Options

[FS/FT] My own PJ Online Shop ----- (5% discount inside!)

VicSpeedVicSpeed Posts: 100
edited February 2012 in Lost Dogs
Post deleted by Admin. See the rules of this forum before you make a post.

Please remember that the spirit of the policy here is meant to keep the trading activities on a fan-to-fan and personal basis, not to create a side business.

You can trade and set a reasonable price here for Pearl Jam memorabilia as long as the item is not available elsewhere on the site.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=147179
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,741
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    Er....

Welcome to the Pearl Jam Message Pit's trading forum. Please remember that the spirit of the policy here is meant to keep the trading activities on a fan-to-fan and personal basis, not to create a side business.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    Let me know if you get 18,00 € for your Single Video Theory VHS.

Thanks.
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    pjl44 wrote:
    Er....

Welcome to the Pearl Jam Message Pit's trading forum. Please remember that the spirit of the policy here is meant to keep the trading activities on a fan-to-fan and personal basis, not to create a side business.

I had a vinyl thread removed for selling a few records. This will be gone soon. If it isn't, that clearly means that the rules are different for some. If its still here tomorrow, I'll help everyone create their own website to make a profit off the band. We will just make sure to use the word 'trade' and plug the pj collectors page :roll:
  • Options
    As i said, I prefer trading than selling.

I am a collector with a lot of double items.

So im open to all your offers.
  • Options
    so if he put a list of all his items for sale with the prices on in here then your happy..(as in lostdogs with every trade or sales item)
    as hes made a web page its a bussiness..grow up you lot..
  • Options
    VicSpeed wrote:
    As i said, I prefer trading than selling.

Clearly. Does the 5% discount apply to trades as well?
  • Options
    so if he put a list of all his items for sale with the prices on in here then your happy..(as in lostdogs with every trade or sales item)

Regardless of how it's posted, if you're offering 100+ items for sale, you're well outside the intent and spirit of this forum.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:

Regardless of how it's posted, if you're offering 100+ items for sale, you're well outside the intent and spirit of this forum.

Exactly my point as well. If you want to sell a boatload of items, then eBay is the best bet. However, it looks as though the op has set up a retail store. I hope you have a registered business for this venture.

Your idea is real cute though. Overprice items and offer a small coupon. :roll:
  • Options
    some of you lot need to get out more ...

so what its ok for him to list one item a day ...so you dont notice.. :roll:

Dude, there are rules. If other people get shut down for selling a mass quantity of stuff, others should to. End of story. Are you blind to the fact that this guy is promoting a side business? Fairness is all I'm after here. Go buy his overpriced shit if you want to support him :lol:
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

Dude, there are rules. If other people get shut down for selling a mass quantity of stuff, others should to. End of story. Are you blind to the fact that this guy is promoting a side business? Fairness is all I'm after here. Go buy his overpriced shit if you want to support him :lol:

leave me brother alone ;)

ok we argee to disagree :P
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

jesus, chill out. If you think its over priced just dont buy it. and to call it 'shit' is kinda unnecessary

There are threads here every day with a boat load of stuff for sale...its funny if theres something someone one wants they find it in their heart to find that acceptable.

if theres things they cant afford its unacceptable.

Its ridiculous double standards as always, and another glaring example of the ''too much time on their hands' lost dogs police.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

leave me brother alone ;)

ok we argee to disagree :P

:lol: It's just fucked up around here that some people get special treatment(not referring to the op). There is a double standard around here and I think it's bullshit, that's all. Nothing against you or the op/brother. :)
  • Options
    hahahahaha

the stickers 16 euros, jojojjojojojojojojojojoj
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    What are we arguing about? The first paragraph of the first post indicates no side businesses. The express purpose of this post is to promote a side business. And enough with the name-calling to justify your insecurity in defending someone contributing to turning this forum into something the majority don't want.
  • Options
    hahahahaha

the stickers 16 euros, jojojjojojojojojojojojoj

Cheo!.... There's a 5% voucher!... :roll:
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

There are threads here every day with a boat load of stuff for sale...its funny if theres something someone one wants they find it in their heart to find that acceptable.

Its ridiculous double standards as always, and another glaring example of the ''too much time on their hands' lost dogs police.

There hasn't been a thing I've ever seen on here that I couldn't pay cash for so it's not about affordability. It's principles and rules that are set up for reasons. I'm sure you can agree that the rules should be the same for everyone?
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

There hasn't been a thing I've ever seen on here that I couldn't pay cash for so it's not about affordability. It's principles and rules that are set up for reasons. I'm sure you can agree that the rules should be the same for everyone?

yes absolutely. and I see threads here every day that offer a list of items for sale. Some including mostly non Pj stuff. I dont understand the difference except this is arranged nicely.

I think the side business thing was to buy from tenclub and flip to make profits. Not selling old valuable merchandise that a collector has acquired, and is looking to let go to aid buying other collectibles.
  • Options
    All items are also available for trade.

Please contact me with your offer!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    crazypjfan wrote:

crazypjfan, I understand your reaction especially if you haven't come across Victor before, but maybe tone it down just a bit. Victor IS a super collector and is not buying stuff with the intention of flipping and is not looking to take advantage of this community, in fact, far from it. He did something super nice for me recently, and I now have a nice addition to my ever growing collection. And no, he did not make any money from it.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

yes absolutely. and I see threads here every day that offer a list of items for sale. Some including mostly non Pj stuff. I dont understand the difference except this is arranged nicely.

I think the side business thing was to buy from tenclub and flip to make profits. Not selling old valuable merchandise that a collector has acquired, and is looking to let go to aid buying other collectibles.

Setting up a website with over 100 items IS a side business. I had a vinyl thread removed that had less than 20 $5 records. I guess I should make it all pretty with a webpage and it's ok to promote it on here? Or maybe I can link you to ebay auctions? It's the same thing. The only difference is that people around here frown upon using ebay. However, those same people probably buy shit from there every day.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

crazypjfan, I understand your reaction especially if you haven't come across Victor before, but maybe tone it down just a bit. Victor IS a super collector and is not buying stuff with the intention of flipping and is not looking to take advantage of this community, in fact, far from it. He did something super nice for me recently, and I now have a nice addition to my ever growing collection. And no, he did not make any money from it.

Ok, so Victor is a good guy. Let him do what he wants. Let's promote his side business and let everyone else get stoned because he did something nice for you :roll:

That's my point about special treatment, in case you missed it.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Ok, so Victor is a good guy. Let him do what he wants. Let's promote his side business and let everyone else get stoned because he did something nice for you :roll:
    I did not say that. No one should get "stoned" here and I hate it when that happens.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    I did not say that. No one should get "stoned" here and I hate it when that happens.

Maybe I need to get stoned and not worry about the bullshit on here... :lol:
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    until they all have a benny bought at $55 they will not be happy...

then they will flip it ;)

certainly won't play it. yes, i'm looking at you!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    [/quote]

I think the side business thing was to buy from tenclub and flip to make profits. Not selling old valuable merchandise that a collector has acquired, and is looking to let go to aid buying other collectibles.[/quote]

Setting up a website with over 100 items IS a side business. I had a vinyl thread removed that had less than 20 $5 records. I guess I should make it all pretty with a webpage and it's ok to promote it on here? Or maybe I can link you to ebay auctions? It's the same thing. The only difference is that people around here frown upon using ebay. However, those same people probably buy shit from there every day.[/quote]

So your pissed about your thread? that explains it.

I dont get your ebay argument....you realise these arnt auctions right? they are fixed price items? So are you saying Vic needs to ditch the website and just make a list here that doesnt have images or details, and just list things?

May i ask was your thread all PJ items?

and people frown on ebay yet buy things on it all day? Are you using this to actually enforce the double standards comments or ripe hyprocrisy mentioned earlier?
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Maybe I need to get stoned and not worry about the bullshit on here... :lol:
    No one needs to get stoned. I think there's no way to make everyone 100% happy with what happens here on Lost Dogs. Ultimately if it's against forum rules, thread will get locked. That's not my job or yours. You are welcome to your opinions, as am I. You just seemed to be going in a direction that was painting Victor in a very bad light which is why I posted what I did.
This discussion has been closed.