solo at the bar?

13»

Comments

• Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    the wolf wrote:
    Undoubted they are feeling bad for you Pam.

:lol: Never know!! :lol:
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    the wolf wrote:
    I figured out why I have/had a problem with flying solo at the bar.

My dad owned a bar most of my life, and i just remember the same people Sitting at his bar every night. They had no place else to go. I remember feeling sorry for them even when I was young. Thy Sat there and drank their lives away. I guess I just associate it with that, and i guess it just makes me sad because, everyone should have some place to go, and someone to go to.
    totally know how you feel in a way. My grandpa used to be a bartender at a bar as a 2nd job. Whenever my grandmother would stop in there, I'd always see the same few guys sitting on the same stool.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    That was totally supposed to say "i doubt". Freakin auto correct.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • I don't have handy neighborhood bars around here to go to but I could see myself going alone whenever i got the urge if I did. I've only hung out in bars solo when I've traveled for work though. Once in muscle shoals, AL i was hanging out in this dive, got kind of friendly with the female bartender and she allowed me to stay inside and continued serving me for like an hour after closing time. That was actually a fun trip :D
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    the wolf wrote:
    Anyone else ever go it alone at the bar?

I have no problems drinking alone at a pub when I'm in another country. There's the novelty of being somewhere new and chatting to the locals and making friends. I find it quite a lonely experience in Dublin though, because the novelty isn't there, I guess. There's the same aul lads sitting in the corner sippin' on their pints of Guinness for the evening. At least they're together in their lonliness :lol:

ETA - I'm female, and I've never let that stop me from going to the pub on my tobler!

I remember watching a documentary on Lemmy (from Motorhead), and I found it sad that he went to his local on his own and played the slot machine.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    When I'm out of town on business I usually end up at a bar by myself at the end of the day. I'm a fairly outgoing person, so it's easy for me to chat people up and make new friends by the end of the night. You can really meet some interesting people when you're out alone!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2