Fuck Ted Nugent??

none2fragilenone2fragile Posts: 44
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Was it just me or did Ed say "fuck Ted Nugent" after he said "fuck rolling stone" at the Cincy concert? It sure sounded like it. He must be watching super group on VH1. LOL.
Who made up, made up the myth
that we were born to be covered in bliss?
who set the standard, born to be rich?
such fine examples, skinny little bitch
model, role model, roll some models in blood
get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• which is kind of funny b/c mike tagged stranglehold last time they were in Cincy proper.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • which is kind of funny b/c mike tagged stranglehold last time they were in Cincy proper.

I can only assume that if he did say it that it surely has to do with Ted's political views. It would be a pay per view event just putting those two in the same room together for a day.
    Who made up, made up the myth
    that we were born to be covered in bliss?
    who set the standard, born to be rich?
    such fine examples, skinny little bitch
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
    get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
    i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
  • vedhead19vedhead19 Posts: 89
    Ted Nugent is a fucking cartoon character. And not one of the funny ones. I wish he would just shut the hell up. Its 2006 you don't need to hunt to eat, go to the fucking grocery store stupid!
    are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?

can't escape from the common rule if you hate something, don't you do it too

• slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    fuckin love stranglehold
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'd actually love to see Ed and Ted (hehe) debate on Crossfire or something along those lines.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    vedhead19 wrote:
    Ted Nugent is a fucking cartoon character. And not one of the funny ones. I wish he would just shut the hell up. Its 2006 you don't need to hunt to eat, go to the fucking grocery store stupid!

Holy shit this made me laugh out loud! I loved the grocery store line.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • There's a lot of reasons not to like Ted. He's an arrogant self-centered washed up guitar player who enjoys his glorified version of a pellet gun.
    Hail Hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love
  • Was it just me or did Ed say "fuck Ted Nugent" after he said "fuck rolling stone" at the Cincy concert? It sure sounded like it. He must be watching super group on VH1. LOL.
    I was tryin to figure out who he said after rolling stone, i wasn't sure.
    6/24/06-Cincinnati, Best night of my life!!!
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    which is kind of funny b/c mike tagged stranglehold last time they were in Cincy proper.

and at DTE in michigan Ed changed lyrics to Glorified G to "that's ok man cuz i love Ted"...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • gordon189gordon189 Posts: 60
    I thought he said Ann Coulter.
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Cat Scratch Fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    gordon189 wrote:
    I thought he said Ann Coulter.

That was at the end of Leash. After he said "Fuck Fox News." At least Fox news doesn't hate America enough to publish every national security-sensitive secret they can find. Ed's a typical liberal who can dish it out, but can't take it.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I'd actually love to see Ed and Ted (hehe) debate on Crossfire or something along those lines.

Ted would eat Ed alive in a debate. Has anyone ever actually heard Ed debate? I haven't. He's good at mumbling through one liners that nobody understands. Ted, on the other hand, had a radio talk show, is very articulate, and has spent decades debating. You may disagree with Ted's politics, but if any of you think Eddie would win any sort of public speaking event you're blinded by love.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • pjhawkpjhawk Posts: 20
    jeffbr wrote:
    Ted would eat Ed alive in a debate. Has anyone ever actually heard Ed debate? I haven't. He's good at mumbling through one liners that nobody understands. Ted, on the other hand, had a radio talk show, is very articulate, and has spent decades debating. You may disagree with Ted's politics, but if any of you think Eddie would win any sort of public speaking event you're blinded by love.

Everyone knows that in a debate the person that ends more sentences with the word, "jack" will win the debate, so hands down Ted Nugent would win. I personally would never want to debate such a force of "jack," that and I would get tired of being yelled at after about 3 minutes.

Also, radio DJ does not equal good debator, he might have a good voice, and he might think quickly on his feet, but with a radio show you can mute who you are debating, in a debate you can't do that.
  • markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    jeffbr wrote:

ha ha.. i was going to say the same, Ed promotes democracy which is great but his points are broken records as he repeats the same thing over and over...I love when Ed sang in Canada about wishing Cheany dead?!!? I had to rewind my iPod to make sure I heard it right...wow, great point...I wish a guy dead...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    That was at the end of Leash. After he said "Fuck Fox News." At least Fox news doesn't hate America enough to publish every national security-sensitive secret they can find. Ed's a typical liberal who can dish it out, but can't take it.

How do you know he can't take it? And it's conservatives who can't take it. Ann Coulter cries that they don't have a voice when the conservatives own the so called "liberal media".
    I miss igotid88
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    pjhawk wrote:
    Everyone knows that in a debate the person that ends more sentences with the word, "jack" will win the debate, so hands down Ted Nugent would win. I personally would never want to debate such a force of "jack," that and I would get tired of being yelled at after about 3 minutes.

Also, radio DJ does not equal good debator, he might have a good voice, and he might think quickly on his feet, but with a radio show you can mute who you are debating, in a debate you can't do that.

More than a DJ, he was a talk show host. He went toe-to-toe with callers. Thinking on the fly. You're right - not technically a debate. Regardless, I've heard him engage oppenents back and forth. I'm just saying, have you EVER heard Ed debate? If so I'd appreciate a link, because I don't believe such a thing exists.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • supergrasssupergrass Posts: 48
    Whether Ted eats Ed alive in a debate is, well, debatable. But the important thing is Ed is a way, way, way, way, way better singer. And a way, way, way, way, way, way better songwriter. The one thing both have in common is that I think they genuinely believe what they're saying, and they don't tone down their thoughts out of fear it will chase away potential sales.
    jeffbr wrote:
    More than a DJ, he was a talk show host. He went toe-to-toe with callers. Thinking on the fly. You're right - not technically a debate. Regardless, I've heard him engage oppenents back and forth. I'm just saying, have you EVER heard Ed debate? If so I'd appreciate a link, because I don't believe such a thing exists.

Yeah, I know what he did, I am just sayign that in that post you have some advantages going for you, like control over all the buttons. I do think that Ted can think on his feet, and I think that he can speak clearly, quickly, and loudly, I just don't see him as a great debator, although I would agree that for those reasons of quickly, clearly, loudly, and the use of "jack" he would probably be a better debator than Ed. And for the record I can't believe that I just spent 2 minutes of my life thinking about this, I gotta go read a book.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    igotid88 wrote:
    How do you know he can't take it? And it's conservatives who can't take it. Ann Coulter cries that they don't have a voice when the conservatives own the so called "liberal media".

How do I know he can't take it? Well, listen to a show and how many immature shots he takes at various republicans. Listen to his reaction to the Uniondale crowd. He sure wasn't singing the tune at the show that he was at New Jersey #1 this year.

Ann Coulter is completely correct with her point that the Democratic party is too scared to speak their minds, and instead let widows and mothers of fallen soldiers do their talking for them. How much praise does Murtha get from his fellow Dems, but when vote time comes, Murtha's resolution gets what, 3 votes? Spineless. They won't even retake the congress when the Republicans are reeling so badly.
    So are these mature shots you are taking at dems, or can you not take it either?
  • markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    can anyone defend Ed when he wished Dick Cheany dead? I can pinpoint which Canada show it was if need be, did anyone else here this? Was it ever discussed?
  • jeffbr wrote:

lol...riiiight

Ted Nugent is nothing but an over the top, out talking moron who should be on ritalin. Ed is well spoken and does show respect for opposing views.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    How do I know he can't take it? Well, listen to a show and how many immature shots he takes at various republicans. Listen to his reaction to the Uniondale crowd. He sure wasn't singing the tune at the show that he was at New Jersey #1 this year.

Ann Coulter is completely correct with her point that the Democratic party is too scared to speak their minds, and instead let widows and mothers of fallen soldiers do their talking for them. How much praise does Murtha get from his fellow Dems, but when vote time comes, Murtha's resolution gets what, 3 votes? Spineless. They won't even retake the congress when the Republicans are reeling so badly.

I think his reaction at Uniondale from what I've read here was from people throwing stuff. And the Democrats do speak their minds but whenever they do everyone turns it into a negative. And I'm sure more Democrats would've voted for his resolution. But it's a lose lose situation with Democrats whenever a vote comes about the the war because whatever they vote for it would be turned against them and people like you are led to believe they don't support the troops. And the widows are not talking for the democrats. Neither are the 911 widows. They just want the truth about what happened and who's responsible. If you equate that with talking for the Democrats then you should think twice about voting republican.
    I miss igotid88
  • It's not about how loudly you say something...it's about how much thought you actually put into what you say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvUhXtx0M28
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    igotid88 wrote:
    I think his reaction at Uniondale from what I've read here was from people throwing stuff.quote]people were booing in uniondale after they played Bu$hleaguer in a mostly liberal county
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    can anyone defend Ed when he wished Dick Cheany dead? I can pinpoint which Canada show it was if need be, did anyone else here this? Was it ever discussed?

well i know i can't defend him. i dislike cheney with a passion, but to wish the man dead? no i don't think so. that's not good form ed.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    igotid88 wrote:
    I think his reaction at Uniondale from what I've read here was from people throwing stuff.quote]people were booing in uniondale after they played Bu$hleaguer in a mostly liberal county

I know they were booing. But it's hard to say they were all from that area. Not every part of NY is liberal. Most are in NYC. Also I think alot of people were brainwashed into liking this guy we call the president.
    I miss igotid88
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    igotid88 wrote:

I know they were booing. But it's hard to say they were all from that area. Not every part of NY is liberal. Most are in NYC. Also I think alot of people were brainwashed into liking this guy we call the president.
    yes thats true.i think alot of people were brainwashed around the area
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• all i know is Supergroup is the funniest show on TV.