Bank of America

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    BofA is not trying to screw anyone. But, I do think that folks should be more dilligent in understanding the services they are accepting. Do you think they WANT to make money $9 at a time?

seems a little screwing when you sign up for an account with a set of terms and then they swap those terms out with new ones at will.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    chadwick wrote:
    did you know at many banking institutions in Washington state a guy can't even change in their coins for paper money? i have tried. and when i lived out there i drove semi. i had coins falling out of my truck. i tried changing coins into paper money. not happening.

this even @ Bank of America in Westport, Wa. the BOA branch in Westport, Wa does not even have a coin counter. to get my coffee can of quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies counted and exchanged for bills, i had to physically count and put my coins into paper rolls.

can you believe this?

and here in hillbilly redneck small towns iowa, i can change my coin in paper money all day long. funny how banking works throughout this country.

what? that's crazy. those machines are everywhere. most super markets have them.
    www.myspace.com
    chadwick wrote:
    did you know at many banking institutions in Washington state a guy can't even change in their coins for paper money? i have tried. and when i lived out there i drove semi. i had coins falling out of my truck. i tried changing coins into paper money. not happening.

this even @ Bank of America in Westport, Wa. the BOA branch in Westport, Wa does not even have a coin counter. to get my coffee can of quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies counted and exchanged for bills, i had to physically count and put my coins into paper rolls.

can you believe this?

and here in hillbilly redneck small towns iowa, i can change my coin in paper money all day long. funny how banking works throughout this country.

most banks that i have been to want you to be a member for you to use that service...some have made me roll, others have counters....

or you can use coinstar, but they snap up 3% or so...unless you take store credit, then the store pays the fee.

crazy how much money is made off handling money
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Someone please explain to me why we bailed these cock-knockers out?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    81 wrote:
    or you can use coinstar, but they snap up 3% or so...unless you take store credit, then the store pays the fee.

i heard coinstar was doing away with fees???

i hope so. i have a shit ton of coins i would love to cash in for paper.
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I understand that banks need to generate income in order to stay in business but this plan sounds ridiculous. I understand rewarding customers who have multiple accounts/products, but forcing existing customers to either pay new fees or open a credit card or maintain a balance that is unrealistic for many people to keep in a checking account isn't the way to go--especially for a bank that's taken such a hard hit to its image in recent years.
    Mamasan23 wrote:

i can't figure it out myself......

i thought in a capitalist society...if you run a bad business, it goes under, if you run a good business....you make money...that's what i always thought at least...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    big business, upper top fucks sleeping together.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

No charge for coin counting at Chase.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

seems a little screwing when you sign up for an account with a set of terms and then they swap those terms out with new ones at will.

^^^this

I had an account with Key Bank (local bank in Washington State)...had it for 15 years...since they were Seattle Trust. They changed the daily minimum balance to $300. As a full time college student and full time worker, I somehow managed to keep that. Then 6 months later, the minimum was $500, or get charged $6.95/month (even if you went under the minimum for ONE DAY). I cancelled the account (happened to be moving anyway), and told them the reason I closed was "I couldn't afford the minimum, or the monthly fee".

A year later, I moved back and went back to Key Bank, they had "No Fee Checking" with direct deposit. Ok cool. then 3 months later they changed the terms, $1000 daily minimum no matter what direct deposit or not, or a $12.95 monthly fee. I closed my account, and was charged $25 for not keeping my account open for at least 6 months. It was cheaper to close the account than to pay the damn monthly fee for another 3 months. :x
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

i've not heard that...looking at their website

http://www.coinstar.com/cashincoins.aspx

they take a 9.8% cut of your cash. :shock:

it's free if you take a gift card to one of the stores on teh list

http://www.coinstar.com/FreeCoinCounting

the gf's bank does it for free for members...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    BoA feels the squeeze from shareholders screaming more more more.

I left the evil empire (Regions) a while ago for a credit union and never looked back. It only has a couple branches but then I realized I visit a branch about once a year. They use a network of ATM's so I have just as many if not more than w/ Regions. A no brainer.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

i thought in a capitalist society...if you run a bad business, it goes under, if you run a good business....you make money...that's what i always thought at least...

you think we still live in a capitalist society?
    www.myspace.com
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    thanks for the tip, going to check out if my credit union (I have savings account and a loan there) has a checking account that will handle paying bills through Quicken and the ATM situation.

I use Wells Fargo, and I went through hell getting a bank account set up for my son there - they told me there would be no fees and bingo, monthly fee shows up. he only has $100 in there and they wanted to charge $3 a month.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,437
    THOSE FUCKING EVIL CORPORATIONS WILL BE THE END OF US ALL!!!!!!

I cant wait for Pearl Jam to re-release No Code for $200.00!!!!!

Maybe they will throw in a couple of stickers!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    maj4e wrote:
    BoA feels the squeeze from shareholders screaming more more more.

I left the evil empire (Regions) a while ago for a credit union and never looked back. It only has a couple branches but then I realized I visit a branch about once a year. They use a network of ATM's so I have just as many if not more than w/ Regions. A no brainer.

this...

my closest CU branch is 250 miles, but with the shared banking, i can stop at the local CU and do deposits and withdrawls with no problem....but that's rare...i normally just grab 100 bucks once a week at the local grocery store when i make my beer purchcase.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

can you believe this?

most banks that i have been to want you to be a member for you to use that service...some have made me roll, others have counters....

crazy how much money is made off handling money

yes i understand they like a guy to be a member of said bank before counting and exchanging coin for paper. that i understand. don't like it, but i understand it i guess. what i find funny though is that BOA can't even house a coin counters in at least 8 diffderent westcoast banking locales. believe me i have looked and tried and wasted my time and even blocked traffic in the town that's 20 miles south of Bellingham, Wa. sorry Sir, we don't have a coin counter. can you please move your semi truck and load of fish that's leaking slime on our street and lot?

can you suck my balls?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    chadwick wrote:

can you suck my balls?

for a small monthly fee, maybe they would do that
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

heart, 81.

you make me laugh everyday
    :lol:
    81 kicks a lot of ass :thumbup:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

^^^this

I had an account with Key Bank (local bank in Washington State)...had it for 15 years...since they were Seattle Trust. They changed the daily minimum balance to $300. As a full time college student and full time worker, I somehow managed to keep that. Then 6 months later, the minimum was $500, or get charged $6.95/month (even if you went under the minimum for ONE DAY). I cancelled the account (happened to be moving anyway), and told them the reason I closed was "I couldn't afford the minimum, or the monthly fee".

A year later, I moved back and went back to Key Bank, they had "No Fee Checking" with direct deposit. Ok cool. then 3 months later they changed the terms, $1000 daily minimum no matter what direct deposit or not, or a $12.95 monthly fee. I closed my account, and was charged $25 for not keeping my account open for at least 6 months. It was cheaper to close the account than to pay the damn monthly fee for another 3 months. :x
    wow. i can't imagine being a banker and taking people's money like this. these are criminals and hey should be thrown in prison.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    thanks for the tip, going to check out if my credit union (I have savings account and a loan there) has a checking account that will handle paying bills through Quicken and the ATM situation.

I use Wells Fargo, and I went through hell getting a bank account set up for my son there - they told me there would be no fees and bingo, monthly fee shows up. he only has $100 in there and they wanted to charge $3 a month.
    i am getting sicker the more banking horror stories i read here.

Wells Fargo and Bank of America are crooked as fuck. they are in bed with Saudi oil, D.C. politicians, and BOA executives. i know if i were a crooked chief executive officer over @ BOA, i would be nailing all the big titted, hot ass broads over at Wells Fargo; we'd be fucking in the bank vaults on pallets of cash and sacks of coins as pillows.

next day at the bank a customer says, "why is my money sticking together?"
    :twisted:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    I agree with you. And your post above. Full disclosure should be made. But, that goes both ways. You have to want to listen. BofA is not trying to screw anyone. But, I do think that folks should be more dilligent in understanding the services they are accepting. Do you think they WANT to make money $9 at a time?
    stop it. you know fullwell that if they get $9.00 from me they are collecting $9.00 from, let's say, 400,000 people on any given day, 7 days a week.

I'm sorry. I missed where this was a daily charge. Or, are you saying there are 12 MIllion people every month who willing have this charged to them without chaning their bank? And if they do, who's at fault? I'm losing track of who's responsible for what at this point.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Good point - all these bailouts - capitalism is dead. But we're the idiots that keep these frakking corporations in business.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Well I been workin in the goddamn sun
    Just for a dollar day
    I been workin for a dollar a day
    I been workin for a dollar a day

And I never understood why all my money
    Goes down to the man at the bank
    When all he does is sit and think
    About the money that I'm gonna make
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

we live in a greedy society... :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

^^^this

They gave no notice? If that's the case, then I agree. I'm pretty sure they have to give notice of x number of days.

They also can't target individuals. So, maybe the timing was poor (and unfortunate). But, I'm pretty sure they can't say - we will do this to every bank account as soon as it opens. It's a fairly regulated industry.

I'm also pretty sure it's fairly easy to walk into any bank and open a checking acount, as it is to close an account. Sure, nobody wants to be doing that on a regular basis. That sucks. But, it's not like they can say today we're doing this, and oh, by the way we charged you LAST month.

But, we should keep up the poor me. That works well. I'm actually educating my kids in it. There's so much of it around them, so what the hell! Right?
    chadwick wrote:
    I agree with you. And your post above. Full disclosure should be made. But, that goes both ways. You have to want to listen. BofA is not trying to screw anyone. But, I do think that folks should be more dilligent in understanding the services they are accepting. Do you think they WANT to make money $9 at a time?
    stop it. you know fullwell that if they get $9.00 from me they are collecting $9.00 from, let's say, 400,000 people on any given day, 7 days a week.

I'm sorry. I missed where this was a daily charge. Or, are you saying there are 12 MIllion people every month who willing have this charged to them without chaning their bank? And if they do, who's at fault? I'm losing track of who's responsible for what at this point.
    sure it is the customer's responsibilty. look how many mexican/americans are here and use one of these shady banks? they speak little to no English, and they are getting fucked.

you are telling me that several thousand people across this country are not getting charged this, insufficient funds fee because they do not have more in their checking accounts?

i would be ignorant if i believed BOA did not make millions per quarter off of this feature they force down our throats. it took me years to discover i was one of the people they were fucking over.

i suffer from ADD/ADHD shit and i am not very business like as i do not give a fuck to be that way. and in my short-comings i have had BOA steal money from me for years at a time, why? because i am irresponsible? because i didn't have a steady set amount in my checking account?

your bank, sucks. and i call it your bank because you defend them and their policies.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 81 wrote:
    we live in a greedy society... :(

FACT!

But, it's myopic to not understand WHY the bailouts were done. I don't necessarily agree with them, but there is a real reason it was done. GM was for the Unions.

But, the banks were because Clinton forced (or as forced as it could be) banks to take on risky loans that they shouldn't have been allowing in the first place. So, the housing bubble was created. And pop it did. So, we can't on one hand cheer on the gov't to give us money (the easy loans), then say - those crooks!!! Now they want us to help them out.

Nevermind the utter destruction to our economy if the banks went under. Again, I'm not agreeing with the bailouts. But, I can at least see the logic. We should have taken personal responsibility and not accepted loans we could not afford. But, somehow it's easier to blame big business.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Good point - all these bailouts - capitalism is dead. But we're the idiots that keep these frakking corporations in business.
    we must stop banking with banks like BOA & Wells Fargo

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    sure it is the customer's responsibilty. look how many mexican/americans are here and use one of these shady banks? they speak little to no English, and they are getting fucked.

you are telling me that several thousand people across this country are not getting charged this, insufficient funds fee because they do not have more in their checking accounts?

i would be ignorant if i believed BOA did not make millions per quarter off of this feature they force down our throats. it took me years to discover i was one of the people they were fucking over.

i suffer from ADD/ADHD shit and i am not very business like as i do not give a fuck to be that way. and in my short-comings i have had BOA steal money from me for years at a time, why? because i am irresponsible? because i didn't have a steady set amount in my checking account?

your bank, sucks. and i call it your bank because you defend them and their policies.

I am not saying they are not making money off this. Of course they are. But, it is "replacing" if you will they would make if they could lend this money to other banks and such. Sure, they charge a premium. And, I won't even argue that what they charge seems a bit much. That's a valid point. But, when you start you discussion with they shouldn't charge anything, and I should get a free ride it becomes difficult to see the argument.