brand than it would if they merged it with Adidas. I hear you though, we'll see how they do after they lose this. That was obviously the biggest thing they had going for them.

They could bring back this guy. :lol:

174753-agassi.jpg