Options

*** Lisbon II Fanviews Here 5/9 ***

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    Was very funny when he took out the "Cavaquinho" as there were lots of cheers upfront where basically people knew what it was all about (for having participated or seen it or heard about it)..must have been puzzling for the rest of the audience :D...I was hoping he was going to do Soon Forget on it though :(

Next time they play Portugal, I go for sure!!

That's the spirit! You'll be more than welcome. Maybe in 6 years... or so... :D
    Cavaquinho is the grandfather of the ukelele. Portuguese immigrants took it to Hawaii more than 100 years ago. So, it was a portuguese gift to Eddie. He should come more often to surf, and drink wine.
    The white stuff he drank probably was "vinho verde": amazing, when chilled. Cheers!
  • Options
    simply amazing... being able to listen to I Got Id, SOLAT, RVM, Footsteps, Garden, Dissident, Smile... all in the same night... is something that I thought it would be impossible. Also, hearing Ed say "You're the best" and "Vocês são do caralho" (which in English is something like "You fuckin' ROCK"), and the improved song with "Portugal" on the lyrics, Eddie walkin' around with Portugal's national flag.... it's just something that I don't think it could happen in any other concert... thanks PJ, we love u too!!!
  • Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • Options
    "The download limit has been reached for this file."

Please post it somewhere else :)

Thanks a lot!!

WBR
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Oh. My. God.

This was easily the single greatest thing i have ever experienced in my life. First couple of songs i was a little tired from the previous show, but something kicked in inside me and i just went nuts for the rest of the show. Absolutely amazing setlist! A group of us had been talking in the queue about songs we wanted to hear tonight, and with the exception of Porch we got every single song we wanted! Hail Hail, Whipping, I Got Shit, Garden, Army Reserve, Come Back, RVM, Rockin' etc.....absolutely kickass.

I honestly can't believe what i saw last night. Looking around the crowd a few times i couldn't get enough of how enthusiastic everybody was. First night we were front row but for the second show we were GA about halfway back against the centre rail. Couldn't always see clearly but for me it blew the first night away.

I can't wait for Paris now. Thanks for two amazing nights!

OH.

My.

FREAKING.

GOD.

I think it's safe to say that this was one of the best day's of my life, and I will never forget it. Ever.

I felt so ill at times from lack of sleep and dehydration from the day before, but I just didn't care. It was a killer setlist, and we couldn't believe that all these songs we wanted just kept being played! Like ||Release_Me|| said, something inside of me snapped and I just went freakin crazy. It was truly amazing. Though Ross, how could you forget SAD!?

I still can't believe it. I didn't want to leave Lisbon.

Thankyou everyone who was there for making it so freaking awesome!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    OH.

My.

FREAKING.

GOD.

I think it's safe to say that this was one of the best day's of my life, and I will never forget it. Ever.

I felt so ill at times from lack of sleep and dehydration from the day before, but I just didn't care. It was a killer setlist, and we couldn't believe that all these songs we wanted just kept being played! Like ||Release_Me|| said, something inside of me snapped and I just went freakin crazy. It was truly amazing. Though Ross, how could you forget SAD!?

How COULD i forget Sad? It freakin' rocked! Although Ed fucked up the first line but the rest of it kicked major ass! Thanks for reminding me!

Garden was extraordinary too!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    OH.

My.

FREAKING.

GOD.

I totally agree with you...In fact, I think portuguese bootlegs have been underated in the past...like Lisbon '00. The setlist wasn't the best but everyone who were there knows that it was SPECIAL. Just like the last couple of nights. Memorable shows!

I just uploaded Footsteps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqz5Lqo-Z_4
  • Options
    get it while it lasts: Improv here
  • Options
    I don’t know about the set list, but more than 30 songs, and about 2 and half hours of concert must be something…at least I thought it was…

I went to see then in 1996 in Cascais, (missed the one in 2000 in Restelo Stadium) and now went to see then again on Tuesday…and it was again overwhelming, promised myself afterwards than I won’t ever miss another opportunity to see then live.

It’s clearly that there’s a great empathy with the Portuguese fans…last time in Cascais stayed near the stage, and this time stayed in the 2nd balcony where I had a great look of the crowd, and it came as a bonus watching how did the audience behaved during the concert.

It was nostalgic for me seeing them again…went back 10 years to my teenage days…for 2 and a half hours went back in time and forgot all my worries and problems, 2 and a half hours, where I went to a special place, to a better world (as he says), and from where…I didn’t want to leave.

Thanks Pearl Jam for being part of my live, and also:
    audiodave wrote:
  • Options
    HawkHawk Posts: 3
    I was there on both nights, and I gotta say it was amazing.

I think that the setlist on the 2nd night was better...went completely nuts on SOLAT and Sad.

But the band performance, the crowd...was terrific on both nights. I honestly can't say which one was better.

Songs like the mentioned Sad and SOLAT, I got shit, leash, baba o'riley, smile, footsteps were great surprises.
    "Oh, you know what it's like..."
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    PaulJam wrote:
    Rats was played at Reading. Sounded great too.

Rats wasn't played at Reading.... :confused:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    DLeo wrote:

Eddie was wasted, drunk as a wine bottle :D so I believe he was just being melodramatic when talking about "see you in a better place..." :)

Peace!

Or maybe Eddie was just saying that the next time they come to Portugal he hopes the world is a better place. We all know how much Eddie (and the rest of us) want the world to change for the better. So I'd just assume that's what he was trying to say.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    or maybe, as many of you have said, the venue was not the best (acoustic/sound issues?), so next time they'll play in a better place :D
  • Options
    WOW! I went to BOTH concerts and what can I say? It's Pearl Jam! When i thought that the second concert couldn't be so good as the first... I was wrong!
    Unbelievable! I can't say the set lists were the best, or bettter than this one or the other, but the ambience, the crowd and the musicians, were in such mood, that made everyone absolutely fuckin crazy...They started the act with all the best they have...and they only stopped on Yellow ledbetter! By the way...Thanks for that gift! Thanks for speaking on our language... "vocês são do caralho"... unforgettable... The only thing the croud hated, was when a roadie putted away the Portuguese flag, that was gaven to Eddie... That's it... If this was the best PJ concert ever, I don't know... I know that I am one of the lucky one's that were there, and I can only say that i loved it!

If you can go to a PJ concert...DON'T MISS IT BY ANY OTHER THING! If i could, i would go to everyone of them, all around the world!!!

Hey... I'm a Pearl Jammer! :D

Can i post pictures?If I can i will post a few, later...

Cumps
  • Options
    I was dumb to have only bought a ticket for the second day.. dumb and poor (money wise ;P ).. Next time I swear I'll save up for you guys! it was unbelievable! the whole day was brilliant!

waiting in line for more than 8 hours in the sun and meeting so many people that were so different from each other but had Pearl Jam as a common interest/passion/love.. really great feeling in the air! I had my guitar, my girlfriend and my friends there with me and we sang a lot.. eventually a lot of people joined in which was great! :D my first concert.. ahah

My Morning Jacket really surprised me actually although my excitment towards the real deal was getting in the way and didn't allow me to really pay attention to what they were playing but I loved the last song (anyone knows which one was it?).

PJ was not even close to what I thought it would be.. I went to this show with the highest expectations ever but it still was never near the "awesomness" that it was.. the songs were all over me! the guitar solos.. Eddie's moans and screams.. all over! inside and out! I'm all sore but it's just because of how much I enjoyed and had fun with the whole show! I couldn't stop looking around and really surprising myself that even after more than two hours of concert still everyone was up on their feet cheering, singing and clapping with the same stupid joyful face as mine!

I want to highlight the whole show because anyother way wouldn't be fair but anyway.. Black really made me shiver specially because the crowd just went on with the final tururututururu for ages.. my throat was exploding.. Do The Evolution was a blast!! I was sick and tired of making a fool of myself in my kitchen jumping around to this song.. there I was as a fool as anyone else, just brilliant! Keep On Rockin' was beautiful! one of the greatest Rock'N'Roll hymns of all time being played with the lights of the pavillion all turned on and everyone going crazy! I don't know.. they were all brilliant.. Footsteps was great.. and I wasn't expecting them to play Once and that rocked hard! :D

I also met Helen from the Ten Club (cheers! t'was great to meet you!) and felt frustrated that my only PJ show to date had ended and she was still going to Marseille and had no company to go there! :P let's hope they do release a new one soon and do this cuz then I damn will go and see them throughout the bloody world! :D

do download the bootleg cuz the show was brilliant!! I've already pre-purchased it.. hope it's in a good quality as Pav. Atlantico is really a bit crappy sound wise... :P

Cheers to everyone who was there!!

Hugo
    we'll share our bodies in disdain for the system
  • Options
    we did it...cavaquinho is in Ed´s hands:

DSC_0042.jpg

IMG_1020-1.jpg
    loveforall
  • Options
    It was the best to night of my life. better then losing it beeter then triping it was the bome (as j would say it) Flow all the way from england meet so many cool people outside and in wish i could rember the names it was just fucking A they are the undrsputed best rock band in the world for the last how many years. Thank you so much for the plesser.
    Where all the good fools come

*Proud to be part of the Astorain crew*

#Lisbonnight#

@Wemberly07@

@MEN ARENA09@
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    Angus wrote:
    2nd Encore: Wasted Reprise, Betterman, Smile, Why Go, Rocking In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

That is an unbelivable 2nd encore. Smile is one of my fave songs and to get BOTH ...Free World and ...Ledbetter is just fantastic.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    When I thought things couldn't get any better, they came of With this!!! SHIT MAN! I wish i could have gone to Madrid! Take a look at the set list(if you haven't):
    Set 1 Better Man, Corduroy, Animal, Big Wave, Rearviewmirror, In Hiding, Jeremy, Given To Fly, Once, Daughter(Another Brick In The Wall), Not For You(Modern Girl), Grievance, Why Go, Do The Evolution, Even Flow
    Encore 1 Severed Hand, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Man Of The Hour, Black
    Encore 2 World Wide Suicide, Go, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter(Little Wing)

WOW! No words... Think i'll get this bootleg!

Cumps
  • Options
    I travelled from scotland with two of my friends to the lisbon shows and they have to be the best gigs i have ever been too especially the second night the setlist was mind blowing. We were in the front row both nights seen ed singing alive right in front of us has to be the best two nights of my life except for getting a cracked rib trying to get one of Mikes guitar picks.
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    05092006108xz8.jpg

just take a look at this... this was how the crowd reacted to every single song in both nights... and the sound was very good up front and not that bad on the back, yes, it was bad, and will always be, on the 2nd balcony.

Thank you Pearl Jam for the experience :D
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    Amukinado wrote:
    When I thought things couldn't get any better, they came of With this!!! SHIT MAN! I wish i could have gone to Madrid! Take a look at the set list(if you haven't):

WOW! No words... Think i'll get this bootleg!

Cumps

Trust me, dont compare this concert with no one of Lisbon's... I wernt to both in Lisbon, and went yesterday do Madrid's... The crowd.. =/ and the band wasnt like they were in Portugal. But it was really good to hear Man Of The Hour, In Hiding and Go! And be in front of Mike and get one of its Picks... If it wasn't for this, I wouldn't have enjoy the concert =/
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    Here are some pictures of both shows from up front.

It were two excelent shows.. first show I was exactly in front of Mike and 2nd show I was at Stones side ...both nights kicked ass.. but still out of the 4 shows I saw so far ( Arnhem, Antwerp and 2 x Lisbon) I think the Antwerp show was the best so far....just my thoughts....:-)

Anyway... for those who were at the Lisbon shows...(and for those who weren't..:-p) enjoy the pics..

http://www.pearljamonline.nl/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=13&pos=0
    Say what you think, but think before you speak.
  • Options
    Anyway... for those who were at the Lisbon shows...(and for those who weren't..:-p) enjoy the pics..

http://www.pearljamonline.nl/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=13&pos=0

Nice pics...Love the one where Eddie and Jeff were caught in the air...jumpin the heel out of them! My new desktop pic!

Cumps
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Just got in from the airport...

It is the best show I have been to. Besides the incredible set lists and the best crowd ever it was evident that the band loves Portugal and were having the a great time too. they didn't want to leave the stage. Their energy, feeding off our energy was magical.

It was special to me because Ed responded to a sign that I made that said "PLAY IN FLORIDA". I wasn't going to display it because it was Portugal and the concert was magic but at the end of the show they had all the ligths on for a long time. I couldn't resist.

I was on the first balcony Stone's side - right next to the stage. (the floor was one huge mosh pit ).

We had front row mosh spots the first night but could only take 5 songs - it was awful. Second night we ended up with front row balcony seats.

When lights were full on I held my sign along the balcony (the people around me didn't even see it.) Ed took a break and came to our side and was just dancing and looking at the people.

He held his hand over his eyes so he could read my sign.

When he realized what the sign said he threw his head back (as if to say Ahhhh!!! somewhat guilt-ily) spun around and waggled his head and shrugged his shoulders (as if to say "I don't know!?!)
    Then he danced around and gave me that look out of the side of his eyes with that devil grin.
    By then, I had my hands clenched and extended (beseechingly) and was saying "Pleeeeaaase??!". He threw his head back and laughed & waved.
    A few minutes later, he came back. By then I was just standing, clapping and yelling "Bravo, Bravo!" He smiled and I nodded at him and bowed my head a little and He did the same thing back to me!!!
    Then he waved again and he danced back to center stage to say goodbye with the rest of the guys- it really was the end of the show - I think a record breaker - just shy of 3 hours.

I was blown away. Ijust looked at my husband who was as shocked as I was. and he said, "It really happened!". It all happened so naturally and spontaneously- I really couldn't have planned it.

So I don't know what they plan about playing the South, but I do know he feels guilty (good!) and I got my two cents in! And it was the best concert yet.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394

Thank you so much for these!!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options

Thanx a lot! Black really was special night II. Some of these moments should have been professionaly recorded for a future live DVD.
    Que nunca te doam as mãos...
    e os ouvidos. :D
  • Options
    What can I say about this gig only that it was mindblowing.It was my first time to see pearl jam live and I have to see them again.the sooner the better.I came over from Ireland to see them and it was soooooooooo worth it.
    The audience were so up for it.Does anyone know who the guy was that instigagted the mexican wave was?He was brilliant and so enthusiastic.
  • Options
    Was simple amazing.. I got shit, smile, I belive in miracles, state of love and trust etc.. trully surprised me.. never thought i would hear footsteps and garden ... And there i just missed "breath" it would make one of the greatest setlists