NHL 2012 Trade Deadline

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
is your team a seller or buyer?
will nash get traded?
who will be the active?

should be an interesting day!

will toronto be a buyer or seller?
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Toronto should sit, or trim some fat.
    If they make a big move and diminish their remaining cap space, they'll just look like fools if they make it to the play-offs and get bounced in the first round.
    I'm a die hard Leafs fan. Burke needs 1-2 more years to assemble his team, and I would like to see Wilson gone now. The problem is, who do you replace him with? I don't dislike Wilson, but he's not getting results from this group of guys.
    It's so hard to watch........

Nash will probably go to the Rangers - they have the cap space, and he would make them even more of a force in the play-offs.

JMHO.
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Activity on the deadline has steadily been decreasing over the past few seasons. I can't see this being a very exciting day.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Vancouver just freed up a little over 4 mill in cap space putting Ballard on LTIR. Most other fans think he is overpaid to begin with and want him traded. I've always been a fan of him.

It's so sad to see this teams fans think we can get every other team's big name for nothing (backup, 3rd liner, and a 1st round pick)

We already have a pretty solid lineup, just need maybe one more defenseman that can play top 4 and 2nd liner when injuries to our other guys happen. And they will. I'm not saying any names since that would be absurd, I don't like speculating on anybody.

Last year we got Higgins and Lapierre, they were really good pick ups for us. Higgins brought some extra scoring and Lapierre was a pest.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    voidof81 wrote:
    Vancouver just freed up a little over 4 mill in cap space putting Ballard on LTIR. Most other fans think he is overpaid to begin with and want him traded. I've always been a fan of him.

It's so sad to see this teams fans think we can get every other team's big name for nothing (backup, 3rd liner, and a 1st round pick)

We already have a pretty solid lineup, just need maybe one more defenseman that can play top 4 and 2nd liner when injuries to our other guys happen. And they will. I'm not saying any names since that would be absurd, I don't like speculating on anybody.

Last year we got Higgins and Lapierre, they were really good pick ups for us. Higgins brought some extra scoring and Lapierre was a pest.

I expect them to get a grittier forward...however i always thought their big mistake was not getting a grittier forward last off season to play with the Sedins. if anything they should have learned from the finals is that the twins will just continue to get pushed around and be intimidated...or at least thats kind of how I see it.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Sounds like the Kostitsyns are being reunited in Nashville.
    Andrei Kostityyn is about to join his brother in Nashville. First trade of the day.

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited February 2012
    Traded for draft picks.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    I hate when the trade deadline falls on a day I have off. I'm just going to get suckered into the snoozefest again.
    Traded for rights to A. Radulov. MTL going to attempt to pry him out of Russia I guess.
    I always liked Radulov. He could have been something special in the NHL, but the way he spurned his team for big money turns me off of him. Good for Montreal if they can get him playing, but I'll continue to have a bag taste in my mouth regarding him evermore.
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    Gotta love deadline day!!! I haven't worked on one in about 15 years.

I think the Caps may be pretty active. They just put Backstrom on long term IR and freed up about 7 Mil in cap space. Hamrlik is on the way out (good riddance), they say Knuble (hope not) is going too. I'd like to see Schultz and Ward moved.

They need more depth down the middle, wouldn't be surprised if they got Gagner. Like to see Nash in a Caps jersey!!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
    Here's a preemptive congrats for whichever team nabs Oduya. He's a quality player that'll help with a playoff push.
    Montreal did not obtain the rights to Radulov, they got a couple of draft picks.
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    StevieG wrote:
    Montreal did not obtain the rights to Radulov, they got a couple of draft picks.
    Yeah, sportsnet reported that initially. Guess it was purely speculation.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    StevieG wrote:
    In return for Kostitsyn, Preds deal 2nd rd pick in 2013 plus return the conditional pick they got in Hal GIll trade
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    I'm hoping the Hawks can pull off a move for a center or a d-man; a solid second line center or d-man, no garbage. We've been under water for too damn long and bowman needs to get something done...I am at a loss for words as to how bad this team plays after winning 4 in a row against some awesome teams. :x
    Oilers are saying that Gagner is not available. How about the 10 Mil that Hemsky got, that is fucked up!!
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
    Here's a preemptive congrats for whichever team nabs Oduya. He's a quality player that'll help with a playoff push.

TSN is reporting that Chicago is pursuing him.

If my leafs could make a deal with you giving up some d, I'd like that.
    lukin2006 wrote:

TSN is reporting that Chicago is pursuing him.
    I can see him being a good fit there.
    Word is the leafs are finishing a trade right now. Fingers crossed for Clutterbuck.
    Tim Connoly for a bucket of pucks and some broken sticks. :P
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
    the big 1 is will Nash deal get done today or not...he may go to a team no one expects... San Jose has stumbled as of late makes me wonder if they'll jump in on Nash.

StevieG wrote:

Alexander Radulov might have cancelled his ticket back to the NHL

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... le2322788/

I have my doubts on Nash getting moved, if he was going you would think it would have happened a while back.
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
    lukin2006 wrote:
    StevieG wrote:

Alexander Radulov might have cancelled his ticket back to the NHL

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... le2322788/

I saw that a while back, hilarious. What a clown.
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
    StevieG wrote:
    I have my doubts on Nash getting moved, if he was going you would think it would have happened a while back.

i thought it would have got done on the weekend...but I think Columbus has placed to high a value on him and that might come today...I don't understand why the Rangers would make a move for him...He'd be a good fit in Vancouver and they have a young goalie they could offer in a trade.

TSN now reports Boston is in the hunt for Oduya.

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    StevieG wrote:
    Oilers are saying that Gagner is not available. How about the 10 Mil that Hemsky got, that is fucked up!!
    I think he's worth it if he plays to his potential, and he's still young....but he's always hurt, and has been playing emotionless hockey this year. Still, the 2 year deal expires when Hall and Eberle will get re-upped....so I'm thinking maybe this is maybe a bit of a favour, a forward-looking deal, and he will be expected to return the favour by signing for less than market two years from now....at least that's what I hope. I like Hemmer, glad he's staying. I think the only Oiler being actively shopped is Khaibibulan.

From what they were saying on sportsnet on the weekend, Nash won't go to any Western teams...he put together a list of teams he'd play for, and LA and San Jose weren't on it. I think the Rangers and Philly are the only real players at the moment.....Ranger fans chanting 'we don't want you'....wtf is up with that? You don't pass up the chance to land a superstar like Nash.
    StevieG wrote:
    I can't really see him moving until the offseason.
    StevieG wrote:
    I think he's worth it if he plays to his potential, and he's still young....but he's always hurt, and has been playing emotionless hockey this year. Still, the 2 year deal expires when Hall and Eberle will get re-upped....so I'm thinking maybe this is maybe a bit of a favour, a forward-looking deal, and he will be expected to return the favour by signing for less than market two years from now....at least that's what I hope. I like Hemmer, glad he's staying. I think the only Oiler being actively shopped is Khaibibulan.

From what they were saying on sportsnet on the weekend, Nash won't go to any Western teams...he put together a list of teams he'd play for, and LA and San Jose weren't on it. I think the Rangers and Philly are the only real players at the moment.....Ranger fans chanting 'we don't want you'....wtf is up with that? You don't pass up the chance to land a superstar like Nash.

Doesn't make much sense to me to reward a guy for having a terrible season with a 2 year 10 mil deal. Just my opinion.
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
    StevieG wrote:
    Doesn't make much sense to me to reward a guy for having a terrible season with a 2 year 10 mil deal. Just my opinion.

It was an overpayment for sure. He is a better player than he's exhibited this year, but a 5-mil cap hit is ridiculous for his production.