Options

St. Patrick's Day

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :x :x :x :x :x

Hey man. You should know better than to mess with me by now!!! :lol:
    :nono: :fp: :x :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Flying to NYC Thursday

Saturday........Marching down 5th Ave again 8-)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I bought our corned beef yesterday for traditional St Patty's Day Reubens ...
    fun it's on a Sunday this year cheers.gif
  • Options
    IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    Jennytree wrote:
    FYI...

http://paddynotpatty.com/

It's Paddy, not Patty. Ever.

Saint Patrick's Day? Grand.

Paddy's Day? Sure, dead-on.

St. Pat's? Aye, if ye must.

St. Patty? No, ye goat!

Your yearly reminder
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    We are going out to eat once again but NO WINE THIS TIME, not even sips. She's been banned after last Sunday experience.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    A quick question to the Americans, why do you eat corned beef for St. Patrick's day?
    It seems to get mentioned a lot and you all seem to think it has something to do with Irish cuisine.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    IrishGuy wrote:
    A quick question to the Americans, why do you eat corned beef for St. Patrick's day?
    It seems to get mentioned a lot and you all seem to think it has something to do with Irish cuisine.

.[11]Corned beef and cabbage became popular in the United States after Irish immigrants in the northeast used corned beef instead of pork in the dish. This substitution was likely due to the low cost of corned beef in the U.S.

Corned beef was used as a substitute for bacon by Irish-American immigrants in the late 19th century.[12] A similar dish is the New England boiled dinner, consisting of corned beef, cabbage, and root vegetables such as carrots, turnips, and potatoes, which is popular in New England and parts of Atlantic Canada.

From Wikipedia, but it's basically the same story i've been told.
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Seeing how St. Patrick's Day is on a Sunday this year, and my buddy's birthday is the same day, we'll be going on Saturday night to our local irish pub to have a nice, relaxing meal.

Then get trashed on Guinness and Jameson. :lol:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    St. Patrick's Day won't be too exciting this year since I've stopped drinking. If it's like any other Sunday, I'll probably be going out for Mexican food with my friends. Maybe I'll cover all my food in guac in honor of the holiday or something.
  • Options
    I told JB maybe I would make boiled dinner with the corned beef instead...
    he said....
    why have I been bad this year? Reubens are sinfully good, lots of horseradish for him ...
    I wonder if horseradish is Irish?
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    This weekend!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: What's everyone doing?!
    Da Kids favoite holiday of the year Working Fri nite Home Sat the straigt to Da city to marchin Da parade bounce around after then back home and car Bomb in full effect with some Ass blowing corn bee and cabbage
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    The band has a gig this saturday, and I havent decided if i'll have a few drinks or not. Likely I'll be pretty wiped on sunday though, but I usually make it a point to go downtown Lake Worth to see the shenanigans. Lots of wacky folks in that town who take partying to a new level. :mrgreen:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    The band has a gig this saturday, and I havent decided if i'll have a few drinks or not.

This is why i like being an alcoholic, i don't have to make the tough decisions. If there serving, i'm drinking.
    (unless i'm really in the dog house)

Likely I'll be pretty wiped on sunday though, but I usually make it a point to go downtown Lake Worth to see the shenanigans. Lots of wacky folks in that town who take partying to a new level. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    IrishGuy wrote:

The other half is Irish, grew up in Butte MT, which has a huge Irish heritage. St. Paddy's is a big deal over there, and the entire town smells like corned beef and cabbage...and pastys.

I don't care for corned beef and cabbage.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    IrishGuy wrote:

The American St. Paddy's is nothing like the real St. Paddy's. Americans like any excuse to party. In Chicago, we have a huge Irish population and we dye our river green :lol: I only eat the corned beef because it's delicious :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Did you know that there are more people claiming to have Irish ancestry than the actual number of people with Irish ancestry?

This has been a fun fact from Will

Thanks for looking and have a great day... or not.... the choice is yours.
  • Options
    Did you know that there are more people claiming to have Irish ancestry than the actual number of people with Irish ancestry?

I'm half Irish, My wife's Irish by injection.
  • Options

his family still owns a castle and a bar in Ireland...is that Irish enough for you?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

But only when you're not drinking.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

his family still owns a castle and a bar in Ireland...is that Irish enough for you?

Oh... my my my, Ms. Lisa. I wasn't pointing out anyone in particular. Just an interesting fact that I learned in a Sociology class. I was the only one that laughed.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

But only when you're not drinking.[/quote]

That's what morning's are for.
  • Options
    Oh... my my my, Ms. Lisa. I wasn't pointing out anyone in particular. Just an interesting fact that I learned in a Sociology class. I was the only one that laughed.

what kind of Sociology class? i didn't learn that in Soc.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I wish I was Irish 8-)
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

Upper level class... Race and Ethnicity
  • Options

I can see that. It's 'cool' to be Irish. I have quite a few friends like this. One in particular...got a shamrock tattoo on his neck and is always talking about the 'real' Irish bars in Chicago. I love him to death but that boy is all German :lol:

Funny thing is the ones that are partying the hardest on St Paddy's claiming to be Irish don't even know that it's really a holy holiday :fp:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I can see that. It's 'cool' to be Irish. I have quite a few friends like this. One in particular...got a shamrock tattoo on his neck and is always talking about the 'real' Irish bars in Chicago. I love him to death but that boy is all German :lol:

Funny thing is the ones that are partying the hardest on St Paddy's claiming to be Irish don't even know that it's really a holy holiday :fp:

I can relate
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

Upper level class... Race and Ethnicity

:nono: I took all kinds of Soc classes! I used up all my Science credits on Sociology classes.

I actually brought in an ad for Hempfest when the teacher said "Marijuana will never be socially accepted" she was floored. :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

:nono: I took all kinds of Soc classes! I used up all my Science credits on Sociology classes.

I actually brought in an ad for Hempfest when the teacher said "Marijuana will never be socially accepted" she was floored. :lol:

They let you substitute Sociology for natural sciences?

What a crock of shit
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

by family, you mean #thejerk?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

They let you substitute Sociology for natural sciences?

What a crock of shit

for lab sciences, fuck lab sciences and their funky schedule...they weren't conducive to my bus riding schedule and work.

Full time student + full time working + taking the bus = :thumbdown:

- Christopher McCandless