Holy Grail of PJ

13»

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    pdalowsky wrote:

nice!....so, what is that Black PJ Beetle Box?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I have no idea how rare it is (I doubt it is), but I have a friend who does security at Target who swiped me a massive cardboard Pearl Jam promo that hung from the ceiling during the Backspacer release. It's a pretty good size for sure.
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

thats an unofficial fan project from the folks at www.blackredyellow.com

Its 13 discs of the broadcasts with custom inserts, stickers and jewel cases etc, they are still available over there for around $30 if you were interested
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    pdalowsky wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

thats an unofficial fan project from the folks at http://www.blackredyellow.com

Its 13 discs of the broadcasts with custom inserts, stickers and jewel cases etc, they are still available over there for around $30 if you were interested

i am, but not accepting new registrations
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    MW3384MW3384 Posts: 122
    Everyone has a lot of cool things. I wish there was a pj memorabilia convention so fans could put their collectables on display for others to see. I could spend hours looking through this stuff. Maybe even music areas set up to listen to old bootlegs and spin some vinyl. Also have the ability to trade items in person.
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Let me know if you want it, I'm still a member there.

fyi, there's no music involved.

"Description:
    A two-piece box covered in leatherette paper and stamped with the Monkeywrench Chronicles logo. Designed to hold the 18-cd set. Each box is numbered out of 275 on the lid.

Also comes with a set of cd jewel cases: two 2-disc jewel cases, two 3-disc jewel cases, and two 4-disc jewel cases.

Also comes with the cd packaging: six jewel case inserts (double-sided), eight tray inserts (single-sided), and two tray inserts (double-sided). All of the cd packaging has been professionally printed, save for the two double-sided tray inserts (we had to print these out ourselves).

This does not include any music. You have to trade or download that part yourself.

Price $25"
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Let me know if you want it, I'm still a member there.

fyi, there's no music involved.

"Description:
    A two-piece box covered in leatherette paper and stamped with the Monkeywrench Chronicles logo. Designed to hold the 18-cd set. Each box is numbered out of 275 on the lid.

Also comes with a set of cd jewel cases: two 2-disc jewel cases, two 3-disc jewel cases, and two 4-disc jewel cases.

Also comes with the cd packaging: six jewel case inserts (double-sided), eight tray inserts (single-sided), and two tray inserts (double-sided). All of the cd packaging has been professionally printed, save for the two double-sided tray inserts (we had to print these out ourselves).

This does not include any music. You have to trade or download that part yourself.

Price $25"

Sounds like an odd item. Who here also has a basketball hoop?
  • Options
    [/quote]

Sounds like an odd item. Who here also has a basketball hoop?[/quote]

I have one and two of the orange balls.....one of my very favourites
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    pdalowsky wrote:

congrats Paul, as I think that's better than blue....I'm here all week folks!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

congrats Paul, as I think that's better than blue....I'm here all week folks!
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    Very informative thread. It's awesome to view pictures of memorabilia I've heard about but never seen. Paul.....daaauummmmn.....you have quite a collection :shock: . Thanks for sharing the photos 8-) and good luck w/ the RR hunt.

:idea: So...PJ20 had the museum compiled by the band and those in their inner circle. PJ25 museum needs to be curated by 10C and be comprised of, or at least include, fan-owned collections like this.
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    cockage wrote:
    Need some help identifying two books i just got from a friend. They are clearly compiled starting at the tail end of 96 into early 97.

6609240887_8da30871ee.jpg

Each book is easily 500+ pages.

Book One is broken into two sections: Interviews and Album Reviews

6609243981_f165f46761.jpg

Book Two is broken into three sections: Live Reviews, Tour & Ticket Sales and Miscellaneous

From what i can gather, its essentially every single printed article taken from newspapers and magazines around the release and subsequent tour in support of No Code.

Each page is stamped with the source, date and circulation of the article.

6609252627_9488def7e6.jpg
    6609268503_c19c0ff940.jpg
    6609277871_1581904af1.jpg
    6609289319_46c2c0de0c.jpg

Too much to go through at any one time but did find an early shout-out to the rumor pit from the Daily Record in New Jersey:

6609386109_570a837925.jpg

and a great contest for tickets to the Hartford show being run in the New Haven Register

6609399289_e33ee8de7d.jpg

Any info as to who made these or what exactly they are would be greatly appreciated.

Whoever put this together deserves a Pulitzer.

These look like Holy Grails to me... :shock:
  • Options
    jjflash wrote:
    Very informative thread. It's awesome to view pictures of memorabilia I've heard about but never seen. Paul.....daaauummmmn.....you have quite a collection :shock: . Thanks for sharing the photos 8-) and good luck w/ the RR hunt.

:idea: So...PJ20 had the museum compiled by the band and those in their inner circle. PJ25 museum needs to be curated by 10C and be comprised of, or at least include, fan-owned collections like this.

Thanks... dont worry I have a reeenk safely tucked away in that pile
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    eyejacker wrote:
    cockage wrote:
    Need some help identifying two books i just got from a friend. They are clearly compiled starting at the tail end of 96 into early 97.

Book Two is broken into three sections: Live Reviews, Tour & Ticket Sales and Miscellaneous

From what i can gather, its essentially every single printed article taken from newspapers and magazines around the release and subsequent tour in support of No Code.

Too much to go through at any one time but did find an early shout-out to the rumor pit from the Daily Record in New Jersey:

and a great contest for tickets to the Hartford show being run in the New Haven Register

Any info as to who made these or what exactly they are would be greatly appreciated.

Someone else said that they worked at a printing company, the books are made for radio stations/promoters during tour. (if I remember correctly) I would assume that they don't stay around too long and get tossed since they are 'promo' items. I'd love to read thru one of them.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I would def like to have a set of these...kind of cool...
    eyejacker wrote:
    cockage wrote:

Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12