Reebok...are you kidding me???

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
No wonder why this brand is epically struggling. Who's the Einstein that came up with this? :roll:

http://now.msn.com/money/0321-reebok-ad-pulled.aspx

crossfit.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I cheated on my workout with a Krispy Kreme this morning.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'm cheating on my workout today as well...I don't like Yoga.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    DS1119 wrote:
    No wonder why this brand is epically struggling. Who's the Einstein that came up with this? :roll:

crossfit.jpg

Someone needs to tell Rush Limbaugh about this campaign so he can make a bigger ass of himself.

really though, that is a terrible ad campaign - I wonder what firm accepted thousands (if not millions) of Reebok's $'s to come up with that crap.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    shep wrote:

really though, that is a terrible ad campaign - I wonder what firm accepted thousands (if not millions) of Reebok's $'s to come up with that crap.

I wonder if the person that approved it has cleared their desk yet? :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    That for real pisses me off. (gonna sound like an old bag here) Kids are totally impressionable and seeing stuff like this is totally going to justify them acting a fool...then they grow up to be total a$$holes. Just like watching the idiots on the Jersey shore makes them want to drink themselves into a coma and tan themselves to death. Pure ridiculousness!

And then they wonder why over half of marriages end in divorce :roll:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    That for real pisses me off. (gonna sound like an old bag here) Kids are totally impressionable and seeing stuff like this is totally going to justify them acting a fool...then they grow up to be total a$$holes. Just like watching the idiots on the Jersey shore makes them want to drink themselves into a coma and tan themselves to death. Pure ridiculousness!

I-agree.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    DS1119 wrote:
    shep wrote:

I wonder if the person that approved it has cleared their desk yet? :lol:

Probably not. You're talking about it, aren't you. ;)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Mamasan23 wrote:

+1..this is the total bullshit..wtf they were thinking?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

All publicity is not always good publicity.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

All publicity is not always good publicity.

I hear you. I am pretty certain this was planned though. There would be more expensive placements if they were serious about it. Come up with a controversial ad, place it in a cheap place and generate more publicity for free..
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    if you cheat on your girlfreind or boyfreind and do it ruight, thats a work out in it's self.

Win Win
    if you cheat on your girlfreind or boyfreind and do it ruight, thats a work out in it's self.

Win Win

is that how you get your workouts in? :roll:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    RKCNDY wrote:

Win Win

You wana work out with me?
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    RKCNDY wrote:

Win Win

Do it!

I want to see a sex tape of Uma getting it on with a south park character!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    RKCNDY wrote:

Win Win

:sick:

- Christopher McCandless
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I hear you. I am pretty certain this was planned though. There would be more expensive placements if they were serious about it. Come up with a controversial ad, place it in a cheap place and generate more publicity for free..

For some reason I've become engrossed with this today. :lol: They are struggling and took a hit when they aligned themselves with crossfit which is a pretty controversial workout regimen. I'm not really sure stirring up negative publicity was a plan. People who were complaining to Reebok via email all last week over the ad were sent out responses from the company that they didn't approve or create the ad then basically did a 180 today and admitted they made a mistake. Pretty much they admitted to lying. I'll see if I can find a copy of those emails that were sent out. I did see one on Facebook.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

For some reason I've become engrossed with this today. :lol: They are struggling and took a hit when they aligned themselves with crossfit which is a pretty controversial workout regimen. I'm not really sure stirring up negative publicity was a plan. People who were complaining to Reebok via email all last week over the ad were sent out responses from the company that they didn't approve or create the ad then basically did a 180 today and admitted they made a mistake. Pretty much they admitted to lying. I'll see if I can find a copy of those emails that were sent out. I did see one on Facebook.

I didn't see all that. Just based that opinion off the link. Claiming they didn't approve it is just about the most idiotic response possible.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I didn't see all that. Just based that opinion off the link. Claiming they didn't approve it is just about the most idiotic response possible.

This coming off of their lawsuit settlement for false advertising and settling for 25 million.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2011/09/reebok.shtm
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

This coming off of their lawsuit settlement for false advertising and settling for 25 million.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2011/09/reebok.shtm

I did see that in Ad Age. Didn't read the article though. Big settlement.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Adidas should just pull the plug and cut their losses.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Reebok has the NFL though. That is a gigantic piece of business.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

They could just start putting their Adidias logos on the swag. :lol:
    edited March 2012
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Not any more. Come April it's all NIKE. That's why every team has jerseys 50% off right now.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Not any more. Come April it's all NIKE.

Really? I didn't know this. That will be sweet. Gear will be much better. Reebok shit blows.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Really? I didn't know this. That will be sweet. Gear will be much better. Reebok shit blows.

Yup. I've been getting emails from the Eagles weekly about everything being sale. No jokes please.
    Get ready for every NFL team to look like Oregon :shock:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Once I started cheating on my workouts, I realized it wasn't right, so we got divorced!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

I give Reebok a year.
  • DS1119 wrote:

crossfit.jpg

I think it has a different meaning. It's a giant picture of the guy's right hand, not of another woman.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • JK_Livin wrote:

NIKE might let Reebok keep the Saints. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011