Options

[FS/FT] My own PJ Online Shop ----- (5% discount inside!)

Comments

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I like using ebay. I've bought plenty of PJ items from there, all at low prices :D
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    pdalowsky wrote:

yes absolutely. and I see threads here every day that offer a list of items for sale. Some including mostly non Pj stuff. I dont understand the difference except this is arranged nicely.

I think the side business thing was to buy from tenclub and flip to make profits. Not selling old valuable merchandise that a collector has acquired, and is looking to let go to aid buying other collectibles.[/quote]

Setting up a website with over 100 items IS a side business. I had a vinyl thread removed that had less than 20 $5 records. I guess I should make it all pretty with a webpage and it's ok to promote it on here? Or maybe I can link you to ebay auctions? It's the same thing. The only difference is that people around here frown upon using ebay. However, those same people probably buy shit from there every day.[/quote]

So your pissed about your thread? that explains it.

I dont get your ebay argument....you realise these arnt auctions right? they are fixed price items? So are you saying Vic needs to ditch the website and just make a list here that doesnt have images or details, and just list things?

May i ask was your thread all PJ items?

and people frown on ebay yet buy things on it all day? Are you using this to actually enforce the double standards comments or ripe hyprocrisy mentioned earlier?[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with an auction that is conducted outsidee of HERE. My point is that people can't post ebay links to promote their sales but they can post a link advertising their sales on a DIFFERENT site? It makes no sense.

And I could care less about my thread being closed. the purpose of selling the records so cheap on here was to allow others the chance to buy them if they didn't have a local record store to shop at. I wasn't trying to make a living doing that.

I see the double standards that take place and the special treatment that goes on. I want nothing to do with that shit. Carry on...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,741
    boyo79 wrote:
    I like using ebay. I've bought plenty of PJ items from there, all at low prices :D

ebay is great....but i get thats its not in the spirit here......but i have nothing against Ebay. Some of the items I have would never have been possioble without it
  • Options
    VicSpeedVicSpeed Posts: 100
    Well... my turn.

I created the website http://www.pjcollectors.com all by myself... spent a lot of hours in front of the computer... arguing with databases, desings and code... and had only spent money on it (later with the help of a lot of crazy collectors and collaborators). I created the website because i love the band and i love collecting PJ items.

Also I produced free bootlegs for fans and PJC forum members. FOR FREE. And distributed more of 300 bootlegs worlwide.

A lot of people knows im not here to make money. I only want to have a big collection. That's all.

I have more than 1500 pj records/cds/etcs and want to trade or sell some of them. Again: i prefer to trade because i want to see how my collection growns.

That's all. :)
  • Options
    were they PJ records?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    VicSpeed wrote:
    Well... my turn.

I created the website http://www.pjcollectors.com all by myself... spent a lot of hours in front of the computer... arguing with databases, desings and code... and had only spent money on it (later with the help of a lot of crazy collectors and collaborators). I created the website because i love the band and i love collecting PJ items.

Also I produced free bootlegs for fans and PJC forum members. FOR FREE. And distributed more of 300 bootlegs worlwide.

A lot of people knows im not here to make money. I only want to have a big collection. That's all.

I have more than 1500 pj records/cds/etcs and want to trade or sell some of them. Again: i prefer to trade because i want to see how my collection growns.

Oh I see....I need to go out and give everyone free shit and then I'm entitled to do whatever the hell I want.

Right.
    Post edited by cowboypjfan on
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    were they PJ records?

What does that matter? Does everyone sell only PJ on this site?
  • Options
    you vic, i think your site looks cool, good luck on expanding your collection. i wouldn't worry about the haters, haters gotta hate.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Oh I see....I need to go out and give everyone free shit and then I'm entitled to do whatever the hell I want.

Right.

Thanks for calling shit to my free work for fans.

I will send you some of my shit for free if you want. Give me your addres. ;)

Your problem here is that your thread was deleted. That's all.
  • Options
    you vic, i think your site looks cool, good luck on expanding your collection. i wouldn't worry about the haters, haters gotta hate.

Grazie Verona!
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    were they PJ records?

because the rules say its PJ only.
  • Options
    Btw, that Belfast print the OP is advertising on their site is $20 here at the Goods store: https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... g?sku=3321

And he's not flipping, selling one on his site for 55 Euros?

That's my last comment. I'm done talking about this nonsense..
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    were they PJ records?

im only trying to understand why your thread didnt work out....

you are making this into a 'special priviledges' argument and I really dont think that applies.

So, again, were your records pearl jam?
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Btw, that Belfast print the OP is advertising on their site is $20 here at the Goods store: https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... g?sku=3321

the one in the goods is S/D right?

it would be flipping if Vic bought that one and sold for 55 euro.

however if he paid 55 euro for the print and sold it for 55 euro thats not exactly flipping right?

jesus were back to that old argument too that any one selling a DC reaper for more than $20 is flipping.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    were they PJ records?

im only trying to understand why your thread didnt work out....

you are making this into a 'special priviledges' argument and I really dont think that applies.

So, again, were your records pearl jam?

Some were, some weren't. Again, that doesn't matter because so many others sell non pj stuff.

And yes, special privledges do apply for some on here and that's why I'm done with this. I really don't care. I made my points and I don't want to argue a point that I will never win because I'm not in the 'golden circle'.

Have a nice day!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

however if he paid 55 euro for the print and sold it for 55 euro thats not exactly flipping right?

jesus were back to that old argument too that any one selling a DC reaper for more than $20 is flipping.

You either don't get it or you are playing dumb since vic is your boy. I'm done, man.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

Hey Crazy, will trade that Belfast for any other poster you offer. Let me know! :)
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I made my points and I don't want to argue a point that I will never win because I'm not in the 'golden circle'
    What are you talking about?!?!? It's just been a few friends supporting Victor as far as I can tell. What is this golden circle? I want in too! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Personally, I prefer platinum to gold.
  • Options
    Then can I be in that circle too?
  • Options
    VicSpeed wrote:
    Dunno, from your avatar, you seem like a golden circle kinda guy... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    VicSpeed wrote:

Look around, you are ;)
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

You either don't get it or you are playing dumb since vic is your boy. I'm done, man.

I obviously dont get it

you are comparing a scratch and dent print to a mint one, and deisregarding the fact that it is almost 2 years old and has a value on ebeans of $65. Vic has said he ideally would prefer a trade. I dont really understand your problem.

You tried to sell non pj records in a forum that explicitly says you should sell Pj things. That thread got pulled, and now you play the 'golden circle' card.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

I obviously dont get it

you are comparing a scratch and dent print to a mint one, and deisregarding the fact that it is almost 2 years old and has a value on ebeans of $65. Vic has said he ideally would prefer a trade. I dont really understand your problem.

You tried to sell non pj records in a forum that explicitly says you should sell Pj things. That thread got pulled, and now you play the 'golden circle' card.

I told you I'm done man. I get it. You are supporting your bf. Carry on...
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    VicSpeed wrote:
    Well... my turn.

Ah...now the vehement defense despite a blatant disregard for the rules makes more sense. I've been on your website a bunch; you've done a really nice job with it and it's a fantastic resource. So promote your webstore there and wherever else. This ain't the place.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I obviously dont get it

I told you I'm done man. I get it. You are supporting your bf. Carry on...

:lol: thats it? cool lets agree to disagree. I think the post i made was pretty solid, and your answer is this.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    You are supporting your bf.
    Uh oh Paul. Better tell the wife about Vic.
  • Options
    if your saying that the tenc favour vic for his web site...lmfao

:lol: - pjc is a partner site you know that right?

collectors never really got mocked on the radio show ;)
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

I couldnt work out whether this was meant to be best friend, or an insult but either way Im not too concerned :D
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

I couldnt work out whether this was meant to be best friend, or an insult but either way Im not too concerned :D

You're right. best friend. very nice work. ;)
This discussion has been closed.