Options

*** Lisbon II Fanviews Here 5/9 ***

AngusAngus Posts: 376
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam Set List: Severd Hand, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Save You, World Wide Suicide, Dissident, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Whipping, State of Love and Trust, I Got Shit, Garden, Do The Evolution, Sad, Daughter/(It's Ok by Dead Moon), Insignificance, Black, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Improv, Come Back, I Believe In Miracles, Big Wave, Once, Footsteps, Alive

2nd Encore: Wasted Reprise, Betterman, Smile, Why Go, Rocking In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early Set List Source Message Pit’s “LeatherMosquitoMan” and “Low_Light03”

Set List Source: tenclub.net, sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene and theskyiscrape.com
00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
07: 6/26, 6/29
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    comacoma Posts: 3
    aren´t they performing unemployable? thats a fucking crazy beatiful song that must work damn good live , was just in these 2 shows that they didn´t play , or its always like that ?
    i wish they forget a little about the past , don´t get me wrong , i love their older songs, they were my youth , but so many songs that could be from the shows they gave 10 years ago here..
    i was not in this 2 nights, can´t help felling bad about it , was in cascais,1o years ago, eddie stage diving , a small "pavilhão" full of people going crazy :).
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure this is the best setlist ever.

Smile, Hail Hail, I Got Shit, Save You, Army Reserve, SOLAT, Garden, Dissident, Miracles, the trilogy. Good lord!!
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I'm liking the sets in europe better than the shows I went 2 and they were amazing sets. Havent heard Rats or Satan's Bed this european tour yet.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Unbelivable setlist...

One of the best ever for sure... if not the best!!!
    Severed Hand
  • Options
    hello my friends i was in the two shows and i must say it was fantastic, this second show had a perfect set list, great crowd the two days, you really have to buy the two concerts.
    The Alive song, KRFW, and betterman were really great, fantastic.

There is only one thing i didn´t like, it´s that i have been listen somebody saying that the band is going to retire in the end of the tour, and i didn´t believe too much in that, but tonight eddie said some things like, "we don´t play this song since Cascais 96 and we want to play it one last time in Portugal", and also in the end of the show saying goodbye he said " see you in a better world", so i just hope this doesn´t mean anything, because i have been in the first two shows of pearl jam of my life and i hope the band too keep going and come more often to portugal.

This is what i have to say about tonight, really great shows, just being that it was fantastic, thank you pearl jam, thank you all of you guys, see ya
  • Options
    mumimumi Posts: 664
    EhehHHhhh????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

T-Rexona wrote:
    hello my friends i was in the two shows and i must say it was fantastic, this second show had a perfect set list, great crowd the two days, you really have to buy the two concerts.
    The Alive song, KRFW, and betterman were really great, fantastic.

There is only one thing i didn´t like, it´s that i have been listen somebody saying that the band is going to retire in the end of the tour, and i didn´t believe too much in that, but tonight eddie said some things like, "we don´t play this song since Cascais 96 and we want to play it one last time in Portugal", and also in the end of the show saying goodbye he said " see you in a better world", so i just hope this doesn´t mean anything, because i have been in the first two shows of pearl jam of my life and i hope the band too keep going and come more often to portugal.

This is what i have to say about tonight, really great shows, just being that it was fantastic, thank you pearl jam, thank you all of you guys, see ya
    Uno es dueño de lo que calla
    y esclavo de lo que habla.
  • Options
    romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
    mumi wrote:
    EhehHHhhh????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    easy tiger no pasa nada :D
    "The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
    I'm no dude! Dudette!
  • Options
    Yellow Ledbetter had the Little Wing tag, thanks to our sign !!!!

I'm so happy :))))
    1996: San Sebastian
    2000: San Sebastian
    2006: Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisbon I & II, Madrid, Verona, Milan
    2007: Lisbon, Madrid, London, Dusseldorf
    2009: Rotterdam, Manchester, London
    2010: Berlin, Lisbon
    2014: Amsterdam I & II, Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2018: Amsterdam I & II, Barcelona, Madrid
    2022: Frankfurt, London I & II, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    Unbelivable setlist...

seriously??

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    Unbelivable setlist...

hmmm ok.. better than night 1 but nothing special.. i dont like severed hand as an opener at all
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I think that looks like a great set!!!!

I don't know how the nay-sayers can say this isn't a good set. What the fuck do you want for god's sake?

I just don't understand people...
  • Options
    I'm one of the lucky persons on tonight's show.. I just can't tell here what it was, no words can make you come close to what these two concerts were, but tonight's show was FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! You cant judge a concert only based on its setlist, there's the crowd, and we are a very good crowd, trust me ;) the band knows/feels that and they answer with this great setlist, emotion, we could see that they were having fun just like us!
    And when Eddie started to talk about the "Cavaquinho" that we gave to him, I just couldn't believe!
    5,30am, I have to go to sleep.. I'll be dreaming about this dream that became real yesterday/today... And thursday, Madrid, here I go ;)
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Just wait for the bootlegs...;) you'll see!
  • Options
    coma wrote:
    aren´t they performing unemployable? thats a fucking crazy beatiful song that must work damn good live , was just in these 2 shows that they didn´t play , or its always like that ?
    i wish they forget a little about the past , don´t get me wrong , i love their older songs, they were my youth , but so many songs that could be from the shows they gave 10 years ago here..
    i was not in this 2 nights, can´t help felling bad about it , was in cascais,1o years ago, eddie stage diving , a small "pavilhão" full of people going crazy :).

Just because they didn't play Unemployable for 2 shows, you think they're not playing it? It's been played 20 times, as of today. They are actually playing massive amounts of the new album, more than they normally play of a new album. (Help, Help has, to this date, only been played 12 times. Alot of Riot Act has similar numbers.)
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    excellent setlist...they played smile!!! :):)
  • Options
    I know Eddie has a solid couple hours of drinking and rockin out in him by the end of the show but it's interesting that in Antwerp he says, "see you next year" but in Lisbon he says, "see you in a better place".

what gives?
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    Jammin909 wrote:
    I know Eddie has a solid couple hours of drinking and rockin out in him by the end of the show but it's interesting that in Antwerp he says, "see you next year" but in Lisbon he says, "see you in a better place".

what gives?

Red wine.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I think that looks like a great set!!!!

I don't know how the nay-sayers can say this isn't a good set. What the fuck do you want for god's sake?

I just don't understand people...

It's probably just a natural reaction to counter people saying "THIS WAS THE BEST SET EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR" and other such nonsense. Looks like it was a very nice set, but certainly nothing earth-shattering.

Maybe its the best set in a month but please, remember Gorge 1: Had most of the highlights of this set (LW tag, Its Ok, SOLAT, trilogy) PLUS it ALSO had Wash, Crown of Thorns, Dirty Frank!
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    I was at both shows and I thought the boys were in fine form, however the acoustics of the venue were f***ing terrible. The 2nd shows sound was so bad that you couldnt hear Ed´s voice on any of the new tracks.
    Do it for the love of music .....
    scruff

www.myspace.com/thebarefootnation
  • Options
    Looks like a great setlist - Footsteps, SOLAT, Black, I got shit, Army Reserve and garden in the same show! 5 of my best PJ songs right there!

As for quitting thats ridiculous - Stone quoted just the other day as saying that they were hitting the studio again in 2007 to work on the next album. Eddie is just being melodramatic as usual! :-P
  • Options
    ooooooooo myyy goooooooodnes what a setlist!!!!! smile, come back, footsteps............... i wish i was thereeeeeeeeeee!!!!
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    DLeoDLeo Posts: 2
    Well folks, I was there :D

I can not affirm if this was the best setlist, but I can say it was a awesome concert, without any doubt!
    Not just because of the setlist, but because of the crowd, the emotions, the band that just played like there was no tomorrow, etc...
    It was my first PJ concert, so I'm thrilled, I have no voice, because I sang, I jumped, I screamed :P

Eddie was wasted, drunk as a wine bottle :D so I believe he was just being melodramatic when talking about "see you in a better place..." :)

Peace!
  • Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    Zoso wrote:
    I'm liking the sets in europe better than the shows I went 2 and they were amazing sets. Havent heard Rats or Satan's Bed this european tour yet.

Rats was played at Reading. Sounded great too.
  • Options
    I really must say this.. what is the problem with the setlist? the best? the worst?

I am one of the fans since even before cascais, and for that, the first show in cascais was FOR ME the perfect set list.

Now, we saw the perfect set list of the moment, and better then this only at home asking him one music after the other... " hey Eddie now do this... "

I dont know if it was only me, but he looks like Jim Morrison running upthere with a botle of red wine in one hand and the microphone in the other...

(by the way, playing the album "converin"
  • Options
    Hello everyone! Once again a great show, a great band (the greatest!!!), a great crowd, and a great set list... I really think that all this discussion on the set list’s quality doesn't make much sense, to me any song they play is a terrific song... but that's just me.

Something wrong on the set list, because the first song of the first encore was "Portugal, Portugal" :)) for those of you that had the chance to listen the first 96 concert in Cascais, it's the same one... Incredible how they still remembered that...
    As it was said, some Portuguese fans offered Eddie a "Cavaquinho" which is a very typical instrument in Portugal and it's basically a Ukulele, and he showed it to everyone and thanked for it saying the he was going to put it on is desk in his "home in Seattle".
    Eddie also mentioned they were taking the day off today and remain in Portugal (probably surfing somewhere).

Regarding the acoustics of the venue I must agree that it's not the best but I don't think that it's as bad as some say. I was both in Cascais96 and in Restelo2000 and I must say that the sound in Restelo Stadium was much worse the in this place, and in Cascais it was not as bad but we couldn't also ear Eddie’s voice sometimes, because we are a very noisy crow.
    The first night I was at about 10 feet for the stage and the acoustics there sounded better than in the balcony where I stayed last night. Because I noticed that the sound quality depended a lot on the place you were at.
    So I think that the sound was very good, if you tell me that it could be better, ok I agree, but that is a problem of this venue.
    But and to finalise this, nothing can damage the two unbelievably great nights that Pearl Jam provided us with.

Thank you very much Pearl Jam. Vocês É QUE são do caralho!!!

I'm off to Madrid tomorrow. :))
  • Options
    wcswcs Posts: 17
    God, this was a FANTASTIC concert. I thought the previous night was amazing, but this one just blew me away.

Amazing set. Personal highlights: I got id, Smile, RTFW, and of course, the trilogy.

Oh, and the improv!! That was the same improv as the 1996 concert in Cascais (well, pratically the same). Now, that was something... no stage diving this time, though. :) So cool.

Again, I thought Ed sounded like pope John Paul II when speaking Portuguese, though not as much as in the first show :)
    It was really nice of them to address the crowd in Portuguese...

It's close to the best PJ show I've seen... maybe it is.
  • Options
    For me seeing 3 of my all time favorites in the same day made me say "the best ever". Smile, Hail Hail, and I Got Shit. I've never seen Smile played and have only seen the other 2 once or twice each. Mix in Garden, SOLAT, and a few others and my God, that's a keeper.

I've never bought a show I wasn't at through the bootleg section but will for this.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Options
    The improv song from cascais was known as "Portugal Jam". And yes, it is really amazing that they still remember! In fact They were going to play at the end of the first show when the crowd was singing "por-tu-gal por-tu-gal", but by the time they played the first chords the crowd was already singing something else, so they stopped.

these two were my first PJ shows... I couldn't be happier, I even cried during black last night.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    hmmm ok.. better than night 1 but nothing special.. i dont like severed hand as an opener at all
    I thought this thread was for people who attended teh show..maybe we should rename it:
    Setlist criticism thread!
    Red wine.
    Ed wasn't on Red in Lisbon... some sort of white he drank like water!!
    the bottle he passed on Crazy Mary was red though, but not his usual personal reserve.
    merlin401 wrote:
    It's probably just a natural reaction to counter people saying "THIS WAS THE BEST SET EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR" and other such nonsense. Looks like it was a very nice set, but certainly nothing earth-shattering.

Maybe its the best set in a month but please, remember Gorge 1: Had most of the highlights of this set (LW tag, Its Ok, SOLAT, trilogy) PLUS it ALSO had Wash, Crown of Thorns, Dirty Frank!
    well, my 2 friends that have been to the states several times and have seen them since 92 seemed to think it was a fucking awesome setlist..
    PaulJam wrote:
    Rats was played at Reading. Sounded great too.
    ?? You must have been smoking too much shit if you heard Rats at Reading..I would have gone INSANE had they done it...but I'm still waiting for it.. (please not one I'm not going to :()

Last night was again great atmosphere and the boys seemed to really love the place too.
    I think people read something too much on the 'see you in a better world ' thing (as I said he was drinking the white pretty fast..and it was a very hot day..40+ I was told)...they're having too much of a bowl on this tour..no way can they stop!!

Was very funny when he took out the "Cavaquinho" as there were lots of cheers upfront where basically people knew what it was all about (for having participated or seen it or heard about it)..must have been puzzling for the rest of the audience :D...I was hoping he was going to do Soon Forget on it though :(

Next time they play Portugal, I go for sure!!
  • Options
    Oh. My. God.

This was easily the single greatest thing i have ever experienced in my life. First couple of songs i was a little tired from the previous show, but something kicked in inside me and i just went nuts for the rest of the show. Absolutely amazing setlist! A group of us had been talking in the queue about songs we wanted to hear tonight, and with the exception of Porch we got every single song we wanted! Hail Hail, Whipping, I Got Shit, Garden, Army Reserve, Come Back, RVM, Rockin' etc.....absolutely kickass.

I honestly can't believe what i saw last night. Looking around the crowd a few times i couldn't get enough of how enthusiastic everybody was. First night we were front row but for the second show we were GA about halfway back against the centre rail. Couldn't always see clearly but for me it blew the first night away.

I can't wait for Paris now. Thanks for two amazing nights!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."