Options

Thanks to Released1980!

mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
edited February 2012 in Lost Dogs
Timmy (Released1980) sent me a pm not too long ago with a really cool idea. After the backlash that I've received today, it has helped to remind me that there really are some amazing people here. So, the White Backspacer is no longer for sale....but rather, you have the chance to win it. More info can be found here:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=184305

Thanks again, Timmy.

Cheers,
Matt

I'd also like to thank those that have bumped my trade/sale/ISO threads over the last couple of months. It really means a lot! Special thanks to Robley (White Discusssion).
I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    sorry. see what i'm looking for now:)
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    What a deal!
    From $25-200 :lol:
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    What a deal!

the same could be said for Binaural. i'm not flipping this thing, man. i'd actually like to keep it, but it's the only way to get the $ for Binaural.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    mfc2006 wrote:
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    What a deal!

the same could be said for Binaural. i'm not flipping this thing, man. i'd actually like to keep it, but it's the only way to get the $ for Binaural.

Hey no worries fella, thats the market.
    I tried the same for Riot Act or Lost Dogs.
    Good luck to you with your search! ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    in my tree 76in my tree 76 The city by the lake Posts: 261
    Wow my white is worth 250 dollars then, mine has never been opened. LMFAO
    I'll never flip it.
    Soldier Field 7/11/95 Alpine Valley 6/26/98 United Center 6/29/98 The Ice Bowl10/8/00 United Center 5/17/06 United Center 8/23/09 Verizon Wireless 5/7/10 EV Chicago Theater 6/29/11 PJ20 9/3/11 9/4/11 Wrigley Field 7/19/13 Memphis 10/14/14 Moline 10/17/14 Wrigley Field 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 8/18/18 Wrigley Field 8/20/18> 17× United Center 9/7/23
  • Options
    Wow my white is worth 250 dollars then, mine has never been opened. LMFAO
    I'll never flip it.

thanks for your input.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    What is the point of buying music to NOT play it?
  • Options
    How does this get derailed? Wtf..Bump for Matts Binaural.....
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options

i already have the black vinyl copy & play it all the time. i bought the white one on gut reaction & don't really need two copies of the same album. i play all of my vinyl...all the time. the point of selling/trading it is so i can get Binaural sealed or unsealed. it doesn't matter to me if it's sealed or not b/c i'll tear it open as soon as it arrives.

good enough answer for ya?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

thanks. the reaction i've recived in this thread & through pm's is why i was hesitant to even post this thread. i'd rather this go to someone here then sell it to some random person on eBay.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    How else are you supposed to obtain these records w/o selling some stuff, unless you have a lot of extra money lying around. Give him a break- he's putting the money towards another record he otherwise couldn't drop the cash on.
  • Options
    How else are you supposed to obtain these records w/o selling some stuff, unless you have a lot of extra money lying around. Give him a break- he's putting the money towards another record he otherwise couldn't drop the cash on.

thanks for that. i've tried the trading route & it didn't work, so the next step was selling it. i think this may be the last time i try to sell anything here...this is ridiculous.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Matt your $200 asking price is fine, I wouldn't take anything said here to heart. Your intentions are honest ;).
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    Matt - the beauty of being free is being able to offer something for sale if you want to. Don't forget that. If you choose to sell something for $200, that's your free right. If someone wants to buy it, they will. If they don't want to buy it, that's their free will as well.

Good luck to you sir as all of us are routing for you (and trying to find) to achieve your wishlist items!

-EV
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    mfc2006 wrote:

thanks. the reaction i've recived in this thread & through pm's is why i was hesitant to even post this thread. i'd rather this go to someone here then sell it to some random person on eBay.

This happens all too often now. If people don't like a price quoted, move on. I hope the pm's weren't nasty. I'd be hesitant to sell a high value item on here too.

Anyways good luck with your sale and search for Binaural dude :thumbup:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Matt has been trying for ages to trade this and has had no bites so what else is he meant to do? :? Good luck mate. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

It's ridiculous..Even more so that the white bs is gonna quadruple in value in time. Wait till the next album drops, all the "new" fans jump on the bandwagon, buy up the remaining backspacers out of goods and viola! White Backspacer back to $1200 on eBay... :lol: Good luck Matt, if I had Binaural it would be yours.. ;)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Ley hateers hate. These people are so quick to jump on someone but Im sure these losers would do the same thing in your situation.

200 is a fair asking price, especially if youre just trying to obtain another vinyl. Good luck with your sale.

And screw all of you giving him shit.
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    It is a bit overpriced considering that there are two up on ebay right now, Buy it Now.
    One for $180.00 & One for $198.00, both sealed...
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

i already have the black vinyl copy & play it all the time. i bought the white one on gut reaction & don't really need two copies of the same album. i play all of my vinyl...all the time. the point of selling/trading it is so i can get Binaural sealed or unsealed. it doesn't matter to me if it's sealed or not b/c i'll tear it open as soon as it arrives.

good enough answer for ya?

Sorry, I was referring to the "I'll never flip it guy." Just wondered what the point of having it is then if you're not using it to play it or as an investment.
  • Options
    It is a bit overpriced considering that there are two up on ebay right now, Buy it Now.

like i said, i'm trying to offer it up to a fellow fan here on the boards. if you think it's overpriced, then don't pm me with an offer. it's as simple as that.

thanks for the support, everyone. some of the reactions have left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Some people think this is acceptable (me being one).

And some people do this:
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=184107

Interesting...
  • Options

wtf? I guess its ok to sell a $25 album/used for $200, just don't try to trade a $30 poster for a $30 poster.

Then again, its probably just who you know around here....

Free The Market.

Good luck on your quest Matt, I for one support it.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

like i said, i'm trying to offer it up to a fellow fan here on the boards. if you think it's overpriced, then don't pm me with an offer. it's as simple as that.

thanks for the support, everyone. some of the reactions have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Not trying to beat you up dude but the prices on here are supposed to be better than ebay to help your fellow fan.
    You're $20 more for an open copy & don't have to pay 15% to ebay...
    A sealed one sold yesterday at auction for $153.00
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

Not trying to beat you up dude but the prices on here are supposed to be better than ebay to help your fellow fan.

Then head on over there and buy it :)
  • Options

thanks for the info. i have also done research & shouldn't have to explain myself at every turn. if you think it's too high, don't buy it. or if you want to sell your copy for $125, be my guest.

i am selling it to buy Binaural. period.

if you like the prices on eBay, buy from there. thanks.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Thanks but I bought one for $20 like the OP.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

thanks for the info. i have also done research & shouldn't have to explain myself at every turn. if you think it's too high, don't buy it. or if you want to sell your copy for $125, be my guest.

i am selling it to buy Binaural. period.

if you like the prices on eBay, buy from there. thanks.

Ya but that defeats the whole spirit of this forum...
    You didn't do research or you wouldn't have offered it for that much!
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    For the record(pun intended), I would rather spend $20 more and KNOW that I am getting a White BS rather than take a chance at a sealed one on ebay(where you can't be sure unless it is open).
  • Options

Ya but that defeats the whole spirit of this forum...
    You didn't do research or you wouldn't have offered it for that much!

do you know what research i've done? have you not seen how i do my best to help others out on this forum with giveaways/holy grails/thread bumps/etc? it's pretty crappy of you to try to call me out. if you don't want it, move on.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com