Options

Thanks to Released1980!

Comments

• Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    For the record(pun intended), I would rather spend $20 more and KNOW that I am getting a White BS rather than take a chance at a sealed one on ebay(where you can't be sure unless it is open).

Actually, $47 more...
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    crazypjfan wrote:
    For the record(pun intended), I would rather spend $20 more and KNOW that I am getting a White BS rather than take a chance at a sealed one on ebay(where you can't be sure unless it is open).

Actually, $47 more...

Beat it 8-)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    crazypjfan wrote:

Actually, $47 more...

unreal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqnkWxPw1gHiA6-oIOvQTv768aOQwiZVbazl-2cj6-NxXUCEaqSS5CFRVc
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Actually, $47 more...

unreal.

You're right... I'm out of line. Good luck with your sale.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    crazypjfan wrote:

Yep. I've heard a few stories of people buying a White BS on ebay only for it to be the black vinyl.
    Some people think this is acceptable (me being one).

And some people do this:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=184107

Interesting...

Two different scenarios. Matt's tried to trade his white Backspacer on here for weeks but with no luck. That other thread, the guy bought that poster and put it up for trade on here straight away. Anyway lets not go there cos it's not helping Matt get his Binaural
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    [ Matt's tried to trade his white Backspacer on here for weeks but with no luck. That other thread, the guy bought that poster and put it up for trade on here straight away. Anyway lets not go there cos it's not helping Matt get his Binaural

thanks.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Bump for a Binurual
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    An extra bump for Binaural! ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    suprised it hasn't sold yet....

i had multiple people after my company.....good luck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Timmy (Released1980) sent me a pm not too long ago with a really cool idea. After the backlash that I've received today, it has helped to remind me that there really are some amazing people here. So, the White Backspacer is no longer for sale....but rather, you have the chance to win it. More info can be found here:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=184305

Thanks again, Timmy.

Cheers,
    Matt

I'd also like to thank those that have bumped my trade/sale/ISO threads over the last couple of months. It really means a lot! Special thanks to Robley (White Discusssion).
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    It is great threads like this one, that make me very hesitant to post my stuff for sale and just go straight to ebay. I have something that I know there are a few people here would want, but I'm not really ready to get torched just yet.

Good luck to OP on getting Binaural.
  • Options
    I find this all very confusing. Matt, we have talked in the past and I think we have a goot raport, but unfortunately, I'm alarmed by this thread.

There are many people who have posted on this thread in support of Matt trying to sell his White Backspacer for way above market value. Fine. Post whatever price you wish for. I have stated that in the past and I stand by that today. However, what I find most alarming is the fact that people informing other members on this thread of the price being too high being told to move on and leave it alone. Matt, I KNOW you have done this several times in the past yourself, in service to other members. I don't see anything wrong with that. I've done it myself. Many people post prices that are too high in error, some post to gouge, either way, a good community looks out for its members. You have never shyed away from telling someone that their price is too high. Or, at the very least, posting a :? .

But now you are telling people to mind their own business on your sale? Not only that, but using the fact that you have contributed to holy grails and given stuff away (something MANY of us here do on a regular basis) as an excuse to be allowed to do this? Something just doesn't sit right with that.

Matt, I really hope you get your Binaural. And I think Released1980 came up with a really good idea to turn this around. I just think we all need to be mindful that the rules apply to us all here.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    It would be kinda ironic if you sell(raffle) the white Backspacer on here for more, then buy Binaural on ebay...
    Hope I'm incorrect and just jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    It would be kinda ironic if you sell(raffle) the white Backspacer on here for more, then buy Binaural on ebay...

I could care less if he gets it on Ebay or on the boards, just as long as it is in his hands by the end of next week! :mrgreen:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Well done to Released1980! :D great stuff Matt! ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited February 2012
    Juice Crew Tix:

You're missing the point completely.

I'll offer my opened Binaural for sale for $250, that's only about $50 over ebay prices...
    Same deal, right? What works one way should work the other?
    Post edited by Haywood Yablomee on
  • Options

hi again.

wow. i'm not going to let you ruin a second of this.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

hi again.

wow. i'm not going to let you ruin a second of this.

You don't see the irony?
  • Options

You don't see the irony?

i see that i don't need to answer to you. this raffle was an idea that Timmy had & considering the crap that went on in my for sale thread (you remember that one...don't you?), i thought it was a great idea. i also will be offering up 2nd & 3rd place prizes for the raffle. other people have done raffles here before (there was one for Benny not too long ago). if you want to sell your Binaural, go ahead & sell it. and you know what? YOU will get to set the price. YOU will do the research.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

You don't see the irony?

i see that i don't need to answer to you. this raffle was an idea that Timmy had & considering the crap that went on in my for sale thread (you remember that one...don't you?), i thought it was a great idea. i also will be offering up 2nd & 3rd place prizes for the raffle. other people have done raffles here before (there was one for Benny not too long ago). if you want to sell your Binaural, go ahead & sell it. and you know what? YOU will get to set the price. YOU will do the research.

You'd make a great politician... Enjoy the record!
  • Options

What's even more ironic is that somebody is gonna score a White Backspacer for $10... :D:D
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options

What's even more ironic is that somebody is gonna score a White Backspacer for $10... :D:D

That's not irony, That's usually how raffles work...
  • Options

That's not irony, That's usually how raffles work...

You're right, I'm sorry.
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Timmy (Released1980) sent me a pm not too long ago with a really cool idea. After the backlash that I've received today, it has helped to remind me that there really are some amazing people here. So, the White Backspacer is no longer for sale....but rather, you have the chance to win it. More info can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=184305

Thanks again, Timmy.

Cheers,
    Matt

I'd also like to thank those that have bumped my trade/sale/ISO threads over the last couple of months. It really means a lot! Special thanks to Robley (White Discusssion).
    Timmy and Robley both rock. Turn it up LOUD when you get it!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Thanks again for organizing this, Timmy! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I still don't agree but it is a pretty damn good idea...
  • Options
    will be doing the White Backspacer drawing TOMORROW AFTERNOON at 5pm Central US Time. there will be 2nd & 3rd place prizes & i will PM the winners as soon as the drawing is complete!!!

Thanks so much, everyone!!!

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Matt I can't wait for you to spin the Binurual. Mike the messenger is having a vinyl party you will have to bring this :).

mfc2006 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=184305

Thanks again, Timmy.

Cheers,
    Matt

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Did someone say ... vinyl party?

1sm205drool.gif