What's the most you ever paid for a pair of shoes/boots?

13»

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    My 1991 Air Jordans. Wish I knew how to post pictures here - the shoes were sweet!
    These?
    air-jordan-vi-carmine-retro-01.jpg
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Suziemay wrote:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    My 1991 Air Jordans. Wish I knew how to post pictures here - the shoes were sweet!
    These?
    air-jordan-vi-carmine-retro-01.jpg

Yes but in Black
    How's this?

jordans_7.jpg
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Suziemay wrote:
    How's this?

jordans_7.jpg

Those are the ones. I remember saving up for them in high school. Luckily I worked at the shoe store in the mall so I got a discount on them. Loved those shoes.
  • Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so the consensus is.....398 plus tax is ok.....as long as my bills are paid. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I never pay full price. $150 is my limit. Although, I once paid about 5 times that for a YSL handbag. :oops:
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I never pay full price. $150 is my limit. Although, I once paid about 5 times that for a YSL handbag. :oops:
    Did you mean VGL handbag?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Caveeze wrote:
    I never pay full price. $150 is my limit. Although, I once paid about 5 times that for a YSL handbag. :oops:

No, actually, I meant Louis Vuitton, not Yves Saint Laurent.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My point earlier wasn't necessarily about the cost of the shoes....it was directed at the apparent awe that a poster (sorry can't remember who it was) appeared to have over someone buying expensive shoes....like somehow that was REALLY impressive. Anyone can go spend $1000 on a pair of shoes....I can go do it right now....it is not impressive....nor is it heroic.

And I have to say that some of the shoes posted in this thread are horrible!! :lol:

I could easily spend $500+ on a pair of fantastic quality knee high boots with nice chunky platform heel that would last forever.... the heel always seems to be my issue with shoes though....I don't like stilettos....I like a bit of thickness....but not too thick....and they need to be snug around my calves....which also seems to be a problem with boots. Fuck I love boots! Just wish I could wear them without sweating so much. :x One day I will get my winter clothing dream....one day.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    One day I will get my winter clothing dream....one day.

come to chicago and see your dream guy..... :P

and bring some laundry detergent, we are running low
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    My point earlier wasn't necessarily about the cost of the shoes....it was directed at the apparent awe that a poster (sorry can't remember who it was) appeared to have over someone buying expensive shoes....like somehow that was REALLY impressive. Anyone can go spend $1000 on a pair of shoes....I can go do it right now....it is not impressive....nor is it heroic.

And I have to say that some of the shoes posted in this thread are horrible!! :lol:

I could easily spend $500+ on a pair of fantastic quality knee high boots with nice chunky platform heel that would last forever.... the heel always seems to be my issue with shoes though....I don't like stilettos....I like a bit of thickness....but not too thick....and they need to be snug around my calves....which also seems to be a problem with boots. Fuck I love boots! Just wish I could wear them without sweating so much. :x One day I will get my winter clothing dream....one day.

It was me, kitty cat. Take a joke.
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
    Caveeze wrote:
    That's really funny considering what I thought VGL was :lol::lol::lol:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

vaginal yeast infection?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • For me $125

For my wife... We just broke the 4 figure barrier. Red soles.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I paid about $260 for the pair of boots I am wearing right now. They are Red Wings and they are the best. I bought them in 2008, soles wore through in about late 2010, had em re-soled for about $50 and I am still rockin the shit out of them. I will never buy another brand of workboot ever again.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • For me $125

For my wife... We just broke the 4 figure barrier. Red soles.
    ha...that blondie deserves everything :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    About $160-$200 seems to be the average for me. I definitely have a shoe fetish. ;)

Oh...we are going to have fun when you come in shoe shopping :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I just bought a pair of knee high boots and they ran me $200. But they are friggen sexy as shit and I'll have them for a couple years. Heels...oh hell...I've spent a small fortune...but lately I've been getting lucky and getting them on super sale.

I definitely have a shoe fetish :mrgreen:
    81 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    vaginal yeast infection?

Well, it would have to be Vaginal Geast Linfection for it to be VGL :lol::lol:

I thought VGL = Very Good Lover. Caveeze didn't mind. I'm sure Leezestarr313 wouldn't either :D