Options

Official Tampa Setlist

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    Yeah, it is. Although they don't get up into the 30s very often. I'd 25-28 are the norm.

It seems like they quit playing those marathon sets a few years back, when they actually started touring again ... as opposed to the eight-date summers that used to pass for a tour.

Well, i guess i hit it lucky, becuase the 6 times i saw Pearl Jam, they ONLY played less then 30 songs ONCE.
  • Options
    pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Speaking of drunken rants ... I'm going on one now ... and it's relevant because the song was played earlier tonight.

I love Small Town. I know it gets a little bit of grief on this board sometimes. If there's a thread about songs people don't want to hear, or songs that are overplayed (although, frankly I haven't heard it at the last seven shows I've been to, but whatever). But I love it.

No. 1 -- It's a great song.
    No. 2 -- It's a song that, to me, just says Pearl Jam.

It's like this. You go two or three years between tours, without seeing the band. Then you go to a show, and it's kind of like a family reunion. Ed gets to the scream hello part, and the whole crowd is singing along with their hands in the air, and that is always the moment where I get the warm feeling: "Holy shit, I'm at a Pearl Jam show." I love that moment, and I always get goosebumps, and it never gets old.

I hope they play this song at every show I'm at. It isn't necessarily my favorite song, but it's like an old pair of slippers: It is always comfortable, and it always fits, no matter how long it has been between tours.

I think I love you........
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    cd21miller wrote:
    anyone else thinking we may get 12 or 13 different openers this tour?

Eh I kind of hope not... I'd love for them to rotate Oceans, Sometimes, Release, Wash, Long Road, Of The Girl, and Can't Keep though, maybe 2x per tour?
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    cutz wrote:
    Well, i guess i hit it lucky, becuase the 6 times i saw Pearl Jam, they ONLY played less then 30 songs ONCE.

Holy shit! What shows did you go to? I don't think I've ever been to one of these marathon shows, and I've been to 14 of them!
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Solat13 wrote:
    I know. I can't wait to see what's in store next!

I knooooow! It is SO ON!
    :D:D:D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    Eh I kind of hope not... I'd love for them to rotate Oceans, Sometimes, Release, Wash, Long Road, Of The Girl, and Can't Keep though, maybe 2x per tour?

i hope not, too...especially since Oceans and Sometimes would already be done.

Oceans is my white whale this tour...

still no Hold on or Deep yet....
  • Options

I kind of agree with you. There are certain songs that just scream "Pearl Jam just hit the stage" and that's a pretty comprehensive list.
  • Options
    i would believe that they are old and gotta go to bed if ed wasn't up at like 4am walking outside after the shows in the west coast.....
    Kansas City 1998, Kansas City 2000, EV- Santa Cruz 2008, EV- Berkeley #1 2008, EV- Berkeley #2 2008, Outside Lands 2009, Seattle #2 2009, Portland 2009, LA #3 2009, LA #4 2009, SD 2009, KC 2010, STL 2010, CBUS 2010, Indy 2010, Cle 2010, Buffalo 2010, Boston 2010, Newark 2010, MSG 1 2010, MSG 2 2010, PJ20 1 2011, PJ20 2 2011, Midtown 2012, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013, OKC 2013, STL 2014, Tulsa 2014, Lincoln 2014.
  • Options
    tchiggs wrote:
    i would believe that they are old and gotta go to bed if ed wasn't up at like 4am walking outside after the shows in the west coast.....

Well, that was 4 am West Coast ... they are on the east coast now ;)
  • Options
    I kind of agree with you. There are certain songs that just scream "Pearl Jam just hit the stage" and that's a pretty comprehensive list.

just saying that you could throw Present Tense, Go, Corduroy and LBC in there and have a different show opener each night.

not like they haven't done those before...
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    cutz wrote:
    that is cool i've never seen a long set. Only seen em 3 times though
    asheville 04- 21 songs (ed was sick that night)
    charlotte 03- 26
    charlotte 00- 26

maybe they just play short shows in the south.. i'm not complaining i am just excited to see them again on monday :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    thanks alot ACCBootlegGoddess
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options
    pjmaniacpjmaniac Posts: 45
    I am guessing they are saving some serious energy for the Roo....maybe MSG, Hartford and the Mansfield shows.
    8.29.00, 7.3.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 9.29.04, 9.28.05, 5.13.06, 5.24.06, 5.25.06, 6.27.08, 6.28, 6.30.08
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    tchiggs wrote:
    He probably took a nap after the show so he could leave when there wasn't as big of a crowd.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    pjmaniac wrote:
    I am guessing they are saving some serious energy for the Roo....maybe MSG, Hartford and the Mansfield shows.

More like the Camden, MSG, and Mansfield shows.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    MattyJoe wrote:
    More like the Camden, MSG, and Mansfield shows.
    and columbia too .... :( ... right?

:D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Now this is MUCH more my style of set list.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    intodeep wrote:

Haha sure. They'll all be amazing, it's a short tour.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:

columbia is just "random" enough that they could pull of something really special -- either a long set list or something really cool...like a Leash, Hold On, Deep, Breath encore.

Or not.
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213

It's like this. You go two or three years between tours, without seeing the band. Then you go to a show, and it's kind of like a family reunion. Ed gets to the scream hello part, and the whole crowd is singing along with their hands in the air, and that is always the moment where I get the warm feeling: "Holy shit, I'm at a Pearl Jam show." I love that moment, and I always get goosebumps, and it never gets old.

yes!!! that's what I felt last night during Faithful! That sudden "holy shit!" realization...except that I also kind of cried of happiness, disbelief, and "can't believe I'm finally here" sort of stuff, and it was during Faithful because that's one of my favorite songs and one of the first ones I got into when I was just beginning to get into PJ. It just made me look back on it all and realize the fact that I had finally made it to a show, and I was witnessing that very magical song live, the one I had listened to on Yield and watched on the Live at the Garden dvd a trillion times...I was finally feeling it live myself.

Then again, it was my first show, so meh :p
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    cutz wrote:
    me too. Left camden show #1 after midnight last time. 30 songs both nights (2006). Hope they do it again!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    AnthonyD1987AnthonyD1987 Boston, MA Posts: 347
    cutz wrote:

Yeah I was at both Boston shows in 06 and they played 29 songs night 1, and 30 songs night 2. Maybe those two shows have put me in the mindset that that's the norm for a PJ show. Hopefully though they do those types of sets for MSG and Mansfield, as I'm going to both in each place.
    492xxx

2006: Boston 1 and 2
    2008: MSG 1 and 2, Mansfield 1 and 2
    2010: Boston
    2012: Made in America Philly
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    WOW!!! now thats MY kind of show!!! I love the Blitzkreig Bop tag....Sometimes, MARKER, Present Tense, Light Years???WHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, cant fucking wait for CAMDEN!!!!!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    Holy shit! What shows did you go to? I don't think I've ever been to one of these marathon shows, and I've been to 14 of them!

Oct. 1, 2005...
    Atlantic City-2 (27 songs, but played 2:45 min.s)

Oct. 3, 2005- Wachovia Center, Philly... (30 songs- 3 hours)

May 27 & 28, 2006 - Tweeter Center,Camden, N.J. 1 & 2...(30 and 31 songs)

June 1 & 3- 2006-East Rutherford, N.J. 1 & 2 (30 songs and 32 songs-played 9 song 2nd encore at ER-2)

Like i said, i was LUCKY, i guess. BUT i HOPE to get LUCKY on this tour too.>LOL
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    yes!!! that's what I felt last night during Faithful! That sudden "holy shit!" realization...except that I also kind of cried of happiness, disbelief, and "can't believe I'm finally here" sort of stuff, and it was during Faithful because that's one of my favorite songs and one of the first ones I got into when I was just beginning to get into PJ. It just made me look back on it all and realize the fact that I had finally made it to a show, and I was witnessing that very magical song live, the one I had listened to on Yield and watched on the Live at the Garden dvd a trillion times...I was finally feeling it live myself.

Then again, it was my first show, so meh :p

I have to admit, when I was in Santa Cruz, I went by myself just to soak it in, Ed played Society near the end, I lost my shit, I was like balling, thinking, this is it, this is what life is about, a bunch of little experiences....it was amazing.
    Kansas City 1998, Kansas City 2000, EV- Santa Cruz 2008, EV- Berkeley #1 2008, EV- Berkeley #2 2008, Outside Lands 2009, Seattle #2 2009, Portland 2009, LA #3 2009, LA #4 2009, SD 2009, KC 2010, STL 2010, CBUS 2010, Indy 2010, Cle 2010, Buffalo 2010, Boston 2010, Newark 2010, MSG 1 2010, MSG 2 2010, PJ20 1 2011, PJ20 2 2011, Midtown 2012, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013, OKC 2013, STL 2014, Tulsa 2014, Lincoln 2014.
  • Options
    Boston21Boston21 Posts: 26
    Speaking of drunken rants ... I'm going on one now ... and it's relevant because the song was played earlier tonight.

I love Small Town. I know it gets a little bit of grief on this board sometimes. If there's a thread about songs people don't want to hear, or songs that are overplayed (although, frankly I haven't heard it at the last seven shows I've been to, but whatever). But I love it.

No. 1 -- It's a great song.
    No. 2 -- It's a song that, to me, just says Pearl Jam.

I hope they play this song at every show I'm at. It isn't necessarily my favorite song, but it's like an old pair of slippers: It is always comfortable, and it always fits, no matter how long it has been between tours.

This sums it up. Great post.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Awesome first two setlists. Who You Are resurrected, and nice to see Marker, Light Years ... And Oceans/Sometimes as the first two openers? That's killer ... It often takes a dozen or more shows into the tour before either of those shows up.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i love the sometimes opener! pretty standard after that though... id be more than happy to be there!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    id love to see light years in columbia
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense

9/28/05 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    8/2/07 Vic
    8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,943
    when is NAIS gonna make a set return, god i miss that song live.....hoping for it soon.

the sets look pretty decent so far. i think they are just getting warmed up though....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24