My mom and mother-in-law both sent to ER on the same day!

13»

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Yay! I'm happy that everything went well. Best wishes for a smooth and speedy recovery.
    ELITIST FUK
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Surgery finally over.....5 hours!

I was there for 10 hours, but the time passed quicker then expected.

Doctor said it went almost as well as could have been expected. Now comes the difficult recovery/cardio rehab.

Thanks again for the kind thoughts.
    That's great Joe!! Best wishes for your Mom's recovery..
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    awesome news, joe!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    For those of you keeping score at home, my mom is awake and sitting up in a chair. Her blood pressure was very low this morning, but they were able to get it back up (and no, I didn't cause it to go back up..she took meds!).

The doctor said they may need to do some additional work so that the blood flow to her legs improves.

Thanks again for the support!
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Glad to hear things are going well Joe!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    For those of you keeping score at home, my mom is awake and sitting up in a chair. Her blood pressure was very low this morning, but they were able to get it back up (and no, I didn't cause it to go back up..she took meds!).

The doctor said they may need to do some additional work so that the blood flow to her legs improves.

Thanks again for the support!

Thanks for the update Joe!
    One day at a time :D
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    That's great the meds helped with the blood pressure!
  • kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Sending hopes & good vibes!!! One day at a time & a little better each day!!!
  • Hope that things keep going in the right direction, good luck!!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    A few more tubes were removed today, and she went for a walk around the hospital.

It freaked me out yesterday when I saw her so incapacitated.....never seen her like that before, and I could tell she felt a bit helpless.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    We are all thinking about you - good thoughts and all that positive energy stuff coming your way.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    A few more tubes were removed today, and she went for a walk around the hospital.

It freaked me out yesterday when I saw her so incapacitated.....never seen her like that before, and I could tell she felt a bit helpless.

Thanks for the update Joe. I'm glad she's making progress, take care of you too!!

Appreciate the updates, it sounds like she's doing well. And what Pixie said, be sure to take care of yourself too. It's easy to forget that when you're worrying about a loved one, but keeping yourself strong will only help in the long run
    How is mommommom doing Joejoejoe?

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

So glad to hear a few more were removed.

How is she doing today? Don't forget to take care of you as well.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Damn, Joe!

Best of health to your mom.............it's so scary.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    My mom is doing much better, thank you!

She was transferred out of the ICU on Saturday night, and it looks like she may go home tomorrow or Wednesday. It is difficult to believe it has been 2 weeks since she entered the hospital!

I am doing my best to take care of myself, but at this point, I am running on fumes. Hospital visits and tax season are taking their toll, but I am grateful for the positive results from my mom's surgery.
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

She was transferred out of the ICU on Saturday night, and it looks like she may go home tomorrow or Wednesday. It is difficult to believe it has been 2 weeks since she entered the hospital!

I am doing my best to take care of myself, but at this point, I am running on fumes. Hospital visits and tax season are taking their toll, but I am grateful for the positive results from my mom's surgery.

You can't take care of her without taking care of you.
    Call me if you need ANYTHING, I mean it!

PJPixie wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Call me if you need ANYTHING, I mean it!

Good point!

Except for going to the mall and to petco, I spent all day yesterday being lazy....that felt good!

Thanks!
    PJPixie wrote:
    I second this. Glad to hear your mom's going home soon.
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Thrilled to hear that everything's going well Joe!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    Sounds like things are going in the right direction! :)
    After 17 days, my mom finally got released from the hospital!

My sister is gonna tend to her at home starting Sunday, and before that, we will have a care giver help her out.

My sister mentioned that my mom needed a button-up (in the front) nightgown, and she suggested I go to Victoria's Secret. Imagine how shocked the sales person would be when I told her it was for my mom....kinda creepy! :o
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    After 17 days, my mom finally got released from the hospital!

My sister is gonna tend to her at home starting Sunday, and before that, we will have a care giver help her out.

My sister mentioned that my mom needed a button-up (in the front) nightgown, and she suggested I go to Victoria's Secret. Imagine how shocked the sales person would be when I told her it was for my mom....kinda creepy! :o
    So glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital!

I suggest enlisting wifey's help for the nightgown :lol::lol:
    Yay for your mom getting out of the hospital! :D
    Yay for your mom getting out of the hospital! :D

thanks!