Best and Worst Pearl Jam Posters

Comments

• mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    mcthud wrote:
    Boston 2010

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmDSpOqf9rOr6Cn-GwhXf5Ib3dG4-fxjM70QXRxVPoaR4td3UjsQ

I have no earthly clue what the fuck it means, but I absolutely love it.

great question.. i checked eb ... no explanation but some ideas

obviously we have a bruin in there

and a tea party

and is the green for the celtics? the boston irish?

small my table... seats just 3?

the trees in the back?

the venue name being incorrect??

and PhishDMB says "Also, with all the talk about Boston references in this poster, Im suprised no one has mentioned the references to free masonry. The eye in the upside down triangle on the headress and the pattern on the tablecloth are both maconic symbols. The free masons certainly have their place in Boston's past. "

lots going on in this print

Nice, dude. Thanks.

You still have the best screen name on the boards. :)
  • KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    dwhite76 wrote:
    Karley wrote:
    The 2009 Vancouver poster of the moose smoking a pipe with Pearl Jam for antlers was really stinky.

Ha! I think it's one of their best! That poster is brilliantly funny, real cool colors and I also dig the birdy sitting on the Pearl Jam lettering.

BUT my all time favorite is from the same tour, same country -> http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/108197 - Klausen of course...I know lots of people have it on their walls, looks exceptionally good in a bright orange frame. An absolute masterpiece!

I loved that Klausen poster up until I got it and saw it in person. I was so disappointed. It seemed like it was cheap and made on recycled paper :(

I actually think that kind of adds to it's appeal! Can't imagine the poster on bleached white paper!

Another fav of mine - not from PJ ---

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/42046#
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • stipe19stipe19 Posts: 237
    002-2.jpg

Still searching for this one. I want it.
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    mcthud wrote:
    mcthud wrote:
    Boston 2010

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmDSpOqf9rOr6Cn-GwhXf5Ib3dG4-fxjM70QXRxVPoaR4td3UjsQ

I have no earthly clue what the fuck it means, but I absolutely love it.

great question.. i checked eb ... no explanation but some ideas

obviously we have a bruin in there

and a tea party

and is the green for the celtics? the boston irish?

small my table... seats just 3?

the trees in the back?

the venue name being incorrect??

and PhishDMB says "Also, with all the talk about Boston references in this poster, Im suprised no one has mentioned the references to free masonry. The eye in the upside down triangle on the headress and the pattern on the tablecloth are both maconic symbols. The free masons certainly have their place in Boston's past. "

lots going on in this print

Nice, dude. Thanks.

You still have the best screen name on the boards. :)

This poster is superb
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    This may easily be my favorite poster of all time:

GorgeKlausen.jpg

Still need to get this one!
    This is my favorite too.
  • the poster for alpine valley for me is not good, not the worst, but for the 20 years.....
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • PERTH 14 NOVEMBER 2009

CLOCKWORK ORANGE POSTER IS THE BEST
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Chicago 2009...that jacked up alien poster. Ordered posters for both shows ahead of time through 10C, so I can't complain. It is just uglier than hell, and I'll probably never frame it.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

PJVancouver2011.jpg

((((( shudders ))))))

I love that poster!

such creativity :roll:

revell-1-8-wolfman-model-kit~6163870w.jpg

Wow. Just...wow.

Boggles the mind that they would make such a bad poster by ripping off such a bad action figure.

I'm by no means any expert on the posters...but this one is just fugly! Can't imagine one I'd like less.

From what I've seen, I like the Klausen posters. I know everyone around here loves Ames Bros...but of the posters I have seen of theirs, I find very few that I really like. Now granted, I think they are going for the male demographic...but still - I just think most of them are sort of scary looking. Klausen seems to have made more that I would actually allow on my walls.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,521
    Klausen dusseldorf liked it so much I got it tattooed on my arm, worst London Hyde park
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJ 4 EverPJ 4 Ever Posts: 176
    My favorite PJ posters that I own are:

- '00 Chicago
    - '98 St. Louis
    - '98 Alpine Valley/Chicago
    - '97 Oakland
    - '10 Kansas City
    - '10 St. Louis
    - '03 Champaign
    - '11 PJ20 Billboard
    - '11 PJ20 Ten Club

You and I have the same taste! I own all of the above too (except for Oakland and KC, as I did not attend those shows), and would have to agree that they are among my favorite! Especially UNCLE SNUFFY!!
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4

Total = 60 (1st: Milwaukee 7/8/95, Last: Milwaukee Next: TBD in 2015)
  • corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    Chicago 2009...that jacked up alien poster. Ordered posters for both shows ahead of time through 10C, so I can't complain. It is just uglier than hell, and I'll probably never frame it.

Night 1, with the weird Bulls themed basketballer floating in space wasn't much better.
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,165
    Melbourne 2009 I didn't like at all. To the point where i didnt buy it. Just didn't do it for me. After my first show in '98 I vowed to buy a poster for every show I went to or obtain one in one way or another but this just wasn't a good one!!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • pjsycopjsyco Posts: 646
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

revell-1-8-wolfman-model-kit~6163870w.jpg

Hmm... well I didn't know about THAT. :?

a plastic model from the '60s....they also had frankenstein, the mummy and dracula :lol:

Can you imagine being a kid, waking up in the middle of the night, and that being the first thing you see? Would totally freak me out.

HMMMM, if my step-kids are being brats, they might have a Pearl Jam poster hanging in their room. ;)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    Melbourne 2009 I didn't like at all. To the point where i didnt buy it. Just didn't do it for me. After my first show in '98 I vowed to buy a poster for every show I went to or obtain one in one way or another but this just wasn't a good one!!

i don't think that melbourne is bad at all....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    corduroy10 wrote:

Night 1, with the weird Bulls themed basketballer floating in space wasn't much better.

night two has grown on me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,165
    Maybe I was expecting too much! And my own high expectations let me down. I have a 2006 one with Ned Kelly. Missed out in 03 but have a 'frogmen invade Melbourne Park' one from 98, when the posters were a lot smaller.
    81 wrote:
    BrainofBGA wrote:

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    Maybe I was expecting too much! And my own high expectations let me down. I have a 2006 one with Ned Kelly. Missed out in 03 but have a 'frogmen invade Melbourne Park' one from 98, when the posters were a lot smaller.
    81 wrote:
    BrainofBGA wrote:

i've got that Ned Kelly one....it's pretty bad ass

and now that i know who it is and read a little, i like it even more. very interesting poster.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • -Emma- wrote:
    I'm also not a fan of the poster for Ed's solo show that I went to last year:

34ph15x.jpg

Wait? You don't like this poster? Oh my...

LOVE that one.

Please tell me you like this one though: pearl-jam-dublin-2010-brad-klausen.jpg

That might be my favorite actually. Has anyone ever messed with shining lights behind a poster like this. In good lighting this poster looks even better!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,954
    -Emma- wrote:
    I'm also not a fan of the poster for Ed's solo show that I went to last year:

34ph15x.jpg

Wait? You don't like this poster? Oh my...

LOVE that one.

don't like it, either.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 869
    I love the EV Emek (perfect imagery) accept for the font...should have been made out of the clouds themselves instead of just hovering there completely out of place.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Considering the philly shows from 09 are some of the best gigs this band has ever played, the posters were awful.

I own all of my favourites that I can afford.
    London 10
    Arras 10
    Nijmegan 10
    Gdynia 10
    Pert 09
    LA 09 (night 3)
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006
    Max Lennon Higgs-22nd October 2010
    My two boys are the light of my life.

check my band/project out at www.soundclick.com/nineyardsleft
  • PJ 4 Ever wrote:
    My favorite PJ posters that I own are:

- '00 Chicago
    - '98 St. Louis
    - '98 Alpine Valley/Chicago
    - '97 Oakland
    - '10 Kansas City
    - '10 St. Louis
    - '03 Champaign
    - '11 PJ20 Billboard
    - '11 PJ20 Ten Club

You and I have the same taste! I own all of the above too (except for Oakland and KC, as I did not attend those shows), and would have to agree that they are among my favorite! Especially UNCLE SNUFFY!!

Nice! Yep, Chicago '00 is my favorite...thus my screen name.

I only buy posters for shows I attended...otherwise I'd be broke ha ha!

The ones I own that are in the middle of the pack for me include (in no particular order):

- '04 St.Louis VFC
    - '03 Chicago
    - '06 Chicago by Klausen
    - '09 Chicago I and II
    - '11 Alpine Valley by Ames and Klausen
    - '11 Alpine Valley Mookie by Ames
    I might have missed one or two but I think that about covers it.

I can't wait to get the rest of mine framed and displayed in my new media room. I will have all of them up along with my PJ20 flag displayed on a silver 8 foot indoor flag pole. I think it's going to turn into my favorite room in my house!

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    81 wrote:
    BrainofBGA wrote:

I have the Ned Kelly one too, up on my family room wall. The Melb '09 was ok, but not good enough for me to buy, as I havent many places to put posters up. Loved the Adelaide one posted by a previous poster but still havent got around to framing it yet. One day soon I hope, as it's a great poster.
  • Love the 2010 10/7 Oeiras Poster.

pjoeiras2010.jpg

The concert was by the shore of Oeiras, a Portugal town located at the end of Tagus River.
    Portugal also has a very impressive Gothic architecture,
    therefore the Octopus styled in a Stained Glass, brilliant! ;)

That night was amazing! The sea-breeze blowing in our faces and Peal jam in our senses created a bond between all os us…
    I always get goosebumps as I remember Eddie Vedder leaving the stage with the Portuguese flag on his back… its was surreal… One of the best shows ever!
    Only the dead have seen the end of war
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,253
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKx9__8lU1OinOI5uBqx-OkEbz125F2HU-cSxtplSy1K-PEWcK
    Best poster ever.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    One of my favorites:
    pearljam.jpg

One of my least favorites despite the fact that the ugly ass thing hangs in my place:

$%28KGrHqZ,!loE4ly2IYc9BOKvBRb4Jw~~0_35.JPG
    Heisenberg wrote:
    One of my least favorites despite the fact that the ugly ass thing hangs in my place:

you were there too....damn. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

you were there too....damn. :lol:

And I was at both Chicago 09 shows 81. I have a feeling you and I have attended a lot of the same shows.
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID Posts: 895
    the st.john's 2005 one is pretty bad http://gigposters.com/poster/53566_Pearl_Jam.html
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016