Official DMB Thread

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    You can get real time setlist updates on the home page of antsmarching.org
    Or dmbalmanac.com
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Pretty sure the 'ROAD' section of DMB's website also updates the setlist in real time! Lots of options!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Tonight is the night! Should be a great time on the lawn in Houston kicking off this tour. I wish Brandi Carlile was opening this show though. She is opening some shows later in the tour.

Have fun !!!

I'm ready for my show too, unfortunately I gotta wait til July...
  • Options
    wh just released a new song - gaucho

http://gaucho.davematthewsband.com/
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    wh just released a new song - gaucho

http://gaucho.davematthewsband.com/
    Beat me to it!! I really like the song on first listen. HOT DAMN instrumentation sounds amazing!! I'm liking that more than the lyrics/melody at the moment. Kids at the end kinda kill the song a bit for me. But overall, I do like it! Excited to hear how it translates live :)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    1 big eyed fish
    2 funny
    3 grace is gone

cool start
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,962
    Friday May 18 2012 
    The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

Big Eyed Fish >
    Funny The Way It Is
    Grace Is Gone
    Eh Hee 
    Seven
    Beach Ball
    Don't Drink the Water
    Mercy
    Gaucho
    Sweet
    Crush
    You Never Know
    You and Me
    Stay Or Leave
    Pantala Naga Pampa >
    Rapunzel
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Alright, here's my morning after review. Keep in mind that I really love DMB but I've always been more on the casual side as a fan. This was my first show and I'll probably come across as 'one of those guys' who is more interested in the hit songs. That being said, the band took the stage at about 8:25 and we got:

Big Eyed Fish, Funny The Way It Is, Grace Is Gone, Eh Hee, Seven, #41, Beach Ball, Don't Drink The Water, Mercy, Gaucho, Sweet, Crush, You Never Know, You & Me, Stay Or Leave, Pantala Naga Pampa, Rapunzel

Encore: Squirm, Grey Street

I'll start with the negatives because there are only two and overall I had an awesome time. First, I could do without all the extended jams. A few were cool, especially to end Rapunzel, but I felt like they could have played several more songs if they didn't jam for so long after so many songs. But on the other hand, I knew this going in so it wasn't a big disappointment or anything - just an observation. Secondly, the show seemed to end abrputly. Maybe I just didn't know what to expect, but it was 10:45 and curfew is 11 so I'm thinking a couple more songs coming, but then it was just over. I was really hoping to hear Warehouse, Jimi Thing, Ants Marching, or Two Step and thought at least one would be in the encore, but oh well (like I said, I'm one of those guys ;) ). Still a really solid show.

Now the highlights - the band was on form. Very tight, no first show of the tour kinks, sounded amazing all night and Dave was in great spirits and very interactive. On 3 or 4 separate occasions he made up statistics about birthdays and the ante was upped each time. It was something to the effect of "it's got to be someone's birthday out there, so happy birthday." then later, "statistically speaking, it got to be more than 5 of you with a birthday today, so find each other and embrace." then later, "statistically speaking it's got to be about 50 of you...so find each other and make sweet love to each other." This was all done in an Adam Sandler in Bill Madison type voice, pretty funny stuff. And Tim Reynolds is unreal - no explanation necessary.

Big Eyed Fish was a great opener. Very pretty rendition. The Grace is Gone jam was extended and very pretty too. I was beside myself when they started #41 - that's one of my favorites and they absolutely nailed it. They rocked the hell out of Don't Drink The Water and the crowd really got animated during this one. Dave was dancing all over the stage - one of the best parts of the night. Mercy was a song I'd never heard and it had an extended jam, during which Dave jumped on the piano! Gaucho was another new song and it was really beautiful; loved that one. Crush is anotner favorite of mine and it was absolutely gorgeous - my favorite part of the night for sure. Main set closed with a rockin' Rapunzel and a really kick ass extended jam with Tim soloing and Dave dancing everywhere.

The encore came and I was hoping to hear a few of my favorites. Squirm and Grey Street was played very well and I was digging everything but then it was just suddenly over. A tad bummed about the quick end, especially with 15 solid minutes left before curfew but it didn't spoil the night.

All in all - amazing show. Got to hear some favorites of mine and some great new songs. They band is so solid live and the musicianship is unmatched. Can't wait for my next DMB show.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    Thanks for the review!!! Glad you had so much fun. That got me super excited for the shows I am seeing! I really can't wait, I've been listening to almost exclusively DMB for the past few days- it's all I can think about! Definitely a solid first show for ya! And you get to say you heard the very first time Gaucho was played live- very cool!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Thanks for the review!!! Glad you had so much fun. That got me super excited for the shows I am seeing! I really can't wait, I've been listening to almost exclusively DMB for the past few days- it's all I can think about! Definitely a solid first show for ya! And you get to say you heard the very first time Gaucho was played live- very cool!

Yes, first Gaucho and it was really great. Mercy is listed as a first time live as well. And Sweet was first time with full band.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• Options
    You Never Know!!!

Got it in Houston last night!

• Options
    Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    Definitely jealous of You Never Know. Love that song. Here is a video of Mercy full band. I definitely like it more than the solo version Dave did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcAAZCvSSzk
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    Definitely jealous of You Never Know. Love that song. Here is a video of Mercy full band. I definitely like it more than the solo version Dave did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcAAZCvSSzk
    Me too. Much better full band!

Also, That Hello Again: Part 1 DMB documentary thing has gotten me listening to JTR nonstop. Always liked it but fully appreciating it now. I hope to hear it this summer!! :)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,962
    Saturday May 19 2012 
    Gexa Energy Pavilion

Loving Wings
    You Might Die Trying
    Why I Am
    If I Had It All
    Save Me
    Shake Me Like a Monkey
    Dancing Nancies
    Mercy
    Out Of My Hands 
    Squirm
    Gaucho
    Jimi Thing
    Spaceman
    So Damn Lucky
    Two Step
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    So far pretty cool sets, but a little 'tamer' than I expected, if that makes sense! I have a feeling they'll keep building on tour energy as the days go on! Looking forward to Friday and praying for no rain!!! :)

Also, Gaucho freaking rocks! The more I listen, the more I like it. Really has grown on me in the past few days and I'm looking forward to hearing it live.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Add these two to my wishlist for tomorrow:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKhBD23Vc4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZUPRSJ5wj0

I can't wait for the show! I'm just praying the rain holds off.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:
    LOVE Granny. It's become a favorite after hearing it in Atlantic City last year. (TERRIFIC version, btw, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQfwDufNxA) Just makes me so happy!! I hope you get it, and I hope the rain holds off for you!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    hey if it rains you might get JTR! :lol:8-)
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    hey if it rains you might get JTR! :lol:8-)
    :lol: This is true!! God damn I want to hear that song! Even though I guess it would be kinda cool to hear everyone sing 'raiiin, raaiiinnn, rain down on me' together in the rain, I'd much rather the rain hold off (especially cuz we have lawn seats Friday)!

And does anyone know how the lawn seats for Hartford are? Had pavilion last time and couldn't quite tell. We plan to get there early to get the best possible spot we can, too.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Add these two to my wishlist for tomorrow:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKhBD23Vc4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZUPRSJ5wj0

I can't wait for the show! I'm just praying the rain holds off.

I love the song "Grace is Gone." :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Surprised by the set tonight being so similar to the past few shows, particularly the one they played before tonight's! On the other hand, the posters this tour have been AWESOME! I'm totally not a poster person but if they keep being as cool as they have been, I might have to buy one!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    I was planning on going to the Poconos this weekend and then the Scranton show on Monday. Well, my son's baseball tournament schedule came out and it couldn't be worse. He has games Sat at 10am and 2pm and Sun at 8pm(wtf) and the champioship is Monday at 11am. So the earliest I can get up there is 3pm on Monday. At least I took off on Tuesday. What a kick in the nuts that news was.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    They played Seek Up last night, would love to see that tonight.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Surprised by the set tonight being so similar to the past few shows, particularly the one they played before tonight's! On the other hand, the posters this tour have been AWESOME! I'm totally not a poster person but if they keep being as cool as they have been, I might have to buy one!

I agree with your points. 3 of the 4 posters have been nice. I wish they would mix up the sets a little more but if Scranton gets You Never Know, I'll be good. Nothing wrong with a pee break song every now on then!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Gah I've got over a month to wait!! HURRY UP!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

oh waaaahhhh i got until SEPTEMBER!! :twisted: :P
  • Options
    Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    norm wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

oh waaaahhhh i got until SEPTEMBER!! :twisted: :P
    Well I was supposed to be at Hartford this weekend and Alpine in July and now I won't be seeing them until at least 2013 :P
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    20 days!
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8