Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i hear the capitals are looking to trade from some heart. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    81 wrote:

Maybe we should try to pry Bryzgalov from the Flyers, he's got lots.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    StevieG wrote:
    81 wrote:

you've been awefully quite this year.....i was worried you let your membership expire. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

Maybe George McPhee should trade himself.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    81 wrote:
    StevieG wrote:
    81 wrote:

you've been awefully quite this year.....i was worried you let your membership expire. :P

Have you seen the Caps this year, how can I say anything? :oops:
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Rick Nash Trade Rumors: Sharks Make 'Firm' Offer, In Until Deadline With Maple Leafs

by James Brady

It's been at least five minutes since we wrote about Rick Nash, so we're coming back at you again. The NHL trade deadline is today (that's Monday, folks) at noon pacific, and it's going down to the wire. Trade talks may not be active right now in regards to Nash, but teams are certainly preparing offers for another go at the Columbus Blue Jackets' star forward.

There's a couple added dynamics to the trade. For one, Nash may be motivated for a trade now with the recent talks from his agent and for two, the Blue Jackets are not planning on lowering their demands for Nash, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch. So one side is potentially motivated while the other is motivated only if the price is right. It makes sense given the status of the Blue Jackets' front office - they're not going to let a potentially lame duck general manager sell Nash for lower than what they're absolutely secure with.

That being said, there's even more rumors about where the teams are at in their talks. Columbus' Fan 97.1 is reporting (via Jennifer Benson) that the Blue Jackets have two firm offers from the Sharks and the Toronto Maple Leafs, believed to be the only two serious contenders for Nash now that the New York Rangers appear out of the discussions. Columbus is supposedly considering both of these offers, which may or may not be last considerations before the deadline.

Lastly, there is the possibility that the Sharks' new offer could include goaltender Antti Niemi (as Fear The Fin's Matthew Taylor notes). We noted the rumors earlier today regarding Niemi and how it's a big shock he was included in trade talks for James van Riemsdyk. If he's on the table in that trade, he could be on the table in this one if the Sharks want Nash enough. All reports indicate they do.

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-jose-sh ... ntti-niemi
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Waiting for the Sabres to sell off some of the horse shit frat boys.
  • Stan Bowman better do something today! Hawks may put Montador on long term IR to free up some more cap space....they gotta do something.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Boring as usual!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    StevieG wrote:
    Oilers are saying that Gagner is not available. How about the 10 Mil that Hemsky got, that is fucked up!!
    I think he's worth it if he plays to his potential, and he's still young....but he's always hurt, and has been playing emotionless hockey this year. Still, the 2 year deal expires when Hall and Eberle will get re-upped....so I'm thinking maybe this is maybe a bit of a favour, a forward-looking deal, and he will be expected to return the favour by signing for less than market two years from now....at least that's what I hope. I like Hemmer, glad he's staying. I think the only Oiler being actively shopped is Khaibibulan.

From what they were saying on sportsnet on the weekend, Nash won't go to any Western teams...he put together a list of teams he'd play for, and LA and San Jose weren't on it. I think the Rangers and Philly are the only real players at the moment.....Ranger fans chanting 'we don't want you'....wtf is up with that? You don't pass up the chance to land a superstar like Nash.

you do pass when they want a package that is way overboard
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    StevieG wrote:
    81 wrote:

:mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    so boring...
    Ooh, a trade. Mike Commodore to TB.
    That deal makes no sense either way...his contract is up at the end of the year and I do not see why Tampa would want him. Unless the Wings make another trade they'll be down to 6 d-man, Ericsson is out for a month.

Of course Commodore was in and out of the wings lineup. Just a little curious why Tampa would trade for him.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

I think most of the trades will happen between 2 and 3...

Nick Schultz to the Oil for Tom Gilbert.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    StevieG wrote:
    Doesn't make much sense to me to reward a guy for having a terrible season with a 2 year 10 mil deal. Just my opinion.

It was an overpayment for sure. He is a better player than he's exhibited this year, but a 5-mil cap hit is ridiculous for his production.
    you do pass when they want a package that is way overboard
    They probably overpaid by a half million or so. I bet he’d have fetched 4.5/yr short term, or 4/yr longer term on July 1, in a different market. Call it a quarter mil ‘play-in-Edmonton’ premium, and a quarter mil ‘good faith bonus’ – a bonus that will help keep him in the fold for less than market when we start having cap issues with our young guns.… If he does play to his potential for even one of the two seasons, Tambellini looks like a genius. If he continues playing like he is this season……He’s still a top-two line guy.
    Jury’s still out….but I’m happy. Show me another pending UFA, at .8ppg, willing to sign a 2 yr deal in Edmonton for 10 mil. There aren’t any. The guy is 28, still has upside, and wants to be in Edmonton.
    lukin2006 wrote:

That's most likely. There'll be one "big" surprise, a bunch of no-names moved and maybe an interesting trade or two.
    lukin2006 wrote:

That's most likely. There'll be one "big" surprise, a bunch of no-names moved and maybe an interesting trade or two.

Part of me thinks Nash gets moved...I'm still thinking San Jose...to me San Jose has to know their window of opportunity is narrowing....

• lukin2006 wrote:
    That deal makes no sense either way...his contract is up at the end of the year and I do not see why Tampa would want him. Unless the Wings make another trade they'll be down to 6 d-man, Ericsson is out for a month.

Of course Commodore was in and out of the wings lineup. Just a little curious why Tampa would trade for him.

Maybe Stevie Y is doing Ken Holland a favor, clearing a roster spot. But really, TB's defense is a mess, Commodore is a warm body that can help get them through the season.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    Keith Aulie's Toronto days are over. Traded to TB for Carter Ashton.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

well ... it is where we are deepest ... would have liked to see komisarek go ...

more rinky-dink deals rolling in now ...
    polaris_x wrote:

well ... it is where we are deepest ... would have liked to see komisarek go ...

more rinky-dink deals rolling in now ...

Imagine what we'd have to give up to convince a team to take on Komi...
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Here's a preemptive congrats for whichever team nabs Oduya. He's a quality player that'll help with a playoff push.

TSN is reporting that Chicago is pursuing him.

TSN is reporting that Chicago has acquired him now.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Here's a preemptive congrats for whichever team nabs Oduya. He's a quality player that'll help with a playoff push.

for 2 draft picks
    rangers back in on Nash.

he wants out of colombus bad
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

for 2 draft picks

Weird that they are 2013 2nd & 3rd round picks
  • Weird that they are 2013 2nd & 3rd round picks

I thought the same exact thing when I heard that. Not a huge move....would love a 2nd line center. Still a little bit of time left.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    bounce.gif
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    dud