Options

*** Lisbon II Fanviews Here 5/9 ***

Comments

• Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    niamh wrote:
    What can I say about this gig only that it was mindblowing.It was my first time to see pearl jam live and I have to see them again.the sooner the better.I came over from Ireland to see them and it was soooooooooo worth it.
    The audience were so up for it.Does anyone know who the guy was that instigagted the mexican wave was?He was brilliant and so enthusiastic.

What a great "first" concert. Will be hard to beat. Portugal is a special place to see them - the band seems to love it.

Great for you.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    What a great "first" concert. Will be hard to beat. Portugal is a special place to see them - the band seems to love it.

Great for you.

it's simple...as they amuse the audience, we amuse them with our energy and love for waht they give us... the best music inthe world...it's our payback, and they love it! Smashing pumpkins felt the same thing. Great bands that come to Portugal, they all say we are a fantastic audience! Good for us.

Cumps
  • Options
    Here are some pictures of both shows from up front.

It were two excelent shows.. first show I was exactly in front of Mike and 2nd show I was at Stones side ...both nights kicked ass.. but still out of the 4 shows I saw so far ( Arnhem, Antwerp and 2 x Lisbon) I think the Antwerp show was the best so far....just my thoughts....:-)

Anyway... for those who were at the Lisbon shows...(and for those who weren't..:-p) enjoy the pics..

http://www.pearljamonline.nl/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=13&pos=0
    Those are fucking A pics man well done what camra you got? cheers for bring back the good meorays again
    Where all the good fools come

*Proud to be part of the Astorain crew*

#Lisbonnight#

@Wemberly07@

@MEN ARENA09@
  • Options
    Those are fucking A pics man well done what camra you got? cheers for bring back the good meorays again

I have an "old" Cannon S30 3,2 mega pix... but it has a "sports" mode combined with no flash and 800 ISO settings ( and a good spot of course..:-)... it did the job pretty good..:-)... btw if anyone wants a photo in original format, pm me and I'll see what I can do..:-)
    Say what you think, but think before you speak.
  • Options
    Here are some pictures of both shows from up front.

It were two excelent shows.. first show I was exactly in front of Mike and 2nd show I was at Stones side ...both nights kicked ass.. but still out of the 4 shows I saw so far ( Arnhem, Antwerp and 2 x Lisbon) I think the Antwerp show was the best so far....just my thoughts....:-)

Anyway... for those who were at the Lisbon shows...(and for those who weren't..:-p) enjoy the pics..

http://www.pearljamonline.nl/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=13&pos=0

Thanks so much... my pictures pretty much suck. I think I was just behind you the first night. Really appreciate your pictures.

• Options
    SPALMA wrote:
    Thanks so much... my pictures pretty much suck. I think I was just behind you the first night. Really appreciate your pictures.

I was then probably the Tall guy blocking your view...lol with the " Choises" shirt..:-p
    Say what you think, but think before you speak.
  • Options
    I was then probably the Tall guy blocking your view...lol with the " Choises" shirt..:-p

With your (beautiful) family? If so, I was trying to block a very small woman in who was on the rail in front of me (your wife?) so she wouldn't get squashed. She probably thought I was trying to grab her. I couldn't keep the crowd off of me so ended up moving to the side after a few songs. I moved a tall Portuguese guy over to my spot when we left and told him to watch out for her. I wondered how she made out. Don't think we saw her the next night.

Again, thanks for the pics, all my up front photos are shit - was moving too much to get anything good.

• Options
    Well .. ive already told my " story " in the other thread .. so .. the first night was special cuz i left the airport to go directly to the Atlantico .. and i couldnt imagine it could get any better .. but it did .. what an amazing set ..

I dont like Severed Hand as a opener .. so in that moment i just closed my eyes .. and got in the mood for the rest of the show .. then they play Corduroy so the natural reaction is starting to jump like crazy .. hail hail was brilliant as its one of my personal favourites .. Dissident was also over the top followed by Evenflow which put everyone into an adrenaline frenzy .. my favourite sequence from both concerts was Whipping, SOLAT, I Got Id, Garden, Do the Evolution, Sad, Daughter( Its Ok ), Insignificance, Black and RearviewMirror .. could this get any better ? Only shit .. i went ballistic .. i went with some friends this day and we were smoking something nice and i swear i could feel every particular sound and it was just great .. i loved Black in this day .. we went tururutururu for ages .. and when Eddie starts Weee belongggg .. perfect .. just perfect.

The first encore was amazing .. with Eddie singing the Portugal Jam , Come Back , I believe in Miracles .. i didnt expect Once as they havent played it on the first day .. when Eddie started singing Footsteps i cryed again .. this was truly a dream come true as its one of my all time favourites and my friends didnt realize why i was so emotional at that particular time .. Alive was a great moment as always .

The second encore was just perfect .. Smile was brilliant .. Rocking in the free world was way cool .. everyone jumping and Yellow Ledbetter is always the perfect ending.

I havent seen anyone having a fight .. thats why PJ is fenomenal .. it creates such a good mood between the crowd that we feel everyone is our PJ brothers .. at least its what i felt.

I loved Eddie showing the Cavaquinho and wrapped around in the Portugal flag and doing those tricks with his guitar .. and what an amazing effort to speak portuguese .. it was totally worth it the money spent .. totally worth strolling around Lisbon for over 90 minutes searching for a place to sleep .. it was totally worth it.

THank you Pearl Jam .. and please come back !
  • Options
    Klavdio wrote:
    Well .. ive already told my " story " in the other thread ..

.. and what an amazing effort to speak portuguese ..

Read your other story too - what a great experience! Be ready for when they come back to Portugal again (maybe 2 years???)

And, yes, Portuguese is one of the hardest languages to speak/learn. I have been trying for years :}

• Options
    Like Klavdio, I also came from Madeira, but I don't have such a interesting story to tell. :P

The concert was great. It was magic. It's really hard to describe.
    I only went to the concert this day, and just after one or two songs, I regreted not seeing the one before.

The setlist was just perfect (for me the great missing this day was Baba 0'Riley, but it was played the day before). I wanted so much to hear "I got Shit" and "Once", and I just did. I really didn't believe that would happen. Better than that was when they played "Garden" just after "I got Shit". Just perfect. Like a dream.
    Hey I, ooooooohhh, I'm still ALIIIIIVEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    After reading Smashing´s post ive reminded myself of the songs i really wanted to hear .. Porch, In My Tree and especially Present Tense were the ones i missed the most .. Tremor Christ would also be extra special.

Spalma .. keep trying .. one day you´ll manage, with a lot effort its possible. :)
  • Options
    wow... what a heavy "madeirense" crowd! I'm from Madeira too, but I'm studying in Lisbon, so it wasn't that hard for me to get to the concert. :)

And spalma: visit our little island next time you come to portugal... pearl jam fans are welcome!
  • Options
    Obrigada Klavido y Rustinglass!

• Options
    can anyone tell me what the hell is Eddie mumbling in the Improv or Portugal Jam or whatever you wanna call it..? cuz I don't get it :P and it's just gonna lead to some stupid lyric misinterpretion!
    we'll share our bodies in disdain for the system
  • Options
    MotherDear wrote:
    can anyone tell me what the hell is Eddie mumbling in the Improv or Portugal Jam or whatever you wanna call it..? cuz I don't get it :P and it's just gonna lead to some stupid lyric misinterpretion!

lol...i heard the bootlegs today and was wondering just about the same thing!!!

Cumps
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I can't believe my camera did this!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/einatshaul/235642895/

enjoy... I sure did!
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    I can't believe my camera did this!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/einatshaul/235642895/

enjoy... I sure did!

wow.. you are brilliant! and your camera too!!

I hope you don't mind I checked out some of the other pics and they were brilliant too!! :D
  • Options
    We have saved this boot for today... Husband and I have a date to travel for the day to listen to this boot for the first time since the concert, Killer stereo in his car and away from the kids, animals... responsibility in general. So we cna re-live the moments... Ahhhh!

• Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    It's not to late to say that this one amazing concert...

And if portuguese people love Pearl Jam, isn't less true that the band love Portugal.
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    TheSkyEtcTheSkyEtc Athens, GR Posts: 65
    I WAS THERRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    all the way from greece..
    FIRST FUCKIN ROW!! ALL THE SONGS I PRAYED FOR . .

hail hail
    i got shit
    solat
    garden (didn't see that comin)
    smile
    it's ok!!!
    the trilogy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i screamed my lungs out my throat was fucked up.no voice for 3 days.
    what a great show...great show.the bootleg doesn't come off the cd player!

athens will be one special night................
    A whisper through a megaphone
  • Options
    merlin401 wrote:
    It's probably just a natural reaction to counter people saying "THIS WAS THE BEST SET EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR" and other such nonsense. Looks like it was a very nice set, but certainly nothing earth-shattering.

Maybe its the best set in a month but please, remember Gorge 1: Had most of the highlights of this set (LW tag, Its Ok, SOLAT, trilogy) PLUS it ALSO had Wash, Crown of Thorns, Dirty Frank!

gorge 1 setlist is better, i agree. BUT that doesn´t make it a better show. i´ve seen several gorge 1 videos and i was at lisbon. way better crowd, atmosphere and intensity.

just wait for the dvd and all americans will learn how to cheer. :-)
  • Options
    MotherDear wrote:

Check this thread out - I asked the same thing. They reference another Portuguese website - do you know which one that is?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=216548&highlight=lisbon+improv

They say:
    "Portugal, Portugal...
    I never thought that it would happen
    and now I'm back again

I'm here/hearing (???) anybody?
    I'm hearing what they say:

Portugal, Portugal

I never thought that I would be here
    I grow up so (alive?)
    I never (???) be here
    I'm surfing twice a day / today

Portugal, Portugal, PORTUGAAAAAAL"

Some people at a portuguese forum have figured this out. No way to be shure it's right, though."

• Options
    just wait for the dvd and all americans will learn how to cheer. :-)

Do you know anything that the rest of us don't know??? DVD??? Recorded in Portugal? Oficial? That would be beautiful!!! As we say here in Portugal... Seria ouro sobre azul!!!

Regards
  • Options
    thanx SPALMA!!

it sounds just right.. if only Eddie took some diction lessons or something :P ahah

and that last PORTUGAL is awesome for us portuguese folks! ;)
  • Options
    Just a question, to those who went to the show with ten club tickets, where was you seat?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    T-Rexona wrote:
    Just a question, to those who went to the show with ten club tickets, where was you seat?
    :confused:
    10c tickets were standing only.
  • Options
    8 pictures - mostly from night 2 when we moved up to the 1st balcony (great seats).
    My first try at posting pics. and it was a new camera so sorry about the non-clarity.

My favorites are the shots of the crowd - it was pretty much like this thru both concerts. Everyone singing and dancing every song.
    The best audience I've ever felt.

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/SPALMA/PJ%2009-05-06/?action=view&current=spotlight.jpg

• Options
    mAraujomAraujo Posts: 84
    SPALMA wrote:
    Check this thread out - I asked the same thing. They reference another Portuguese website - do you know which one that is?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=216548&highlight=lisbon+improv

They say:
    "Portugal, Portugal...
    I never thought that it would happen
    and now I'm back again

I'm here/hearing (???) anybody?
    I'm hearing what they say:

Portugal, Portugal

I never thought that I would be here
    I grow up so (alive?)
    I never (???) be here
    I'm surfing twice a day / today

Portugal, Portugal, PORTUGAAAAAAL"

Some people at a portuguese forum have figured this out. No way to be shure it's right, though."

It's from http://www.pearljammerspt.com/ , a portuguese message board.
    There´s a discussion and more interpretations of the "Portugal Jam" lyrics here --> http://www.pearljammerspt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1938.
    Hope this helps!
    butt cheeks can't be tamed!!!

http://www.myspace.com/bandagente
  • Options
    mAraujo wrote:
    It's from http://www.pearljammerspt.com/ , a portuguese message board.
    There´s a discussion and more interpretations of the "Portugal Jam" lyrics here --> http://www.pearljammerspt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1938.
    Hope this helps!

Obrigada!

• Options
    TheSkyEtcTheSkyEtc Athens, GR Posts: 65
    Hi again!
    Sorry it took me so long but i had problems with my pc...now i will keep uploading videos and fotos. Stay tuned!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7MgPDRTO_o

Take care each other
    A whisper through a megaphone