mca47 wrote:
    I just won $85 in 30 mins! Go Vegas!

You're in Vegas again?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    DS1119 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

You're in Vegas again?
    Yeah, I'm here once or twice a month for work. Most of my visits I come and go the same day. Whenever I'm here over night, I try to hit up a 1/2 sit and go.
    So far this year, I'm up about $350!
    I've had the best luck at the Stratosphere. Very loose tables with lots of silly big bluffs.
    Tonight, I was pecking away and hit J's. Flop was J, K, A. Short stack went all in, and drained another. Was worried about the straight, but other guy wasn't too aggressive. Was up $120, got smoked on a low % river. Up $85 or so, I tossed the deal some favors and got dinner.
    :D
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

You're in Vegas again?
    Yeah, I'm here once or twice a month for work. Most of my visits I come and go the same day. Whenever I'm here over night, I try to hit up a 1/2 sit and go.
    So far this year, I'm up about $350!
    I've had the best luck at the Stratosphere. Very loose tables with lots of silly big bluffs.
    Tonight, I was pecking away and hit J's. Flop was J, K, A. Short stack went all in, and drained another. Was worried about the straight, but other guy wasn't too aggressive. Was up $120, got smoked on a low % river. Up $85 or so, I tossed the deal some favors and got dinner.
    :D

I want your job! :lol: Does your work put you up on the strip?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah, they will as long as its reasonable. I usually stay in Henderson though. Staying on the strip makes me stay out too late :lol:

Went to Settebello's for dinner tonight. Phenomenal pizza!!! It's in Henderson, but it's without a doubt the best pizza in Vegas!
    They have a 900 degree handmade brick oven, and their technique has gotten some approval of some elite pizza authority in Italy. I guess only a handful of places in the US have the approval. Either way....awesome, awesome pizza!!!
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah, they will as long as its reasonable. I usually stay in Henderson though. Staying on the strip makes me stay out too late :lol:

Went to Settebello's for dinner tonight. Phenomenal pizza!!! It's in Henderson, but it's without a doubt the best pizza in Vegas!
    They have a 900 degree handmade brick oven, and their technique has gotten some approval of some elite pizza authority in Italy. I guess only a handful of places in the US have the approval. Either way....awesome, awesome pizza!!!

Noted. Thanks. I do like the Green Valley Ranch out there. Very chill enviroment.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Bellagio breakfast buffet, here I come!

8-)

Being in Vegas for the weekend I wouldn't anticipate an answer to this question until next Tuesday but how did you like the buffet? :corn:

Stories?

:corn:
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    I was just reading through the thread looking for stuff for me and a friend to do when we go see Ed,and I was wondering who else is going to see either of the EV shows in Vegas? :D
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Sheila23Sheila23 Posts: 265
    I was just reading through the thread looking for stuff for me and a friend to do when we go see Ed,and I was wondering who else is going to see either of the EV shows in Vegas? :D

I was just doing the same thing .... I'm going with a friend too ....

Going to both. I think I posted that before. :lol:

hi-can-i-come-in-hi-can-i-come-in-creepy-guy-hairless-demotivational-poster-1242253514.jpg
    Sheila23 wrote:

Cool,hopefully whoever will be going will want to get together for drinks or something :D

DS1119 wrote:

Going to both. I think I posted that before. :lol:

hi-can-i-come-in-hi-can-i-come-in-creepy-guy-hairless-demotivational-poster-1242253514.jpg

I do seem to remember that :lol::lol:

• Sheila23Sheila23 Posts: 265
    Sheila23 wrote:

Cool,hopefully whoever will be going will want to get together for drinks or something :D

Most definately!! I think there was another post going about a preparty before both shows at a pub near The Palms ..... I'm sure it will surface again closer to the date :)
    DS1119 wrote:

Stories?

:corn:

:corn: :corn:
    Stories? You want stories from a bachelor party? Sorry, this is an all-ages forum :D .

I will say however that five minutes after I posted that I was heading to the Bellagio buffet, I met up with my friends and they decided without me that it was "too far" and "too expensive", and instead they opted for the buffet at Treasure Island. So that never happened.

A lot of things we planned never actually happened. Thursday was a shitshow of astronomic proportions, kind of like "The Hangover", minus the roofies (i think).

Saturday we traveled to a pool party, but the groom forgot his ID back at the hotel so that plan fell through. We made our own party at the TI pool instead, renting a cabana and racking up quite the bottle service tab.

The majorly hungover gun range was amazingly fun, and the groom costed nothing there, so that was a great bonus.

As for steak dinner, we did Bobby Flay's Mesa in Caesar's Palace. Most of us said it was the best steak we'd ever had; I was the exception. For me it was the second-best (I had some great Alberta beef last summer).

The tables were quite kind to me and my crew. Three of us all hit big on a Craps table at the same time so we felt real good for the rest of the night. In fact, I won a bit right after we got there and I was never down. I played mostly craps, and never did get around to Pai Gow.

All in all I've got the bug again and I want to go back again real soon. I see there's a few tickets for the Eddie shows...
    Stories? You want stories from a bachelor party? Sorry, this is an all-ages forum :D .

I will say however that five minutes after I posted that I was heading to the Bellagio buffet, I met up with my friends and they decided without me that it was "too far" and "too expensive", and instead they opted for the buffet at Treasure Island. So that never happened.

A lot of things we planned never actually happened. Thursday was a shitshow of astronomic proportions, kind of like "The Hangover", minus the roofies (i think).

Saturday we traveled to a pool party, but the groom forgot his ID back at the hotel so that plan fell through. We made our own party at the TI pool instead, renting a cabana and racking up quite the bottle service tab.

The majorly hungover gun range was amazingly fun, and the groom costed nothing there, so that was a great bonus.

As for steak dinner, we did Bobby Flay's Mesa in Caesar's Palace. Most of us said it was the best steak we'd ever had; I was the exception. For me it was the second-best (I had some great Alberta beef last summer).

The tables were quite kind to me and my crew. Three of us all hit big on a Craps table at the same time so we felt real good for the rest of the night. In fact, I won a bit right after we got there and I was never down. I played mostly craps, and never did get around to Pai Gow.

All in all I've got the bug again and I want to go back again real soon. I see there's a few tickets for the Eddie shows...

Awesome! See ya there :D

It wouldn't be a trip to Las Vegas unless plans were changed. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

Exactly. It gives me something to look forward to on my next visit. This time I won't wait three years between trips.
    DS1119 wrote:

Exactly. It gives me something to look forward to on my next visit. This time I won't wait three years between trips.

Did you have any Fat Tuesday drinks? :corn:
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Did you have any Fat Tuesday drinks? :corn:

I can't say 100% if I did or not, but next time I go I'll try and remember.
    I can't say 100% if I did or not, but next time I go I'll try and remember.

:fp: :lol:
    I would MUCH rather be in Las Vegas right now. :fp:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    DS1119 wrote:

I'll be there when you RF's are in Montana. Take that!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'll be there when you RF's are in Montana. Take that!

Yeah then after Montana I'll be in Vegas for two EV concerts so...

128871524578639527.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah then after Montana I'll be in Vegas for two EV concerts so...

128871524578639527.jpg

:x :evil:

FINE!! JUST FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Where are you staying this time around?
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Where are you staying this time around?

Not sure yet...might stay on Fremont this time...Golden Nugget...they've got an amazing pool!