They know they gettin' it from me
    They know just where to go when they need their lovin man
    They know I doin’ it for free

They give me cat scratch fever
    Cat scratch fever
    Thry gotta bad scratch fever
    The cat scratch fever
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Dustin51Dustin51 Posts: 222
    whoa whoa whoa...ok, when on stage they are entertaining...they are putting on a show. I'm sure Eddie has no plan of actually harming the Vice President.

Ted Nugent is lame. His songs are lame and his political viewpoints are dated but he has as much right to them as anyone. In a debate between Ted and Ed I think we all win!

ANd...Whoever is defending Ann Coulter, you have issues. To say that she is right about Dems on this board and in regards to Eddie is just clouding the debate. Because to the best of my knowledge Eddie is no Democrat...and he sure aint no Republican either...he is a patriot/I love my country/ because my country...etc...etc
    Be excellent to each other
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    It sickens me when I hear Ted Nugent speak. I used to be such a huge fan of his, but I think he's just gone around the bend.

And for the conservatives posting here, please try to come up with some original thoughts. You're great at "managing the message", but America is on to you. Repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    How do I know he can't take it? Well, listen to a show and how many immature shots he takes at various republicans. Listen to his reaction to the Uniondale crowd. He sure wasn't singing the tune at the show that he was at New Jersey #1 this year.

Ann Coulter is completely correct

I stopped reading here.
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    gordon189 wrote:
    I thought he said Ann Coulter.

he did!
    take your money and your drugs.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jeffbr wrote:
    Ted would eat Ed alive in a debate. Has anyone ever actually heard Ed debate? I haven't. He's good at mumbling through one liners that nobody understands. Ted, on the other hand, had a radio talk show, is very articulate, and has spent decades debating. You may disagree with Ted's politics, but if any of you think Eddie would win any sort of public speaking event you're blinded by love.

When Ed went on his rant about RS he was very good and understandable, Nugent plays to the media and is a good ass kissing media type, as lond as they talk about what he wants, on the otherhand for the most part PJ has avoided the media, so there not as polished as TN.

One thing I know for sure is ED cares enough about young people and people in general to not like the war. It appears TN likes this war but was not so fond of Viet Nam, why is that?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    At least PJ still writes good music and puts on great shows, I saw TN a few years back, and he sucks in concert, the only place that he does well at the box office is in Detroit, the rest of the time is the state fair circuit. When's the last time he wrote a decent song? He's had years of practice with the media, where as PJ has shyed away from the media, and for good reason. PJ doesn't have to resort to VH1 to try and put a band together to create music with other washed up musicians. PJ doesn't attack their fans like TN and Mettalica did by being so vocal about napster. Everybody can choose who hey want to listen to, but as far as I'm concerned PJ is by far one of the best bands in the world, and I respect their politics and especially them not liking the war.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

beemster wrote:
    ...PJ doesn't have to resort to VH1 to try and put a band together to create music with other washed up musicians...

Just to go on the record, the day that any member of PJ agrees to be on a reality show is the day I shoot my television.
  • frisbiefrisbie Posts: 14
    igotid88 wrote:
    How do you know he can't take it? And it's conservatives who can't take it. Ann Coulter cries that they don't have a voice when the conservatives own the so called "liberal media".
    This whole type of spin on arguments is what is wrong with political debate in this country. We get in this third grade type of argument where one person classifies all liberals/democrats one way and all conservative/republicans another. I used to loathe Ann Coulter's and love the Michael Moore's. I now loathe anyone who dismisses something as only a democrat, liberal, conservative, or republican problem. I loathe anyone who is blatantly dishonest in the hopes of dividing people. People need to seek their own truth and become educated, not just listen to pundits and regurgitate what they say. Additionally, people need to not just dismiss someone's belief as liberal/conservative nonsense and have a good discussion instead.

Also, I don't mean to quote only the post above, I mean to quote any post that dismisses any argument as only liberal or conservative . . .

I'm not red or blue . . . I'm purple, but I do tend to disagree more with reds on social policy
    10/01/96, 08/22/98, 08/28/98, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 08/27/00, 09/01/00, 12/08/02, 04/18/03, 04/28/03, 04/29/03, 05/02/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 10/03/05, 05/12/06, 05/30/06

Remove yourself from comfort, all progress involves risk.
  • wilfmiss wrote:
    I stopped reading here.

I agree with you there. That woman is freaking INSANE. After the September 11th attacks the idiot said and I quote "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." There are so many insane things that this incredibly unstable woman has said, I could take up a whole page with her nutty quotes but I think the icing on the cake was when she told a disabled Vietnam veteran that it was people like him that made them lose the war in Vietnam. And who could forget her comments about the 9-11 widows and her rants about how all democrats are godless. She needs to be locked up.
    Who made up, made up the myth
    that we were born to be covered in bliss?
    who set the standard, born to be rich?
    such fine examples, skinny little bitch
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
    get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
    i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
  • beemster wrote:
    At least PJ still writes good music and puts on great shows, I saw TN a few years back, and he sucks in concert, the only place that he does well at the box office is in Detroit, the rest of the time is the state fair circuit. When's the last time he wrote a decent song? He's had years of practice with the media, where as PJ has shyed away from the media, and for good reason. PJ doesn't have to resort to VH1 to try and put a band together to create music with other washed up musicians. PJ doesn't attack their fans like TN and Mettalica did by being so vocal about napster. Everybody can choose who hey want to listen to, but as far as I'm concerned PJ is by far one of the best bands in the world, and I respect their politics and especially them not liking the war.

I agree with everything you said except the parts regarding washed up musicians. I happen to think that Jason Bonham is very talented and love Scott Ian. I just think they got sucked into the show before they gave it enough thought.
    I happen to think that Jason Bonham is very talented and love Scott Ian. I just think they got sucked into the show before they gave it enough thought.

The show would be watchable if Sebastian Bach wasn't involved. They clearly cast him because he's a fuck-up drama queen. He's ruining the show the same way he ruined Skid Row.
  • AbnerielAbneriel Posts: 109
    I agree with you there. That woman is freaking INSANE. After the September 11th attacks the idiot said and I quote "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." There are so many insane things that this incredibly unstable woman has said, I could take up a whole page with her nutty quotes but I think the icing on the cake was when she told a disabled Vietnam veteran that it was people like him that made them lose the war in Vietnam. And who could forget her comments about the 9-11 widows and her rants about how all democrats are godless. She needs to be locked up.
    I disagree with Ann Coulter on a lot of things, but some of you fail to realize that she's a satirist and uses a ton of sarcasm in her messages. Just as Eddie went and said "kill" the VP, although I'd imagine he doesn't really want anyone killed, just removed from office. Ann does this same thing, but on a conservative side.

Once again, I don't think it's right either way, but people seem to take everything she or Eddie or whoever says WAY too literally
    www.myspace.com/abneriel
    I agree with everything you said except the parts regarding washed up musicians. I happen to think that Jason Bonham is very talented and love Scott Ian. I just think they got sucked into the show before they gave it enough thought.

Good point, I am impressed with Jason Bonham, but mostly because I think his dad was one of the top 2 or 3 rock drummers of all time. But musically TN has not done anythink worthwhile in an awefull long time.

nukeboot wrote:
    Just to go on the record, the day that any member of PJ agrees to be on a reality show is the day I shoot my television.
    I am with you there! That day will probably never come, I like to think that notebook Ed carries around is full of wonderful yet unrecorded music that someday we will get to hear and enjoy.

• I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    can anyone defend Ed when he wished Dick Cheany dead? I can pinpoint which Canada show it was if need be, did anyone else here this? Was it ever discussed?

Hahaha...kill Cheney? I'd like to see him try.

Most Washington insiders know that Dick Cheney actually died from a heart attack in 1998, at which point his brain was implanted into a cyborg robot developed by Halliburton. No, my friends, Mr. Cheney will be alive and well, waging unjust wars and maintaining the military-industrial complex, long after the rest of us are pushing up daisies.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • TexJamTexJam Posts: 31
    vedhead19 wrote:
    Ted Nugent is a fucking cartoon character. And not one of the funny ones. I wish he would just shut the hell up. Its 2006 you don't need to hunt to eat, go to the fucking grocery store stupid!

How tolerant. maybe he enjoys hunting. More power to him.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
    nukeboot wrote:
    It sickens me when I hear Ted Nugent speak. I used to be such a huge fan of his, but I think he's just gone around the bend.

And for the conservatives posting here, please try to come up with some original thoughts. You're great at "managing the message", but America is on to you. Repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.

the same can be said of you "liberals".
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
    TexJam wrote:
    the same can be said of you "liberals".

Sorry. but it just doesn't apply as much to Liberals. In fact, it's a political weakness for us - too many divergent ideas and shades of grey. Plus, we don't have our own Karl Rove who faxes us our talking points every day...:D
    nukeboot wrote:
    Sorry. but it just doesn't apply as much to Liberals. In fact, it's a political weakness for us - too many divergent ideas and shades of grey. Plus, we don't have our own Karl Rove who faxes us our talking points every day...:D

Ummm....wrong.

Bush Lies, People Die
    Haliburton
    WMDs
    etc etc.

The "liberal wackos", not all "liberals" mind you, repeat the same damn thing over and over. They try to sound "educated", but usually too ignorant to come up with anything that rings true. Yes, politics are corrupt. But that goes for both parties. The one thing I respect about Ed is that, like me, he sees the corruption in both parties. But you have to choose your evils I guess.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
    TexJam wrote:
    Ummm....wrong.

Bush Lies, People Die
    Haliburton
    WMDs

There's nothing wrong with repeating the truth. Sorry if it's uncomfortable for you...
    nukeboot wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with repeating the truth. Sorry if it's uncomfortable for you...

So you just made my point about repeating stuff. Duh!

Besides, just because a "lib" says its true, doesn't make it so.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid.
    **Houston 92
    **Houston 00
    **Houston 03
    TexJam wrote:
    Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

Hahaha.

Thanks for making my point for me with the Kool Aid cliche...
  • manapa99manapa99 Posts: 4
    i think the biggest thing we can all get from this is that we need to step up and say we're not going to stand for all the misleading facts and all the lies just to get our eyes off the truth. The US gov. has played us all for fools and it's time to stand up and stop it. Fox news is clearly owned and run by republicans they have a news source that is basicly controlled by a gov. party. and i know it's not just them although theirs is much more blaitant... but this should never have happened and we should all be able to agree on that point we need real objective and no opinionated news from educated journalists, not people who wanna spend all day calling people names and telling us how to think and feel. things like fox news amounts to propaganda and we should not put up with it.
    Those are the messages i got from the Fuck you fox news comments
    the gov. and big corps are taking control of our media and they will use it to abuse us and control.
    it's time to look past the petty squabbles they try to insite and to look at the truth....
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    sure why not, ill drink to that, FUCK TED NUGENT
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    sure why not, ill drink to that, FUCK TED NUGENT

Being the sex addict he is I'm sure Teddy would love it...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • I_Got_Shit wrote:
    Most Washington insiders know that Dick Cheney actually died from a heart attack in 1998, at which point his brain was implanted into a cyborg robot developed by Halliburton. No, my friends, Mr. Cheney will be alive and well, waging unjust wars and maintaining the military-industrial complex, long after the rest of us are pushing up daisies.

thanks for splicing some humor into this enthralling debate "liberals v conservatives" red v blue "democrates v republicans" c'mon...there is more than black and white in each argument...dont miss out on the nuances - life is filled with them.

maybe Eddie Vedder was just talkin shit...he is entitled to views on subjects other than music...after all he isn't a freakin jukebox (altho he does tend to swallow quarters...) and he was givin ted nugent crap for some of his views....whooo hoooo. it must be a huge tangled web of hatred and opinions. or, one musician was talkin shit about another in a humorous way...
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    thanks for splicing some humor into this enthralling debate "liberals v conservatives" red v blue "democrates v republicans" c'mon...there is more than black and white in each argument...dont miss out on the nuances - life is filled with them.

maybe Eddie Vedder was just talkin shit...he is entitled to views on subjects other than music...after all he isn't a freakin jukebox (altho he does tend to swallow quarters...) and he was givin ted nugent crap for some of his views....whooo hoooo. it must be a huge tangled web of hatred and opinions. or, one musician was talkin shit about another in a humorous way...

One elitist to another.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    frisbie wrote:
    This whole type of spin on arguments is what is wrong with political debate in this country. We get in this third grade type of argument where one person classifies all liberals/democrats one way and all conservative/republicans another. I used to loathe Ann Coulter's and love the Michael Moore's. I now loathe anyone who dismisses something as only a democrat, liberal, conservative, or republican problem. I loathe anyone who is blatantly dishonest in the hopes of dividing people. People need to seek their own truth and become educated, not just listen to pundits and regurgitate what they say. Additionally, people need to not just dismiss someone's belief as liberal/conservative nonsense and have a good discussion instead.

Also, I don't mean to quote only the post above, I mean to quote any post that dismisses any argument as only liberal or conservative . . .

I'm not red or blue . . . I'm purple, but I do tend to disagree more with reds on social policy

I don't mind I always feel ignored here.
    I miss igotid88
  • Abneriel wrote:
    I disagree with Ann Coulter on a lot of things, but some of you fail to realize that she's a satirist and uses a ton of sarcasm in her messages. Just as Eddie went and said "kill" the VP, although I'd imagine he doesn't really want anyone killed, just removed from office. Ann does this same thing, but on a conservative side.

Once again, I don't think it's right either way, but people seem to take everything she or Eddie or whoever says WAY too literally

Satire is to be used lightly. When venom is the only thing that comes out of her mouth, she is no longer a satirist, she becomes a hate monger. She crosses the line of satire way too much to be just a satirist. And I've never took anything Ed says too seriously. He doesn't even take himself seriously most of the time. ;)