What's the most you ever paid for a pair of shoes/boots?

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
:o :shock: :lol:

go
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    We're waiting BD.... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    We're waiting BD.... :lol:

while we wait....what's your answer?

i think to date...i'm right around 100 bucks or so.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I bought a pair of boots for 250 Euros (= $334 :o ) when I received my first paycheck from my first real job. I never really wore them and sold them after a couple of years. Shame on me.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    $230.00 ish

redwing workboots
    i will look for a picture

i even loved them so much i bought a second pair exactly like the first set i had
    and i even had one of them sets resoled

redwing boots. nothing is nicer on my feet than redwings.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    81 wrote:

$120

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpKxVdeeTOpUhUNfKHAUIeJPeiAFIZl0skWyaChWF292HvkMNz

I still have/wear them...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I spent $180 on "Made in England" Doc Martens.

I was too impatient to wait for the imported/cheaper version....it was odd that the actual company was out of my size!
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

$120

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpKxVdeeTOpUhUNfKHAUIeJPeiAFIZl0skWyaChWF292HvkMNz

I still have/wear them...
    logger boots

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    $230.00 ish

redwing workboots

i even loved them so much i bought a second pair exactly like the first set i had

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-sh ... boot-brown

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    $14,750 for my antigravity shoes.
  • Around $120 on Basketball shoes...its alot, but I wore them for 3 years till they completly blew out. I got my moneys worth thats for sure :)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    about 100 bucks for construction boots
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,831
    $375
    Ferragamo loafers-on sale!
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    Rockport slip ons. About 150 bucks but I wore them nearly every day for a decade.
    Still comfortable but the sole developed a leak and a cobbler couldn't fix them.
  • pair of Italian shoes - $250.00. They lasted for years, wore them a few times a week. Still have them but they are in need to a cobbler's touch.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I paid about $80 for a pair of these in red:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxbiPzmw_3IQHKIdRoCEfDwTtjhvRWLB1Fj1tY3BXWlTzfl0_e

I had them for 10+ years and love love LOVE them!
    SOOOOOO comfy!
    Wore them to Alpine...
    Fucking rain and mud...
    Nothing will fix them now... :cry:

I still can't bear to throw them away...because they don't make them anymore

- Christopher McCandless
  • Are there still cobblers out there? I've never met a cobbler.
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
    EvieVedder wrote:
    Are there still cobblers out there? I've never met a cobbler.

a few...they are a dying breed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I spent about $250 on a pair of black heeled boots at Nordstrom once...it was hard to do but they lasted me about 5 years and I love love loved them! I mean, price per wear...totally worth it!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I paid about $80 for a pair of these in red:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxbiPzmw_3IQHKIdRoCEfDwTtjhvRWLB1Fj1tY3BXWlTzfl0_e

I had them for 10+ years and love love LOVE them!
    SOOOOOO comfy!
    Wore them to Alpine...
    Fucking rain and mud...
    Nothing will fix them now... :cry:

I still can't bear to throw them away...because they don't make them anymore

mail them out, i drive up and give them a proper burial at alpine.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Myself, $150 Redwing boots for work. Lasted forever and comfortable as hell.

For my wife, $200+ for Uggs of course.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,903
    chadwick wrote:
    $230.00 ish

redwing workboots

this. except for the resoleing on the first pair. I still have the 1st pair to be able to resole but the toes are gone on the steeltoe part.

Chad stole my story.

F'n thieves, I tell ya!! ;):mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    EvieVedder wrote:

Yep and a little known secret, most can fix things like luggage too.
    I had a wheel fall off the pull behind suitcase, $20 later good as new.
    least expensive?

$25 for Rocky workboots. Through my current employer!!! Good boots too. Comfy. Summers gonna suck though. They are waterproof, feet already get sweaty. Gonna need a couple airholes put into them at the arches.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    least expensive?

$25 for Rocky workboots. Through my current employer!!! Good boots too. Comfy. Summers gonna suck though. They are waterproof, feet already get sweaty. Gonna need a couple airholes put into them at the arches.

gf bought some flip flops from old navy for like a buck a pair.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EvieVedder wrote:

Never had any shoes break on you? These folks are awesome!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    About $160-$200 seems to be the average for me. I definitely have a shoe fetish. ;)
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,804
    probably about $100
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Maybe $110 back in the early 90's for my Docs that I still wear occasionally...they've been through rain,mud, snow and they're still fine. and actually "Santa" paid for them

The most I spend on shoes on average $60...and that's for different Docs that are usually on sale...those shoes live forever or until you get cow shit all over them...sorry RK :(
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Doc Martens....bought 3 pairs over the past 15 years or so....at about $200 a pair. Best money I've ever spent on shoes....each pair lasts a good 5 years with constant wear. I'm not really a shoe person. I only own 5 pairs:

Docs - $200
    Knee high boots - $30
    Sneakers - $50
    Slip on wedges - $35
    Good thongs - $10
    Yard thongs - $2.50

....sorry, that's 6. If I lived in a cooler climate, I'd have a LOT more boots.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    least expensive?

gf bought some flip flops from old navy for like a buck a pair.
    which are awesome to wear in the truckstop showers. to do my job on the otherhand.....