Bank of America

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    thanks for the tip, going to check out if my credit union (I have savings account and a loan there) has a checking account that will handle paying bills through Quicken and the ATM situation.

I use Wells Fargo, and I went through hell getting a bank account set up for my son there - they told me there would be no fees and bingo, monthly fee shows up. he only has $100 in there and they wanted to charge $3 a month.

i don't know about paying out of quicken...but i my CU offers online bill pay...and i can download transactions into quicken

imo, ATM's are not an issue...

i have access to two free atm networks
    http://www.allianceone.coop/allianceone/

http://www.cu24.com/NoPremium/

or teh grocery store...buy something, run the card as a debit, punch in a pin and get cash back
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:
    sure it is the customer's responsibilty. look how many mexican/americans are here and use one of these shady banks? they speak little to no English, and they are getting fucked.

you are telling me that several thousand people across this country are not getting charged this, insufficient funds fee because they do not have more in their checking accounts?

i would be ignorant if i believed BOA did not make millions per quarter off of this feature they force down our throats. it took me years to discover i was one of the people they were fucking over.

i suffer from ADD/ADHD shit and i am not very business like as i do not give a fuck to be that way. and in my short-comings i have had BOA steal money from me for years at a time, why? because i am irresponsible? because i didn't have a steady set amount in my checking account?

your bank, sucks. and i call it your bank because you defend them and their policies.

I am not saying they are not making money off this. Of course they are. But, it is "replacing" if you will they would make if they could lend this money to other banks and such. Sure, they charge a premium. And, I won't even argue that what they charge seems a bit much. That's a valid point. But, when you start you discussion with they shouldn't charge anything, and I should get a free ride it becomes difficult to see the argument.
    free ride? when is having a couple bucks in my checking account until next payday asking for a free ride?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Good point - all these bailouts - capitalism is dead. But we're the idiots that keep these frakking corporations in business.
    we must stop banking with banks like BOA & Wells Fargo

Again, I'm one of those idiots. I also get in on CitiBank and AmEx presales on Live Nation. Would your $9 a month be worth getting in on that?

And, I didn't cause the bailout (i.e. I've been fortunate enough to take on a mortgage I can afford). But, somehow I'm footing the bill. :?

I think you're right. I'm on the wrong side of this argument.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • chadwick wrote:
    free ride? when is having a couple bucks in my checking account until next payday asking for a free ride?

They are not providing you a service that you want for free?
    I'm also pretty sure it's fairly easy to walk into any bank and open a checking acount, as it is to close an account.

i dunno about the east of closing....i had a chase account...only because they gave me 100 bucks to open it...and keep it open for 90 days....and use my debit card 5 times per month.

so when that 90 day period was up...i went to the local branch at the local grocery store and said, give me my cash...

they couldn't... :roll: they said, we don't have cash....we have to give you a check. i laughed at them...they don't like me there anymore. :lol:

i fully admit to taking advantage of the bank. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I also get in on CitiBank and AmEx presales on Live Nation.

the rich getting richer. ;):lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

Umm.. I was using I as an example. I meant... Some people.. Err. Uhhh...

So, is Wrigley open yet?
    81 wrote:

Umm.. I was using I as an example. I meant... Some people.. Err. Uhhh...

So, is Wrigley open yet?

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

i dunno about the east of closing....i had a chase account...only because they gave me 100 bucks to open it...and keep it open for 90 days....and use my debit card 5 times per month.

so when that 90 day period was up...i went to the local branch at the local grocery store and said, give me my cash...

they couldn't... :roll: they said, we don't have cash....we have to give you a check. i laughed at them...they don't like me there anymore. :lol:

I was so tempted to do this...Chase bought out Washington Mutual.

I closed my account before they took over:
    "why do you want to close your account?"
    "I hate Chase Bank...with a passion"
    "ok" :? (says the teller dripping in Tiffany jewelery)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

And, I didn't cause the bailout (i.e. I've been fortunate enough to take on a mortgage I can afford). But, somehow I'm footing the bill. :?

Exactly! Of course the people taking out loans that they couldn't afford should not have taken out those loans, but some responsibility must rest with the banks that were giving money out like there was no tomorrow. Everybody but the people responsible for that crisis are the ones paying the price. Ridiculous!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

I was so tempted to do this...Chase bought out Washington Mutual.

I closed my account before they took over:
    "why do you want to close your account?"
    "I hate Chase Bank...with a passion"
    "ok" :? (says the teller dripping in Tiffany jewelery)

i get TCF offers quite often as well...maybe i'll recoup some bank fee's from them too. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Everybody but the people responsible for that crisis are the ones paying the price. Ridiculous!

nail...head. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i could be wrong but isn't part of things like this due to that legislation from a few years ago that made it more difficult for companies like boa to jack up interest rates on credit cards for people who were late on their payments?

think i remember reading back then that banks would find other ways to make up that lost money. so now instead of jacking up rates for delinquents they are doing things like this that affects more people.
    www.myspace.com
    i could be wrong but isn't part of things like this due to that legislation from a few years ago that made it more difficult for companies like boa to jack up interest rates on credit cards for people who were late on their payments?

think i remember reading back then that banks would find other ways to make up that lost money. so now instead of jacking up rates for delinquents they are doing things like this that affects more people.

something like..... .gov tighted regulations on CC fee's, banks responded by cranking up fee's on everything else.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:

something like..... .gov tighted regulations on CC fee's, banks responded by cranking up fee's on everything else.

correct.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    my checking account currently has $36 in it....no worries, no fee's. :lol:

it's over 40 now......whooo hooo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    my checking account currently has $36 in it....no worries, no fee's. :lol:

it's over 40 now......whooo hooo

Only until I, err, I mean THEY take your $9. Down to 31 for you, 81!
  • 81 wrote:
    (Reuters) - Bank of America Corp is planning to introduce a monthly fee for its customers holding checking accounts unless they agree to bank online, buy more products or maintain certain balances, the Wall Street Journal said.

The report on the new fee initiative at the nation's second-largest bank comes after it had faced a major consumer backlash last year when it disclosed plans for a $5-per-month debit card fee, forcing the bank to drop the plan.

Bank of America pilot programs in Arizona, Georgia and Massachusetts now are experimenting with charging $6 to $9 a month for an "Essentials" account, the paper said.

The options being tested include monthly charges of $9, $12, $15 and $25 but give customers opportunities to avoid the payments by maintaining minimum balances, using a credit card or taking a mortgage with the bank, the Journal said, citing a memo distributed to employees.

Banks, in general, are looking for ways to build revenue lost to new regulations that curb debit card swipe fees.

Bank of America could not immediately be reached for comment outside regular U.S. business hours.

so glad i have a nice little credit union to deal with.
    me too...
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    BAC is up today

8.11/share
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    BAC is up today

8.11/share

anouther 6 and change and it will be at it's 52 week high....but they pay a nice dividend. :P

i'm going to put them on my watch list....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    81 wrote:
    BAC is up today

8.11/share

anouther 6 and change and it will be at it's 52 week high....but they pay a nice dividend. :P

Been watching for a few months now, haven't pulled the trigger. I still believe its undervalued at 8. And yeah, there aren't a whole lot of these types of stocks that aren't at 52 week highs currently. Everything is zooming right now and BAC might be in for a rally soon.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    81 wrote:
    BAC is up today

8.11/share

Been watching for a few months now, haven't pulled the trigger. I still believe its undervalued at 8. And yeah, there aren't a whole lot of these types of stocks that aren't at 52 week highs currently. Everything is zooming right now and BAC might be in for a rally soon.

it looks like they are in the ralley...plus 40% YTD...

makes my YTD return look bad. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    why is it that female bank managers at BofA do not appreciate oral sex?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:

:lol:

i look forward to the punch line
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Wells Fargo to charge $7 fee on more checking accounts
    By Blake Ellis @CNNMoney March 7, 2012: 7:51 PM ETNEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Wells Fargo will start charging $7 a month for checking accounts in six more states, expanding on its efforts to do away with free checking accounts altogether.

While Wells Fargo (WFC, Fortune 500) stopped offering free checking accounts to new customers in 2010, existing customers were able to hold onto their free accounts. But then last year, the bank transitioned a group of existing customers -- mainly in Western states -- to the same $7-a-month accounts that it provides new customers. And now existing customers in six more states are about to be hit with the fee.

PrintComment
    The $7 monthly service fee will be assessed on the bank's Essential Checking account. Customers can waive the fee by maintaining a $1,500 minimum daily balance or making direct deposits of $500 or more each month. They can also get a $2 discount on the fee by opting to only receive online statements.

The bank, which has branches in 39 states and Washington D.C., declined to comment on whether this will mark the end of its rollout. It also wouldn't disclose which states would be affected by the new fee. However, CNNMoney received a Wells Fargo statement for a banking customer in New York that stated a new $7 fee would be applied to their account.

Community banks team up to fight the megabanks
    The new monthly fee will be effective May 4 in the six states, and will begin showing up on June statements (if the requirements for getting the charge waived aren't met), the bank said.

"This has been a gradual change -- we've notified many customers that this change would be happening, and this is another extension of that," said a Wells Fargo spokeswoman. "We want our customers to come in and talk to us and make sure they are in the right account and getting the options they need."

time to visit my credit union
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Kind of was bound to happen, not as much customer savings for banks to work with

Our bank raised our free checking account to 15$ a month, we need to go in and close an acct
    too... fees adds up on multiple accts.
    I think we should still be getting a senior rate that seems to have disappeared though :?

I do all my banking on line... pay all bills like that through them so I figure they should charge
    something for this, it's very convenient and lord knows we have no money for them
    to work with anymore ...
    I think I got a penny interest last quarter :lol:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

:lol:

i look forward to the punch line

I'm not sure I am...
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I get these $12 maintenance fees every month because im broke.

Fucking scum bag corporations. Yea sure, rob the ones who are already poor. I hope they all rot in hell.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09

Fucking scum bag corporations. Yea sure, rob the ones who are already poor. I hope they all rot in hell.

credit union.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    81 wrote:

credit union.

ive heard about this. what is it exactly?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09