Bug out bags

13»

Comments

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    DS1119 wrote:
    I signed up for a course this morning that teaches me how to make a shelter out of a cow's carcas and weapons from a pen. I'm going to be so ready when the end comes. :lol:

The pen is indeed mightier than the sword :lol:

I will learn to sit on the hill,have a smoke listen to PJ and watch the mad carnage below and wait until someone comes to shoot me down for my shoes
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i always keep a full tank of gas in my truck...unless it''s two weeks post fillup...then it's usally close to empty.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    WaveRyder wrote:
    i agree with everything in your post except one thing. I wouldnt kill another human to sustain myself, UNLESS that person was trying to kill me to sustain himself. Im not going to just let me and my loved ones die ... that's not american. life should be preserved and valued. if someone tries to break the social contract by stealing and killing, the state of nature kicks in.
    Trust me, no one values his life more than I do. I do not take a day I wake up and live... for granted.
    But, like I said, I am not going to risk my life for something a meaningless as food or water or my car or my television. Someone points a gun at me and asks for the bullshit paper in my pocket... he can have it. I would like to walk away from the confrontation with my life. All the rest of that shit... money, cars, t.v.s... it's just shit.
    If I meet that psychotic sociopath that will kill me and/or anyone else just for the hell of it... that's one thing. I'm talking about people in general. We should maintain our humanity in times of need... and NOT turn into psychos because there isn't any electricity.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    stargirl69 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I signed up for a course this morning that teaches me how to make a shelter out of a cow's carcas and weapons from a pen. I'm going to be so ready when the end comes. :lol:

I will learn to sit on the hill,have a smoke listen to PJ and watch the mad carnage below and wait until someone comes to shoot me down for my shoes
    I remember in the 80s, when the whole Reagan vs. Breznev Cold War nukes thing was going on and hearing things about post-Nuclear Winters and not being able to survive in large urban environments, such as Los Angeles/Long Beach.
    I was glad I lived and worked within a 5 mile radius of the Pacific Fleet's Naval Weapons Station that was on the Soviet's Top Ten Hit-list. It would mean that I would be vaporized in the initial strikes and not have to suffer the Hell of walking zombies that would murder you for the contaminated rotten onion, just so they could live another day in that Salvador Dali-esque Hellscape.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,703
    stargirl69 wrote:

Sounds like a good plan, stargirl! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Cosmo wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I remember in the 80s, when the whole Reagan vs. Breznev Cold War nukes thing was going on and hearing things about post-Nuclear Winters and not being able to survive in large urban environments, such as Los Angeles/Long Beach.
    I was glad I lived and worked within a 5 mile radius of the Pacific Fleet's Naval Weapons Station that was on the Soviet's Top Ten Hit-list. It would mean that I would be vaporized in the initial strikes and not have to suffer the Hell of walking zombies that would murder you for the contaminated rotten onion, just so they could live another day in that Salvador Dali-esque Hellscape.

I too remember that,I grew up a few miles away from a nuclear plant,I thought if that goes up I am close enough to it not to know a thing.

brianlux wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:

Sounds like a good plan, stargirl! :D

Plenty room on the hill for anyone who wants to join me :D

If I'm gonna go I want to go free in my own head space not fighting to the bitter end just to die broken and exhausted.

We're all going one day,If I have any power over how that happens to me I want it done with as much peace as is possible.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”