Options

Official DMB Thread

Comments

• Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 643
    Pavilion for Bethel! Very excited!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Awesome Sawyer and Jenfarr!! :D

TIX CONFIRMED FOR HARTFORD 1 (lawn) and JONES BEACH 1 & 2!!! :D:D So happy! My day has been made!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    CONFIRMED: Both nights in Jones Beach and Camden!!
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Got pavilion seats for the 2nd Alpine night! Woot!!

Anyone else in for an Alpine tailgate??!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Count me in :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Mamasan23 wrote:

What day is the tailgate?
  • Options

WOOHOO!!
    cmalisze wrote:

I'll probably be there for both shows, so why not both the 6th and the 7th?!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Mamasan23 wrote:

WOOHOO!!
    cmalisze wrote:

Woohoo! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

WOOHOO!!
    cmalisze wrote:

we got lawn for both nights....i am staying at the AmericInn close to AV...I will be checking on Friday during the day sometime. not really sure how i plan on getting to the parking lot. It is only 8 miles....ive walked further :lol:
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Does anyone have the presale code for Bristow, VA? (Sometimes listed as DC)
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    cmalisze wrote:

we got lawn for both nights....i am staying at the AmericInn close to AV...I will be checking on Friday during the day sometime. not really sure how i plan on getting to the parking lot. It is only 8 miles....ive walked further :lol:

You might want to check around to see if anyone got a party bus from your area! Otherwise, if you're solo I can swing by with my friends to pick you up on our way in - we've already got 3 in the car and can only fit 1 more, let me know!
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    cmalisze wrote:

You might want to check around to see if anyone got a party bus from your area! Otherwise, if you're solo I can swing by with my friends to pick you up on our way in - we've already got 3 in the car and can only fit 1 more, let me know!

That is super sweet of you but, I have a motley crew with me. Right now there are six of us guys all together. Do you have a luggage rack we can strap the other guys to?
  • Options
    cmalisze wrote:
    That is super sweet of you but, I have a motley crew with me. Right now there are six of us guys all together. Do you have a luggage rack we can strap the other guys to?

:lol: Or we can just hook a wagon to the back of the car....

:lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    cmalisze wrote:

:lol: Or we can just hook a wagon to the back of the car....

:lol:

That would be sweet! Or we can do a clown car action! My lap is pretty comfy :lol::lol: ....I am hoping there is a taxi service to shuttle back and forth. I am not sure because for PJ20 I took the shuttle from Milwaukee for night 1 and then we got on the party bus from Milwaukee for night 2. In years past for AV I have always had a sober driver and for DMB this isn't the case.
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    are there designated seats in the pit or is it first come first serve???
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    well after getting dinked in the presale i managed to get tix for irvine...now searching for shoreline

edit: scored shoreline and reserved a room!!

now to wait for september :( :mrgreen:
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I got tickets for St.louis in the lower pavilion during the public sale. Very excited as this will be my first show
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    yellowwho wrote:
    I got tickets for St.louis in the lower pavilion during the public sale. Very excited as this will be my first show

Be prepared to dance your ass off...if your into that sort of thing!

I have Pavilion for Hartford 1 and lawn for Bethel. I thought I tried for seats only at Bethel but got lawn...oh well. will be fun for sure.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    yellowwho wrote:

Be prepared to dance your ass off...if your into that sort of thing!
    +1, the music combined with the atmosphere will make it hard NOT to dance! You're going to have a great time, yellowwho!! Like PJ, DMB really shine live! :)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Hey all.

I had the chance to interview Tim Reynolds this afternoon as he will be in my newspaper's area (St. Charles, Ill.) on April 17. Some tidbits about the new album:

"We just got done working on [the new album] – the first two months this of the year. Lillywhite is a great producer and a great person to work with. I think people are going to be really happy with it. It's got a sweet feel-good kind of thing."

• • •

"I think for most of the part, Dave came in with pretty fleshed out ideas. Each new day everyone kind of learns that song and then we record it and play it."

• • •

"If [Lillywhite] is looking for a certain kind of guitar chord, he'll yell out a certain guitar player. On one song he was like, 'Pink Floyd,' and then I did that and it was great fun to work like that."

• ••

"The music is all done but some of the lyrics and mixing is still to be done."

• • •

And for good measure, about taking her daughter to the Grammy's after he was nominated for "Kundalini Bonfire":

"I really wanted to take my daughter to experience it because she loves Katy Perry. We've also gone to see two Katy Perry's concerts. She's a great performer and a ridiculous singer and I see why she's where she is."

---

I'll have the full interview transcribed later this week. He didn't elaborate a ton on the DMB stuff, obviously. He also said in passing that it probably won't come out "that" soon.
    http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showpo ... count=5946
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Hey all.

I had the chance to interview Tim Reynolds this afternoon as he will be in my newspaper's area (St. Charles, Ill.) on April 17. Some tidbits about the new album:

"We just got done working on [the new album] – the first two months this of the year. Lillywhite is a great producer and a great person to work with. I think people are going to be really happy with it. It's got a sweet feel-good kind of thing."

• • •

"I think for most of the part, Dave came in with pretty fleshed out ideas. Each new day everyone kind of learns that song and then we record it and play it."

• • •

"If [Lillywhite] is looking for a certain kind of guitar chord, he'll yell out a certain guitar player. On one song he was like, 'Pink Floyd,' and then I did that and it was great fun to work like that."

• ••

"The music is all done but some of the lyrics and mixing is still to be done."

• • •

And for good measure, about taking her daughter to the Grammy's after he was nominated for "Kundalini Bonfire":

"I really wanted to take my daughter to experience it because she loves Katy Perry. We've also gone to see two Katy Perry's concerts. She's a great performer and a ridiculous singer and I see why she's where she is."

---

I'll have the full interview transcribed later this week. He didn't elaborate a ton on the DMB stuff, obviously. He also said in passing that it probably won't come out "that" soon.
    http://www.thesedayscontinue.org/showpo ... count=5946
    Thanks for sharing, norm! So looking forward to the album, whenever it comes out!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    Hello

Thought some of you here might be interested in this -
    I'm selling a DMB tour Football shirt - it's the last link in first post :)

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=187379

Also - has anyone heard any rumours of any UK/Euro dates? - I couldn't make their last concerts here as it clashed with a holiday

Thanks
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    President Obama will make his first appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on Tuesday, April 24 (12:35 am ET). Dave Matthews will perform as the musical guest. The show will be taped from the campus at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Tuesday to air that same night. Be sure to tune in!
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    If anyone is looking for any Scranton PA tix have 2 extra pair of seats that i'll sell for face without fees.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    President Obama will make his first appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on Tuesday, April 24 (12:35 am ET). Dave Matthews will perform as the musical guest. The show will be taped from the campus at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Tuesday to air that same night. Be sure to tune in!
    Jimmy Fallon tweeted that Dave will be playing a 'beautiful song off the new album!' Awesome news! Could see it maybe being Sweet, though, the song Dave has played on the uke a few times since 2011 about his son learning to swim...we'll see! Hopefully Dave does another skit with Jimmy, the Dave Matthews GPS was hysterical! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDaxjEu-Qck
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    Have good tickets to there first show at The Woodlands, its a awesome venue. Its a outdoor amphitheater, there's a large grass hill that most people go for! Can't wait have not seen them since mid 90's while at L.S.U. they played there alot b4 they made it big, we saw them at the local bars for like a $5.00 cover or whatever, they were even the band at a large house party one night!! :corn: :corn: :corn:
  • Options
    http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2012/04/dave-matthews-performs-mercy-at-unc-chapel-hill/
    Dave performing the new DMB song 'Mercy' from Fallon! Loving the lyrics and can see this one growing on me!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Dave Matthews Band new album 2012: What we know so far

Thanks to the Dave Matthews Band new album, 2012 will be an exciting year for DMB fans.

DMB has been exceptionally tight-lipped about the new album, but some information has come out here and there. This list features all the confirmed details we have so far.

We’ll update this list with more Dave Matthews Band new album information as it becomes available, so check back often.

Dave Matthews Band new album 2012 details

DMB entered a Seattle studio in early January with producer Steve Lillywhite. The band played the songs live, Lillywhite took drum recordings from those performances, and then the band members re-recorded their parts over those drum tracks. It only took six hours to record all of the horn parts for the new DMB album.

In late April, Stefan tweeted that Dave Matthews Band’s new album would probably be released in late summer or early fall, but soon afterwards, he deleted that tweet.

The only song confirmed for the new album is “Mercy,” which Dave Matthews performed on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” in April. That slow, acoustic version was not like the album recording, which Lillywhite said is “not just acoustic” and “not quiet.”

The new album is “about 55 minutes” long, according to Lillywhite, with somewhere between 11 and 15 tracks. The shortest song is “2 [minutes] and change,” and there is a track longer than eight minutes.

The last track on the new album is Lillywhite and Stefan Lessard’s favorite last track from any DMB album. Lillywhite described it as “very uplifting.” “Mercy” is not this song.

Lillywhite compared the album to DMB’s “big three” (Under the Table and Dreaming, Crash and Before These Crowded Streets) by using the term “Big 4” in a February tweet.

Tower of Power’s Roger Smith plays keyboard on “a couple of tunes” on Dave Matthews Band’s new album. His specific instrument is a Hammond organ.

There are no old recordings of LeRoi Moore on the album. The saxophone parts are “all Jeff [Coffin].”
    http://www.dmbnews.net/2012/04/dave-mat ... o-far.html
  • Options
    ^^^ Exciting news!!! I'm happy to hear that Mercy is different on the recording, gotta say I wasn't a huge fan when I watched the Fallon show.

SO stoked to jam to DMB at Alpine again this summer!!!! :clap:
  • Options
    ive never seen dave live. Seems like he was really popular when i was in high school, now he's still raking in the dough playing live, but his albums arent getting the attention they used to get.

The stereotype obviously is that his fan base is a bunch of drunk frat boys. For those who have actually seen him live, is this accurate? is their a large contingent of those folks at the shows?

I always found that stereotype odd, partly, or largely because a large part of dave's mission in the band and with his music is social justice, activism, raising awareness of causes, getting involved, making a difference, stuff frat boys aren't typically associated with. Im a straight edger, but i clearly remember reading those notes he used to include inside the albums, included with the liner notes, and he talked about how hemp should be legalized. Maybe thats where the frat boy stereotype meets reality.

i dont listen to daves music much anymore, but ive always been a fan of the sort of jam band style of the songs in the live setting that he does, and the diverse musical arrangements he has, as well the interesting vocal harmonies.